Page 376 of 828 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 12412
    Ultimate Member

Assassin and Son is coming out in November in comic book stores.

From Scout Comics.

It's the comic book co-written by the late Shad Gaspard.

https://www.scoutcomics.com/collecti...ssin-and-son-1

Featuring the comic writing debuts of former WWE wrestlers, the late Shad Gaspard (member of Cryme Tyme) and Marc Copani (Muhammad Hassan)!

This 1,000 copy limited edition variant is to benefit Shad Gaspard's family. All profits will be sent directly to them.

Variant cover by Bryan Silverbax

Assassin and Son is a gritty urban-western set in present-day New York. Donovan Braddock is a one-man killing unit who works with a team of covert assassins known as "The Horsemen," When Braddock attempts to live a normal life and leave his old violent life behind he discovers that violence still follows him as his wife is cold-heartedly murdered in front of both him and his young son. Now with nothing to live for, this tragic event sends father and son on an epic journey of revenge and consequence that becomes their "Path of Vengeance."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And John Boyega finally told off Star Wars fans. Because he is still getting trolled by the toxic ones. Lets just say a 4 letter f word was used to tell folks to BLEEP off.
    On the major Star Wars board I frequent, someone was trying to connect a feminist/faux-feminist group made up mostly of Reylo’s for attacking Boyega. I take that with some salt; the person who said it shares my distaste for Reylo, we both can have confirmation bias, and I’m entirely uninformed about the group supposedly mentioned.

...But there is a part of me that thinks that there’s almost certainly an unhealthy alliance between the same just plain racist groups that attacked Boyega back when TFA was coming out and the Reylo fans that I generally side-eye quite a bit whenever they try and argue any kind fo feminist messages they see in the pairing - in part because, while I am a guy, it’s almost impossible for me to not see some ugly elements of sexism and pro-abusive romance making you the core of the Reylo story that’s in the films... and the way that Kylo is arguably the main focus of that fan group and valued over Rey and of course over Finn makes me reflexively hypothesize about some possible racism mixing with the sexism of the pairing.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

For you 80s dystopian future action/scifi junkies, have you checked out Huntdown yet?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    This is pretty sweet! It took me a couple minutes to recognition Duke, especially with the hairstyle they gave him and the domino mask he's wearing, since Duke's never really worn domino masks in-canon.

Does anyone know who the Black Batgirl(?) is above Cyborg and Nubia? I think I recognize everyone else except her.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This is pretty sweet! It took me a couple minutes to recognition Duke, especially with the hairstyle they gave him and the domino mask he's wearing, since Duke's never really worn domino masks in-canon.

Does anyone know who the Black Batgirl(?) is above Cyborg and Nubia? I think I recognize everyone else except her.
    My best guess is that it is a comic book version of Javicia Leslie's Batwoman/Ryan Wilder in the upcoming second season of "Batwoman" on the CW.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    My best guess is that it is a comic book version of Javicia Leslie's Batwoman/Ryan Wilder in the upcoming second season of "Batwoman" on the CW.
    That's a pretty fast turnaround, then.

Justice League still looks bad but at least it looks coherent and Cyborg might actually do something cool. Maybe.

(Flash is such a miscast make the pain stop why does he run like that lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yesterday, an animator named Sarah Momobami took to Twitter after her pitch for a show, Astur's Rebellion was rejected by a company (she doesn’t name the company in question, but it was heavily implied to be Crunchyroll).

https://twitter.com/SaraIMZ1/status/1297093224641822720

According to Momobami, Crunchyroll and others now consider shows with diverse casts to be marketing poison due to shows with such casts failing. Furthermore, she is arguing that people who attempted to commodify diversity have done long term damage to attempts to be more diverse.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-23-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yesterday, an animator named Sarah Momobami took to Twitter after her pitch for a show, Astur's Rebellion was rejected by a company (she doesn’t name the company in question, but it was heavily implied to be Crunchyroll).

According to Momobami, Crunchyroll and others now consider shows with a focus on diversity to be marketing poison due to shows with similar premises failing. Furthermore, she is arguing that people who attempted to commodify diversity have done long term damage to attempts to be more diverse.
    Yeah, but it's not like the people who rejected the show wouldn't have noticed the diverse cast and done exactly the same thing if the showrunners just advertised "the story" as opposed to "diversity".

According to Momobami, Crunchyroll and others now consider shows with a focus on diversity to be marketing poison due to shows with similar premises failing. Furthermore, she is arguing that people who attempted to commodify diversity have done long term damage to attempts to be more diverse.
    It does sound like they're talking about the reaction to High Guardian Spice, although they have like a show based around Mayan culture coming out too? I wonder what the difference is.

I doubt they would've bat an eye at a similar-looking anime.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yeah, but it's not like the people who rejected the show wouldn't have noticed the diverse cast and done exactly the same thing if the showrunners just advertised "the story" as opposed to "diversity".
    Maybe but if what she is saying is true I do think Momobami is justifiably frustrated by what she sees white feminism once again neglecting women of color and people who only use diversity as a selling point while not really caring about it.

Astonishing Member

Knowing how vital having more sincerely diverse works out there is, my one true worry about this is how this call-out will just be weaponized in the name of justifying less attempts at diverse works and more of the same dominate media we always get.

Like, one poster in that thread said something to the effect of "I hope westerners will stop worrying about that stuff and just go back to making good shows." I can't tell if they're being purposefully malicious or not. And if not, that comment is extremely ignorant and tone-deaf. Because in the world we live in, diversity is vital. It is a selling point because it is a buying point. Because people want and need diverse representation in the media they consume. "Good" or "bad"' or "in-between" can be argued after the fact, and it'll be up to themselves and no one else to decide. But getting it out there in the first place is what's important; because that's the hurdle.

And that person's comment can easily be used to justify the continued downplaying and dismissing of diverse works from diverse minds. Because saying "just go back to making good shows" when so much of the shows and other creative works, "good" or otherwise, has been from, by, and for the dominate cultures of the world is easy to turn into "just go back to making the same White (etc.) works you've been doing and haven't stopped, and forget about all that other 'stuff' that's been causing problems."

M 'Baku as Grimlock by Betos Garcia

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformer...mlock_made_by/

The Take examines the model minority depiction of Asian-Americans and how it obscures the racism Asian-Americans face in an 18 minute video . It also examines the origins of this trope and how newer Asian characters are bucking it.

M 'Baku as Grimlock by Betos Garcia

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformer...mlock_made_by/
    It's a good look .