Page 378 of 824 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 12354

Fox never cared about X-men characters, they just care about powersets.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Here’s a little fun fact for you guys (well not so fun to some people). Hollywood treats Latino as a Race, on par with Whote, Black, East Asian, Native American...etc. This means that they combine all people of European, Native American, Asian, African and Multiracial descent from Latin America, into one people, a Latino. They do this for either two reasons, ignorance of history and genetics or to be able to cast more White people all under the guise of “they’re all Latino”. The first reason I can understand, the second one not so much.

Because of the above you’ll continue to see Brown and Black Latin American characters turned White or White passing.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    From https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-muta...s-a-1844806878

"Boone: You won’t have any argument from me. It’s like my thing was my goal was to cast a real Brazilian and I saw 300 of myself black, brown, lighter-skinned. I saw every shade of the sun. It was the same case with Blu Hunt. It’s like we looked at 300 Native American people and people very close ties to the Native American community. My goal was to find the best actor who, because they’ve done so little work, was at least the closest to kind of what I saw in my head for the character. There was nobody who hold a candle to Henry. It’s like maybe if Henry didn’t exist, I would have found somebody who was darker skinned who exemplified what I needed.
    Highly skeptical the casting agency FOX went with rounded up such a tidy number of 300 Brazilian's and an equal number Native Americans. None of this interview dude sounds particularly innovative at any level so the fact that after ALL that, he ended up with the stock close but not too close ethnic looking Brazilian says it all. Shoehorning another Mystique/Jennifer Lawrence appearance would the most FOX perfect thing ever.

But it was never about the color of their skin for me.
    ^This was the truest **** he said. 'That 616 colored Bobby, it was never going to be about' sounds more like it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    No love for Contra 3, Contra 4, Contra: Shattered Soldier, or Contra: Hard Corps?
    Heard once the franchise went 3D, things went **** up with crappy controls and poor design in general.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Here’s a little fun fact for you guys (well not so fun to some people). Hollywood treats Latino as a Race, on par with Whote, Black, East Asian, Native American...etc. This means that they combine all people of European, Native American, Asian, African and Multiracial descent from Latin America, into one people, a Latino. They do this for either two reasons, ignorance of history and genetics or to be able to cast more White people all under the guise of “they’re all Latino”. The first reason I can understand, the second one not so much.

Because of the above you’ll continue to see Brown and Black Latin American characters turned White or White passing.
    Very true.

Ultimate Member

Boone: You won’t have any argument from me. It’s like my thing was my goal was to cast a real Brazilian and I saw 300 of myself black, brown, lighter-skinned. I saw every shade of the sun. It was the same case with Blu Hunt. It’s like we looked at 300 Native American people and people very close ties to the Native American community. My goal was to find the best actor who, because they’ve done so little work, was at least the closest to kind of what I saw in my head for the character. There was nobody who hold a candle to Henry. It’s like maybe if Henry didn’t exist, I would have found somebody who was darker skinned who exemplified what I needed. But it was never about the color of their skin for me.

io9: Did that just not fit into your vision for Roberto’s story in the film?

Boone: I didn’t care so much about the racism I’ve heard about in Brazil, about light-skinned versus dark-skinned. To me, it was I wanted to represent Brazil in a positive way and I wanted to find somebody who seems like he could look like a guy who’s had the silver spoon in his mouth, who has like a really rich dad and [Henry] just exemplified all these things.

Henry’s such a dedicated performer and you can see it in her performance on The Stand where he’s playing someone who can neither speak nor hear, and he put so much time into learning sign language and spending time learning from deaf people was just great. He’s a beyond reproach human being, and I sort of defy anybody who wants to say that Henry’s not a good Roberto simply because he’s lighter-skinned."
    That TICKED me off more than anything. That was offensive.

With as many TROLLS who have screamed about respecting the source material-this gets a pass.

Sunspot's power kicked off because of a racial incident. He would be powerless if he looked like Henry.

He says he got the best actor. GEE wasn't that said about Michael B Jordan in Fantastic Four? John Boyega in Star wars? Yet folks were ready to turn theaters into shooting galleries over their casting.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Heard once the franchise went 3D, things went **** up with crappy controls and poor design in general.
    That was Contra: Legacy of War and Contra Adventure. Those games did suck but they weren't done by the dev teams at Konami.

Now as far as Contra: Rouge Corps goes I can't speak on that one because the last Contra I played was Shattered Soldier.

Astonishing Member

"io9: We’ve got to talk about the criticisms that have been leveled against the film for casting Henry Zaga to play Roberto, a character who’s Afro-Brazilian in the comics, originally read as Black, and whose origins do touch upon anti-Black racism in Brazil. I suppose my first question’s: do you get where that criticism came from?

Boone: You won’t have any argument from me. It’s like my thing was my goal was to cast a real Brazilian and I saw 300 of myself black, brown, lighter-skinned. I saw every shade of the sun. It was the same case with Blu Hunt. It’s like we looked at 300 Native American people and people very close ties to the Native American community. My goal was to find the best actor who, because they’ve done so little work, was at least the closest to kind of what I saw in my head for the character. There was nobody who hold a candle to Henry. It’s like maybe if Henry didn’t exist, I would have found somebody who was darker skinned who exemplified what I needed. But it was never about the color of their skin for me.

io9: Did that just not fit into your vision for Roberto’s story in the film?

Boone: I didn’t care so much about the racism I’ve heard about in Brazil, about light-skinned versus dark-skinned. To me, it was I wanted to represent Brazil in a positive way and I wanted to find somebody who seems like he could look like a guy who’s had the silver spoon in his mouth, who has like a really rich dad and [Henry] just exemplified all these things.

Henry’s such a dedicated performer and you can see it in her performance on The Stand where he’s playing someone who can neither speak nor hear, and he put so much time into learning sign language and spending time learning from deaf people was just great. He’s a beyond reproach human being, and I sort of defy anybody who wants to say that Henry’s not a good Roberto simply because he’s lighter-skinned."

Why this franchise will continue to fail, Looking forward to this movie bombing/underperforming
    This is such an obnoxious read. You can tell the interviewee said too much trying to justify themselves. On the other hand, perhaps they said everything they needed to. Hopefully people will read this and recognize just how bad and obnoxious their response is, and is in general whenever other movie types give their own terrible spins on it.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This is such an obnoxious read. You can tell the interviewee said too much trying to justify themselves. On the other hand, perhaps they said everything they needed to. Hopefully people will read this and recognize just how bad and obnoxious their response is, and is in general whenever other movie types give their own terrible spins on it.
    I already read a review that said the movies was just more regular foX-men bullshit. They dumped this movie knowing it wasn't going to make any money. It'll have a short theatrical run, make a little bit of money back towards its cost and then get shuffled into Disney+ by Thanksgiving.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    That was Contra: Legacy of War and Contra Adventure. Those games did suck but they weren't done by the dev teams at Konami.

Now as far as Contra: Rouge Corps goes I can't speak on that one because the last Contra I played was Shattered Soldier.
    Ah so that one at least struck a good chord with you. Nice to hear. Though, with Konami fragging their own games department in favor of goddamned pachinko, that may have been the series’ last genuine hurrah, unfortunately.

Ah so that one at least struck a good chord with you. Nice to hear. Though, with Konami fragging their own games department in favor of goddamned pachinko, that may have been the series’ last genuine hurrah, unfortunately.
    I can't believe there isn't a new Castlevania game to accompany the series. What a missed opportunity.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Sunspot's power kicked off because of a racial incident. He would be powerless if he looked like Henry..
    A thick enough accent could still piss off a horde of racist caucasians.

EDIT: Never mind. Just read that it was lighter-skinned Brazilians who jumped him. Yeahhhhhhh, this casting decision and the rationale for it does seem a bit sketchy.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 08-27-2020 at 10:17 AM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, but there's always Hard Corps: Uprising though from what I've seen of it it's it's own thing with only loose ties to Contra. Don't think it's on Steam so unless if one downloaded it when it was around there's no way to play it today.

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I already read a review that said the movies was just more regular foX-men bullshit. They dumped this movie knowing it wasn't going to make any money. It'll have a short theatrical run, make a little bit of money back towards its cost and then get shuffled into Disney+ by Thanksgiving.
    I think HBO actually might have the streaming rights to it lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think HBO actually might have the streaming rights to it lol
    LOL. Disney can just make money off that license then and not have to put that BS on their channel.
    Pull List: