Page 38 of 828 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Whatever else can be said about the costume, racist pricks giving Diop a hard time is not on DC. These guys would find any excuse to crap on her no matter what DC did. We saw that with the backlash she got before any trailers or set photos were revealed. It is NOT DC's job to tell fans to behave themselves.

There is a lot we can blame DC for. Fans harassing actresses isn't one of them.
    That is an excuse.

Because they HIRED her to play a nonblack character. Not Bumblebee but Starfire.
    They gave her an horrible outfit that greenlighted the trolls to come running.

So they bought all this mess to HER door not her looking for it.

Because this HURTS her ability to make money. Because they are not going to stop with Titans as we saw with Heather Antos.

It looks bad for them when they let a certain editor stay employed *and even accommodated him) despite his antics with women.
    It makes them look bad when they had no trouble letting a certain artist insult John Stewart fans and support a certain group while he was collecting a check from DC.

Dc needs to say SOMETHING. Especially if those trolls have subscriptions to that DC stream.

They might not be able to stop any or all of it but at least it sends a message that they are not just accepting it. Because I am sure OTHERS are looking on.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is an excuse.

Because they HIRED her to play a nonblack character. Not Bumblebee but Starfire.

Because this HURTS her ability to make money. Because they are not going to stop with Titans as we saw with Heather Antos.

It looks bad for them when they let a certain editor stay employed *and even accommodated him) despite his antics with women.
    It makes them look bad when they had no trouble letting a certain artist insult John Stewart fans and support a certain group while he was collecting a check from DC.

Dc needs to say SOMETHING. Especially if those trolls have subscriptions to that DC stream.

They might not be able to stop any or all of it but at least it sends a message that they are not just accepting it. Because I am sure OTHERS are looking on.
    It's not on DC Comics, but it is on the show runners. Honestly, the whole thing ( not just Starfire, but also Beast Boy, Raven, "Fuck Batman",) looks tacky.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yep. All this "it is just from a party! relax" stuff is just well... crap lol
    She probably wear it to go to the disco party...and then she'll keep wearing it for...reasons. There'll probably be even be more 'stick out out that hip more' camera shots...I'm hoping not, but they aren't high hopes...

That is an excuse.

The trolls were coming for her before a single image from this show was released.

One of the showrunners released a statement saying the outfit wasn't what Kory would be wearing the entirety of the show.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

That Robin costume Eminem wore in "Without Me," looks better than what they have in Titans.

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

That is an excuse.

Starfire is also a nonwhite character, non-Asian character etc. I don't think it's fair to say that the creators should have expected fan backlash against a non-white actress playing a non-white character.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Starfire is also a nonwhite character, non-Asian character etc. I don't think it's fair to say that the creators should have expected fan backlash against a non-white actress playing a non-white character.
    In this day and time? They damned should have expected some "fans" lashing out. After what happened to Kelly Marie Tran, every creative studio should have sat up and taken notice.

They need plans for how to deal with "fan" backlash (in reality racist, sexist, homophobic et c campaigns of bullying and harassment) all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    That Robin costume Eminem wore in "Without Me," looks better than what they have in Titans.
    It really does.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    In this day and time? They damned should have expected some "fans" lashing out. After what happened to Kelly Marie Tran, every creative studio should have sat up and taken notice.

They need plans for how to deal with "fan" backlash (in reality racist, sexist, homophobic et c campaigns of bullying and harassment) all the time.
    I guess the role of the refugee with golden skin and big, curly hair who gets a career in modeling because of her exotic looks should have been offered to Scarlett Johansson.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    It really does.

I agree that Raven and Starfire's costumes need work a lot. The 2 are pretty bad and here is hoping Raven gets one as the show goes on. But no...sorry...no. Robin's costume looks the best in this. I get the whole idea is to shit on everything in that image. But the only one with really a decent costume is Dick Grayson's , Robin costume. (You can forgive Beast Boy if he's gonna wear street clothes and morph into creatures etc).

But yeah I agree that the 2 (Raven & Starfire) isn't good. But folks , even I can say from that image , the best one is Robin. (He seems to be the focus of the show anyhow judging by trailer).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I agree that Raven and Starfire's costumes need work a lot. The 2 are pretty bad and here is hoping Raven gets one as the show goes on. But no...sorry...no. Robin's costume looks the best in this. I get the whole idea is to shit on everything in that image. But the only one with really a decent costume is Dick Grayson's , Robin costume. (You can forgive Beast Boy if he's gonna wear street clothes and morph into creatures etc).
    I don't think anybody except Robin actually has a supersuit, and this is not so much a "Teen Titans: superhero team" show as a "Robin meets three street people with powers and they have a team-up, and will be a superhero team with proper costumes in season 2, or maybe the finale of season 1".
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-16-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think anybody except Robin actually has a supersuit, and this is not so much a "Teen Titans: superhero team" show as a "Robin meets three street people with powers and they have a team-up, and will for a superhero team with proper costumes in season 2, or maybe the finale of season 1".
    Yeah judging from the trailer that seems to be how things will go. It just made me chuckle that everyone was such in a hurry online in anger to bury the entire thing they are showing con pics of folks dressed as Teen Titans Go and everyone else dressed as Robin like Eminem to make a point on how its all shit. Yet , if they sit back and objectively look at the image they would be like...ok the Robin costume (modeled after Tim Drake's it appears) looks good for this. Yes its darker coloring sure , but his costume has nothing at all wrong with it.

I like Eminem as an artist and have no issues with cosplayers since i do love folks in costumes as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The man who groped Terry Crews had apologised to him in a letter.

https://www.themarysue.com/terry-crews-gets-apology/

The robin costume other than being too dark (which fits this universe anyway), looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I guess the role of the refugee with golden skin and big, curly hair who gets a career in modeling because of her exotic looks should have been offered to Scarlett Johansson.
    Comments like this just leads to off topic dumb discussion that get no where.

It isn't too much to ask that she doesn't look like a hollywood street prostitute. It really isnt.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Enjoying what I've seen of The Dragon Prince so far -- aims for the "Airbender" audience and hits it's mark.