Page 380 of 827 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 12392

I hate this more than Kobe. And I grew up with Kobe.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    That's horrible. At least he isn't in any more pain.
    Truly. They're all difficult diagnoses but that one in particular is very difficult to treat, let alone be as productive as he was during those treatment plans. Ah, he was very strong.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Dear Screen Rant: Regarding the Chadwick Boseman Article | READUS 101

Its like if a coworker died, you're not going to say right after hearing the news "Damn so who's gonna cover Saturday's shift?" You know someone has to be selected and will be selected, but you typically have enough common sense not to ask so soon after you hear the news.

Ultimate Member

So, i've been seeing clips from The New Mutants.

Between whitewashing Sunspot and Illyana making racist comments towards Dani Moonstar and I really question Josh Boone's entire approach to the movie.

The guy seems to be painfully ignorant towards a lot of stuff.

Ultimate Member

https://twitter.com/DanielCherryIII/...57138152001536

Countdown till the Hal Jordan and Kyle fans get mad.

Thanks for the Cherries
    Black heart
    , brother! Excited to build on the amazing @DCComics
    legacy with the team. Word to John Stewart aka #GreenLantern!

IDW hires Disney Publishing exec Nachie Marsham as new publisher

https://www.gamesradar.com/idw-hires...new-publisher/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://twitter.com/DanielCherryIII/...57138152001536

Countdown till the Hal Jordan and Kyle fans get mad.
    I think the Hal fans have more or less simmered down these days. As long as the guy isn't killed off or turned evil they're happy.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly Kyle Rayner hasn't had a major character push since what...the early 2000's ? He's basically been around but not doing much. The hiring seems pretty different but I guess DC's doing away with the standard Editor in Chief deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

https://twitter.com/i/events/1301074597719216128

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/cultur...interview-2020

John Boyega: 'I’m the only cast member whose experience of Star Wars was based on their race'

‘What I say to Disney is do not market a black character as important and then push them aside’

“I’m the only cast member who had their own unique experience of that franchise based on their race,” he says, holding my gaze. “Let’s just leave it like that. It makes you angry with a process like that. It makes you much more militant; it changes you. Because you realise, ‘I got given this opportunity but I’m in an industry that wasn’t even ready for me.’ Nobody else in the cast had people saying they were going to boycott the movie because [they were in it]. Nobody else had the uproar and death threats sent to their Instagram DMs and social media, saying, ‘Black this and black that and you shouldn’t be a Stormtrooper.’ Nobody else had that experience. But yet people are surprised that I’m this way. That’s my frustration.”

He has made peace with a lot of this now (following that intense 2017 period he attended therapy

Guess we can rule out John in Black Panther 2 lolololol

Imagine this....

Leading ot absolutely nothing. Worse than nothing. Getting sidelined.

In a lengthy, candid interview with GQ, John Boyega defended director J.J. Abrams, but acknowledged that his character was pushed to one side despite being billed as a key part of the franchise.

"Everybody needs to leave my boy alone," the actor said. "He wasn’t even supposed to come back and try to save your ****. You get yourself involved in projects and you’re not necessarily going to like everything. [But] what I would say to Disney is do not bring out a Black character, market them to be much more important in the franchise than they are and then have them pushed to the side. It’s not good. I’ll say it straight up."

"Like, you guys knew what to do with Daisy Ridley, you knew what to do with Adam Driver," Boyega continued. "You knew what to do with these other people, but when it came to Kelly Marie Tran, when it came to John Boyega, you know f**k all. So what do you want me to say?"

"What they want you to say is, ‘I enjoyed being a part of it. It was a great experience.' I’ll take that deal when it’s a great experience," he openly admitted. "They gave all the nuance to Adam Driver, all the nuance to Daisy Ridley. Let’s be honest. Daisy knows this. Adam knows this. Everybody knows. I’m not exposing anything."
    Dude is blaming straight disney lol

I still don't know how KK isn't fired....

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Imagine this....

And probably Green Lantern rumors. Hal fans don't want NONE of John telling them off.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Imagine this....

As i stated in the Star Wars forum, I 100% agree with Boyega here. They really messed up the character of Finn and he was reduced to chasing after a white girl with little agency of his own!!. One of the reasons I will forever have issues with the sequel trilogy is in part because of what was done to Finn. The idea of a rogue Stormtrooper that could be force sensitive was so intriguing, instead we got him completely regressed in The Last Jedi and to screaming "Rey!!!" in The Rise of Skywalker. It was the same thing with Rose and how her character was completely scaled back in the Rise of Skywalker.

And I've said this before, the big corporations REALLY should try and make stronger statements in defense of their minority "employees". It was the same thing with the Titans thing when the Starfire actress was getting all sort of hate online, the folks that recruited her remained suspiciously silent. Sina Grace and Kelly Marie Tran were viciously attacked online and Marvel and Disney were totally quiet. Sina Grace publicly criticized Marvel for their total silence in the face of the barrage from "comicsgate". It's not enough for these companies to support "Black Lives Matter" or some other movement, it's about how their actions actually play out.

Imagine this....

Oh yeah, Boyega's been going off on them since the check cleared. Not to mention those pesky Reylos giving him a hard time on twitter and instagram to this day. I hope that if Dune does well, Oscar Issac gets him a part in a sequel. I have Dune on audible, I have to finish it. It's pretty dense, even for a prog rock fan like myself.

Edit: I could kind of see him as John Stewart, even though he's a little young, I always saw him as middle aged.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 09-02-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    As i stated in the Star Wars forum, I 100% agree with Boyega here. They really messed up the character of Finn and he was reduced to chasing after a white girl with little agency of his own!!. One of the reasons I will forever have issues with the sequel trilogy is in part because of what was done to Finn. The idea of a rogue Stormtrooper that could be force sensitive was so intriguing, instead we got him completely regressed in The Last Jedi and to screaming "Rey!!!" in The Rise of Skywalker. It was the same thing with Rose and how her character was completely scaled back in the Rise of Skywalker.
    Imagine lighting a lightsaber and being told "you have a weapon"

and then getting your ass beat by a stormtrooper.

dude was done dirty from the beginning and then regressed worthless in the next two movies

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Oh yeah, Boyega's been going off on them since the check cleared. Not to mention those pesky Reylos giving him a hard time on twitter and instagram to this day. I hope that if Dune does well, Oscar Issac gets him a part in a sequel. I have Dune on audible, I have to finish it. It's pretty dense, even for a prog rock fan like myself.

Edit: I could kind of see him as John Stewart, even though he's a little young, I always saw him as middle aged.
    Dune is going to bomb so hard me thinks. covid or no covid.