Page 381 of 828 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Imagine lighting a lightsaber and being told "you have a weapon"

and then getting your ass beat by a stormtrooper.

dude was done dirty from the beginning and then regressed worthless in the next two movies

Dune is going to bomb so hard me thinks. covid or no covid.
    Finn needed one hero moment in TFA. He never gets one, beating that trooper with the club should have been his moment. Fighting Captain Phasma to a draw should have been his moment, but nope, no moment for him.

Dune, like A wrinkle in time, is notoriously difficult to adapt to film. Makes me wonder how Ava Duvurnay is going to handle the New Gods. I love the Fourth World, but I know they're a hard sell for a lot of people. Tom King is writing it, which means that a lot of characters are going to be sitting around feeling sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Finn needed one hero moment in TFA. He never gets one, beating that trooper with the club should have been his moment. Fighting Captain Phasma to a draw should have been his moment, but nope, no moment for him.

Dune, like A wrinkle in time, is notoriously difficult to adapt to film. Makes me wonder how Ava Duvurnay is going to handle the New Gods. I love the Fourth World, but I know they're a hard sell for a lot of people. Tom King is writing it, which means that a lot of characters are going to be sitting around feeling sad.
    his best moment is getting one hit in on an injured emotionally unstable Kylo before getting his ass beat.

yay
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Guess we can rule out John in Black Panther 2 lolololol

Imagine this....

Leading ot absolutely nothing. Worse than nothing. Getting sidelined.

Dude is blaming straight disney lol

I still don't know how KK isn't fired....
    My first harebrained guess is because Disney doesn't feel like getting bombarded with accusations of "misogyny" in addition to the flak from Boyega. Especially since they've been going HARD on the whole "Disney leading ladies little girls everywhere can look up to" angle (live-action Mulan, Frozen I + II, Moana, Incredibles 2, Black Widow, etc.)
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-02-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    My first harebrained guess is because Disney doesn't feel like getting bombarded with accusations of "misogyny" in addition to the flak from Boyega. Especially since they've been going HARD on the whole "Disney leading ladies little girls everywhere can look up to" angle (live-action Mulan, Frozen I + II, Moana, Incredibles 2, Black Widow, etc.)
    WHile ignoring that huge market for black male heroes let alone male heroes of color overall.

Invincible Member

I thought his Mr Miracle was great, but that's not something you can translate into a summer movie.
    Nor would you want to.

I still don't know how KK isn't fired....
    Whatever else you can say about her, the films made money. Even Rise of Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    As i stated in the Star Wars forum, I 100% agree with Boyega here. They really messed up the character of Finn and he was reduced to chasing after a white girl with little agency of his own!!. One of the reasons I will forever have issues with the sequel trilogy is in part because of what was done to Finn. The idea of a rogue Stormtrooper that could be force sensitive was so intriguing, instead we got him completely regressed in The Last Jedi and to screaming "Rey!!!" in The Rise of Skywalker. It was the same thing with Rose and how her character was completely scaled back in the Rise of Skywalker.

And I've said this before, the big corporations REALLY should try and make stronger statements in defense of their minority "employees". It was the same thing with the Titans thing when the Starfire actress was getting all sort of hate online, the folks that recruited her remained suspiciously silent. Sina Grace and Kelly Marie Tran were viciously attacked online and Marvel and Disney were totally quiet. Sina Grace publicly criticized Marvel for their total silence in the face of the barrage from "comicsgate". It's not enough for these companies to support "Black Lives Matter" or some other movement, it's about how their actions actually play out.
    WB/DC did speak out against the online hate Anna Diop got and at least two of her co-stars defended her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Dear Screen Rant: Regarding the Chadwick Boseman Article | READUS 101
    Yeah, that's why when you don't really know what to say, it best not to say anything at all. Not that that really applies to ScreenRant, since I think they knew exactly what they wanted to say.

Dude in this video was preachin'.

Astonishing Member

I think the Hal fans have more or less simmered down these days. As long as the guy isn't killed off or turned evil they're happy.
    Frankly, we'll have to see how long that last

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly Kyle Rayner hasn't had a major character push since what...the early 2000's ? He's basically been around but not doing much.
    True, but the potential for coalition would be worrisome.

Oh yeah, Boyega's been going off on them since the check cleared. Not to mention those pesky Reylos giving him a hard time on twitter and instagram to this day. I hope that if Dune does well, Oscar Issac gets him a part in a sequel. I have Dune on audible, I have to finish it. It's pretty dense, even for a prog rock fan like myself.

Edit: I could kind of see him as John Stewart, even though he's a little young, I always saw him as middle aged.
    well, John is the second youngest out of the four corpsmen so he's not really that young. I think John Boyega suits the role, he has the charisma, heart, and emotional range to play John. plus, I rather they cast him closer to Robert Patterson Batman's age so they can use that character for a long time.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

his best moment is getting one hit in on an injured emotionally unstable Kylo before getting his ass beat.

yay
    I won’t defend TFA’s problems....

But The Last Jedi fucked up a lot more.

Finn after TFA is still a lead character who only really needs one victory against a good opponent in his next film; he’s either imminently salvageable, or close enough to it most people wouldn’t notice the problem of he was written with any respect for his role in the next film.

Instead, he’s in a condescending, somewhat ignorant, and unambitious skippable cutscene written by someone who doesn’t appear to have paid attention to inconvenient parts of TFA that *do* show where Boyega was the closest thing the young cast had to an MVP and had progressed much further in his character arc than the Saturday Morning Cartoon about a black guy written by a sheltered white guy that he got.

TROS had to pick up the pieces for *everything* after TLJ. And Finn was the most screwed over... though I’m curious about the part where Boyega kind of defended Abrams a bit, as to whether or not that would imply that maybe LFL or Disney was playing a bigger role in lessening him in TROS.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Not to mention them turning down a pitch for an animated series because they said they wanted to focus on animation with girl leads right now (likely to continue capitalizing on the clout and prestige they've gained from Doc McStuffins, Sofia The First, Elena of Avalor through to Star Vs The Forces of Evil, Amphibia and The Owl House). If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure the person pitching it was female, too. She was rather frustrated at this.

I'd need to find where I first heard of this, 'cause I don't remember the show's name. It should be still on Twitter, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    well, John is the second youngest out of the four corpsmen so he's not really that young. I think John Boyega suits the role, he has the charisma, heart, and emotional range to play John. plus, I rather they cast him closer to Robert Patterson Batman's age so they can use that character for a long time.
    I'm honestly not sure what the relative ages and age differences between Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Simon, and Jessica are. Jo, too, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    WHile ignoring that huge market for black male heroes let alone male heroes of color overall.
    That is what the MCU is for lol

Well, that is what Black Panther is for. Or was. Who the hell knows now.

Whatever else you can say about her, the films made money. Even Rise of Skywalker.
    Made money, sure. But you could just have Han and Luke doing the salsa for 2 hours and TFA would have made money lol

Match EXPECTED money made? Not even close. The ending trilogy made HALF of TFA. The ending move made less than the second one. Solo bombed hardcore and was a cluster from the beginning production wise. Rogue 1 was a cluster production wise but pulled it together.

RoS barely made more money than Rogue 1 for godsake.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Finn after TFA is still a lead character who only really needs one victory against a good opponent in his next film; he’s either imminently salvageable, or close enough to it most people wouldn’t notice the problem of he was written with any respect for his role in the next film.

Instead, he’s in a condescending, somewhat ignorant, and unambitious skippable cutscene written by someone who doesn’t appear to have paid attention to inconvenient parts of TFA that *do* show where Boyega was the closest thing the young cast had to an MVP and had progressed much further in his character arc than the Saturday Morning Cartoon about a black guy written by a sheltered white guy that he got.

TROS had to pick up the pieces for *everything* after TLJ. And Finn was the most screwed over... though I’m curious about the part where Boyega kind of defended Abrams a bit, as to whether or not that would imply that maybe LFL or Disney was playing a bigger role in lessening him in TROS.
    TLJ sucked lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

I think it's because JJ pushed really hard to get John Boyega in the Sequel Trilogy to start with.