Page 382 of 827 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 12396

In my fantasy world, Finn and Rey are both force sensitive (you don't have to change the first movie at all), they both go to Luke for guidance in TLJ.

Luke doesn't want to train them (he can still be a hermit). Only kinda does, Rey does her Rey thing with Kylo (rey is obviously gifted in the force), eventually leaves to confront or "save" kylo in the middle of the night. Leaving Finn.

Exact same throne room thing happens. Except at the end... Rey stays and is turned to the Dark Side with Kylo.

Luke realizes he F'd up (again)... Finn is dismayed losing Rey or whatever... Luke decides he needs to train Finn in order for the resistance to have a chance.

Movie 3.... Kylo + Rey vs Luke + Finn

I mean, damn... Finn would have been a PERFECT Jedi. Dude didn' twant to slaughter people as a stormtrooper. He already has the "anti violence" monk thing going for him.

Fun times for all!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I won’t defend TFA’s problems....

But The Last Jedi fucked up a lot more.

TROS had to pick up the pieces for *everything* after TLJ. And Finn was the most screwed over... though I’m curious about the part where Boyega kind of defended Abrams a bit, as to whether or not that would imply that maybe LFL or Disney was playing a bigger role in lessening him in TROS.
    When Abrams was hired-John was the FIRST person he wanted in the film. I think John had to go through more audtions than anyone before he was hired.

Also look at merchadise.

In terms of comics-Finn got 3 solo stories. Maybe 7 variant covers.

He was left out of the Rise of Skywalker Black Line figures.

We still know NOTHING about Finn.

Now look at what Rey & Poe let alone Kylo and even Plasma got.

Made money, sure. But you could just have Han and Luke doing the salsa for 2 hours and TFA would have made money lol

Match EXPECTED money made? Not even close. The ending trilogy made HALF of TFA. The ending move made less than the second one. Solo bombed hardcore and was a cluster from the beginning production wise. Rogue 1 was a cluster production wise but pulled it together.

RoS barely made more money than Rogue 1 for godsake.
    The toxic fanboy behavior had taken over and using that as a rally call as proof this is what happens when white males are not leads in Star Wars.

They used John to sell that first movie and endure the toxic fanboy-who called the film an attack on white males (white genocide).
    We could have seen theaters get shot up in protest. Because there were calls for it on Twitter.

And who knows how much of that played into this as well. Did Disney pander to it? Like Marvel did to X-Men fans? Anti-diversity crew?

And Disney focusing on female leads-that does explain why females of color got books after Axel was let go. Excluding Miles & Panther-what male of color has gotten an ongoing, mini or one shot?

Im proud of John & glad he continuously speaking out in regards to Disney/Star Wars white fragility/supremacy bs & white fragility/supremacy bs in general.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    ?

And Disney focusing on female leads-that does explain why females of color got books after Axel was let go. Excluding Miles & Panther-what male of color has gotten an ongoing, mini or one shot?
    Captain Falc-Merica, I believe. In fact, a live action adaptation in the MCU starring Anthony Mackie is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    In my fantasy world, Finn and Rey are both force sensitive (you don't have to change the first movie at all), they both go to Luke for guidance in TLJ.

Luke doesn't want to train them (he can still be a hermit). Only kinda does, Rey does her Rey thing with Kylo (rey is obviously gifted in the force), eventually leaves to confront or "save" kylo in the middle of the night. Leaving Finn.

Exact same throne room thing happens. Except at the end... Rey stays and is turned to the Dark Side with Kylo.

Luke realizes he F'd up (again)... Finn is dismayed losing Rey or whatever... Luke decides he needs to train Finn in order for the resistance to have a chance.

Movie 3.... Kylo + Rey vs Luke + Finn

I mean, damn... Finn would have been a PERFECT Jedi. Dude didn' twant to slaughter people as a stormtrooper. He already has the "anti violence" monk thing going for him.

Fun times for all!
    Not bad. Sounds like there's an underlying thing between Finn and Rey that comes to a head with them choosing different sides.

Would you keep Rey's parentage the same? I'm not saying she should be Luke's daughter/granddaughter, but I don't like the idea of Luke being a crazed childless hermit either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm honestly not sure what the relative ages and age differences between Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Simon, and Jessica are. Jo, too, for that matter.
    Initially with Green Lantern lore, Hal & Guy were the prime two candidates to replace Abin Sur. Hal was chosen for been closer to the dying Abin. John was not selected due to being underage. If Hal & Guy are relatively the same age as Bruce Wayne, then John must be a bit older than Dick Grayson.

John is supposed to be a young man. I believe John was aged up.

Kyle is about the same age as Dick Grayson, and Wally West, I believe.

Dwayne Johnson and his family have Covid-19.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/dwa...con-1844939972

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Not bad. Sounds like there's an underlying thing between Finn and Rey that comes to a head with them choosing different sides.

Would you keep Rey's parentage the same? I'm not saying she should be Luke's daughter/granddaughter, but I don't like the idea of Luke being a crazed childless hermit either.
    Rey being a palpatine is just stupid
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They should made her his daughter or granddaughter with Mara Jade as mother/grandmother

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Rey being a palpatine is just stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    They should made her his daughter or granddaughter with Mara Jade as mother/grandmother
    Might as well. They borrowed other popular things from the EU, why not Luke's wife. I'm horrible at fan casting so I can't imagine who could play her, but that could have worked.

If they were going to go the legacy route anyway in the end, it didn't have to be for freakin' Palpatine.

Might as well. They borrowed other popular things from the EU, why not Luke's wife. I'm horrible at fan casting so I can't imagine who could play her, but that could have worked.

If they were going to go the legacy route anyway in the end, it didn't have to be for freakin' Palpatine.
    Milla Jovovich Or Christina Hendricks or Amy Adams or Sienna Guillory
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 09-03-2020 at 01:12 PM.

A lot of people thought that she was Obi-Wan's granddaughter. From a story standpoint it would have made sense. Luke training the granddaughter of the man who trained him would have helped bring things full circle. TROS was all the cutscenes of a video game stitched together into a movie.

Extraordinary Member

I tend to think that the almost “inevitable” attitude some people had towards Finn being demoted in favor of Kylo and Reylo being embraced by LFL after TLJ came out, while they almost seemed to run away from even the bare possibility of Rey and Finn (like how a Trevorrow was making Poe the love interest) was the natural consequence of systemic racism mixing with some possible sexism that made Rey not a Skywalker:

- Rey not being related to Kylo meant there would be no incest taboo on a romance there, and people who have a bias, even a subconscious one, against white girls with black guys would immediately think Kylo would make a more “natural” romance option for her.

- And Rey not being a Skywalker really just meant that Kylo was being treated as the Skywalker, at which point he experienced all the privileges of that favoritism and supplanted Finn.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Initially with Green Lantern lore, Hal & Guy were the prime two candidates to replace Abin Sur. Hal was chosen for been closer to the dying Abin. John was not selected due to being underage. If Hal & Guy are relatively the same age as Bruce Wayne, then John must be a bit older than Dick Grayson.

John is supposed to be a young man. I believe John was aged up.

Kyle is about the same age as Dick Grayson, and Wally West, I believe.
    Yeah, even hearing this, I can't really picture John Stewart not being contemporary in age with Hal and Guy.