Page 384 of 828 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 12411
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In my opinion, it should not be the company's job to tell fans to behave themselves. Then again, in an ideal world fans wouldn't act like this.
    They should, since not doing so normalising that behaviour. You'd think companies would at least have the self awareness to protect their own staff form this. What happens if they get doxxed or physically assaulted by crazy fans? Congrats on the companies for not doing anything to protect their investment or any other fans who are minded their own business. This isn't an ideal world so companies need to react like they're in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They should, since not doing so normalising that behaviour. You'd think companies would at least have the self awareness to protect their own staff form this. What happens if they get doxxed or physically assaulted by crazy fans? Congrats on the companies for not doing anything to protect their investment or any other fans who are minded their own business. This isn't an ideal world so companies need to react like they're in it.
    Frankly, this comes across as putting too much focus on the company and ignoring that these fans are adults with their own minds.

Fans have been normalising toxic behavior for a long time. You think what happened with John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran was new for the STar Wars fandom? That behavior had been allowed to fester for decades and even then it wasn't until what happened to Tran (not the racist backlash Boyega received) that people really started taking toxic fandoms seriously.

If crazy fans get doxxed or physically assaulted, that's a problem that should be dealt with by legal authorities. Anyone who would do that to anyone else will not be swayed by what a company says or doesn't say.

Astonishing Member

Frankly, this comes across as putting too much focus on the company and ignoring that these fans are adults with their own minds.
    The company are a big part of this, they don't get to reap the rewards while the workers, especially those from marginalised groups, get a target on their backs. Or the innocent fans caught in the crossfire.

Fans have been normalising toxic behavior for a long time. You think what happened with John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran was new for the STar Wars fandom? That behavior had been allowed to fester for decades and even then it wasn't until what happened to Tran (not the racist backlash Boyega received) that people really started taking toxic fandoms seriously.
    True, and that festered while the companies did nothing which made it easier for the current fandoms to flourish. No, I don't but the fact it ins't new shouldn't mean it should tolerated as business as usual. Instead of protecting those people they sided with those fans, so they got attacked on two fronts. Because companies have never taken toxic fandoms seriously, they still left hem influence their decisions. This is really and since Disney prides itself on being progressive, throwing Tran and Boyega to the wolves makes all that a shallow gesture. Tran got racist backlash, along with the misogyny.

If crazy fans get doxxed or physically assaulted, that's a problem that should be dealt with by legal authorities. Anyone who would do that to anyone else will not be swayed by what a company says or doesn't say.
    The doxxing and assaults were being done by the crazy fans, not to them. The best thing to shut that down is by companies standing up to them, they lose nothing by doing that. Making it harder for the trolls not only makes their talent and other fans feel safer, it normalises a safer environment for everyone. They can also pay for security and other necessary precautions rather than letting the talent take a financial hit if they feel unsafe.

Ultimate Member

The company are a big part of this, they don't get to reap the rewards while the workers, especially those from marginalised groups, get a target on their backs. Or the innocent fans caught in the crossfire.

True, and that festered while the companies did nothing which made it easier for the current fandoms to flourish. No, I don't but the fact it ins't new shouldn't mean it should tolerated as business as usual. Instead of protecting those people they sided with those fans, so they got attacked on two fronts. Because companies have never taken toxic fandoms seriously, they still left hem influence their decisions. This is really and since Disney prides itself on being progressive, throwing Tran and Boyega to the wolves makes all that a shallow gesture. Tran got racist backlash, along with the misogyny.

The doxxing and assaults were being done by the crazy fans, not to them. The best thing to shut that down is by companies standing up to them, they lose nothing by doing that. Making it harder for the trolls not only makes their talent and other fans feel safer, it normalises a safer environment for everyone. They can also pay for security and other necessary precautions rather than letting the talent take a financial hit if they feel unsafe.
    Quoted for truth.

If Disney comes out publicly against online harassment on sites like YouTube or Twitter, those companies themselves will be forced to police themselves better. The silence is what helped these toxic groups to flourish and its only just recently that the social media platforms have started cracking down on these guys (although gamergate and comicsgate are still very much alive on YouTube). Lucasfilm's silence in the face of the harassment that Boyega and Tran received was deafening.

As you rightly pointed out, the toxicity these days isn't just about unruly fans, it could get much ,much worse as we've seen with comicsgate and gamergate.

These companies keeping totally silent is simply enforcing the belief that they are "commodifying" minorities. They're only concerned with selling the concept of diversity but aren't really standing for it.

I meant to say if crazy fans attacked or doxxed actors. That was a typing error. My mistake.

These are fair points.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-05-2020 at 06:30 AM.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...8136#gs.fc8lsp

WB fighting back against Fisher... this is getting spicy
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Cuties Director Received Death Threats After Netflix Poster Backlash

https://www.themarysue.com/cuties-di...ster-backlash/
    The thing about that is depending on who you are-the folks making the film are not the same ones doing the marketing and posters.

The writer of Whose Your Caddy had to deal with it because the trailers showed a movie that was not the movie he wrote or filmed. Even the few folks who saw it said the same thing.

In my opinion, it should not be the company's job to tell fans to behave themselves. Then again, in an ideal world fans wouldn't act like this.

Now all the sudden these so-called fans got even more toxic. Especially the comic book ones as super hero films and shows got popular.

Disney didn't care about Rose dolls being trashed by the face of comicsgate because he had to buy them. They still got money for those toys.

Some of these trolls avoided targeting the big guns. See Ghostbusters-Leslie Jones targeted. Not her more VOCAL cast member Melissa McCarthy-who had a tv show at the time. She was left alone.

It's only guys like Mark Waid (outside a lot of minority creators) that engaged comicsgate (but the less said about the fallout the better because its gotten very, very ugly).
    Tess Fowler is fighting cancer-they celebrated it.
    DC layoff-they celebrated.
    Wonder Woman variant cover-a bunch of them have drawn "correct versions".
    Kwanza Osajyefo and his wife got doxxed by the gators. One of them (a black one built like the Rock) threaten him. Because they didn't like the premise of his book about black folks having powers since slavery and did nothing about racism (doesn't that sound like a certain Milestone book?). Twitter banned him for good.

Part of the reason these companies were silent was because they EXPECT those complainers to STILL buy the products like so many have in the past.
    The leader of the gators still bought the books to bash them online. We still saw gators destroy books that they bought. Folks still got paid.

For all the crying over a book or movie-those folks could STILL tell you something about them. Now they can't. So many make up crap for the weak minded to eat up. Because the weak minded don't do research or question it.

NOTHING is preventing gator books from being in comic book stores. Any store that wants them can get them. Only the price to get those issues is the difference.
    I have seen kickstarters with retailer incentive deals. Ones I have supported have deals of 6 trades for $30.

How many of us have been to comic book stores and looked in the bins? Who is in those bins in LARGE numbers?? Not the SJW books like Moon Girl. I have seen Batman books break tables because there were so many unsold. X-Men books broke a shelf.

Kwanza's last book and Savage Dragon had 500 copies. We have 2000 comic book stores. How is his book closing down stores? That is not enough copies for every store. Heck my store ordered 5 of each.

Folks making lies is what is causing a lot of this.

And we haven't touched folks wanting to shoot up theaters over a movie.

If crazy fans attacked or doxxed actors, that's a problem that should be dealt with by legal authorities.
    Legally they can only do so much. Something physically has to happen for them to do something. Cops can't do anything but document everything.

I'll give you a real example Tommy Sotomayor on Youtube (ignore his politics for a moment for those who know him).
    This is what he has dealt with over the last 7 years.
    Death threats-MANY are posted on youtube for everybody to see.
    Folks tried to take away his children with CPS reports from all over the country.
    Threats to his children, mother, girlfriends and even guests on his show including Vanessa Bell Calloway who got attacked.
    Review bombs of his movie on IMDB

He bucked up to them.When he goes on tours he tells them where and when he will be there. Because many of them said they would kill him if he showed up in their city.
    Guess what NOBODY has touched him.

Anyone play the Avengers game (campaign mode)?

What bout the Ghost of Tsldjflkajslkfjaslkfdjds game? hows that?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The thing about that is depending on who you are-the folks making the film are not the same ones doing the marketing and posters.

The writer of Whose Your Caddy had to deal with it because the trailers showed a movie that was not the movie he wrote or filmed. Even the few folks who saw it said the same thing.

Now all the sudden these so-called fans got even more toxic. Especially the comic book ones as super hero films and shows got popular.

Disney didn't care about Rose dolls being trashed by the face of comicsgate because he had to buy them. They still got money for those toys.

Some of these trolls avoided targeting the big guns. See Ghostbusters-Leslie Jones targeted. Not her more VOCAL cast member Melissa McCarthy-who had a tv show at the time. She was left alone.

Tess Fowler is fighting cancer-they celebrated it.
    DC layoff-they celebrated.
    Wonder Woman variant cover-a bunch of them have drawn "correct versions".
    Kwanza Osajyefo and his wife got doxxed by the gators. One of them (a black one built like the Rock) threaten him. Because they didn't like the premise of his book about black folks having powers since slavery and did nothing about racism (doesn't that sound like a certain Milestone book?). Twitter banned him for good.

Part of the reason these companies were silent was because they EXPECT those complainers to STILL buy the products like so many have in the past.
    The leader of the gators still bought the books to bash them online. We still saw gators destroy books that they bought. Folks still got paid.

For all the crying over a book or movie-those folks could STILL tell you something about them. Now they can't. So many make up crap for the weak minded to eat up. Because the weak minded don't do research or question it.

NOTHING is preventing gator books from being in comic book stores. Any store that wants them can get them. Only the price to get those issues is the difference.
    I have seen kickstarters with retailer incentive deals. Ones I have supported have deals of 6 trades for $30.

How many of us have been to comic book stores and looked in the bins? Who is in those bins in LARGE numbers?? Not the SJW books like Moon Girl. I have seen Batman books break tables because there were so many unsold. X-Men books broke a shelf.

Kwanza's last book and Savage Dragon had 500 copies. We have 2000 comic book stores. How is his book closing down stores? That is not enough copies for every store. Heck my store ordered 5 of each.

Folks making lies is what is causing a lot of this.

And we haven't touched folks wanting to shoot up theaters over a movie.

Legally they can only do so much. Something physically has to happen for them to do something. Cops can't do anything but document everything.

I'll give you a real example Tommy Sotomayor on Youtube (ignore his politics for a moment for those who know him).
    This is what he has dealt with over the last 7 years.
    Death threats-MANY are posted on youtube for everybody to see.
    Folks tried to take away his children with CPS reports from all over the country.
    Threats to his children, mother, girlfriends and even guests on his show including Vanessa Bell Calloway who got attacked.
    Review bombs of his movie on IMDB

He bucked up to them.When he goes on tours he tells them where and when he will be there. Because many of them said they would kill him if he showed up in their city.
    Guess what NOBODY has touched him.
    Didn’t know that about who’s your caddy anymore info on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Anyone play the Avengers game (campaign mode)?

What bout the Ghost of Tsldjflkajslkfjaslkfdjds game? hows that?
    Playing Avengers now. So the campaign is decent, just got the Fabrication machine working on the Chimera, but I've read that it is surprisingly short. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet because I'm really not enthused about a Destiny/Anthem type game. For now while I do enjoy the game it's below PS4 Spider-Man and MUA 3 to me. The leaked DLC characters do seem like fun though.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Playing Avengers now. So the campaign is decent, just got the Fabrication machine working on the Chimera, but I've read that it is surprisingly short. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet because I'm really not enthused about a Destiny/Anthem type game. For now while I do enjoy the game it's below PS4 Spider-Man and MUA 3 to me. The leaked DLC characters do seem like fun though.
    Yeah I don't play multiplayer, I only care about campaign stuff. That was my fear with it.

So when John Boyega did that article, Michael Rapaport tweeted he should be grateful. Boyega said did you read the artickle, Rapaport dug his heels in and pulled a "all lives matter" retort. Boyega ended with a smiley face and "no but thank you." Then the rest of twitter roasted Rapaport alive.

wtf with this dude? Come to find out Rapaport compared a black woman to a gorilla back in 2018 (Kenya Moore) on instagram. Why wasn't he "cancelled" like Roseanne was?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So when John Boyega did that article, Michael Rapaport tweeted he should be grateful. Boyega said did you read the artickle, Rapaport dug his heels in and pulled a "all lives matter" retort. Boyega ended with a smiley face and "no but thank you." Then the rest of twitter roasted Rapaport alive.

wtf with this dude? Come to find out Rapaport compared a black woman to a gorilla back in 2018 (Kenya Moore) on instagram. Why wasn't he "cancelled" like Roseanne was?
    Activates constipation powered autotune and responds with: MR can't be racist, he married to a black woman!

Now that I got that off my chest, I need to find a strong laxative.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...8136#gs.fc8lsp

WB fighting back against Fisher... this is getting spicy

https://www.cbr.com/justice-leagues-...-wb-statement/

Very true lol

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Because Roseanne had an actual job that she could literally be cancelled from. What's Michael done lately?