Page 388 of 826 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 12380
    Invincible Member

The guys here didn't make a big deal of it, but it's known that Gulacy based Sabre's look on Jimi Hendrix

So, was Mulan any good?

It's been the only remake that I really had interest in because it wasn't a remake but a different type of martial arts type movie instead

I can't tell if it is ok or not because everyone is focusing on their fake outrage over China which they only selectively care about lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, was Mulan any good?

It's been the only remake that I really had interest in because it wasn't a remake but a different type of martial arts type movie instead

I can't tell if it is ok or not because everyone is focusing on their fake outrage over China which they only selectively care about lol

The martial arts was underwhelming. Gong Li and Donnie Yen did well but there was so much unnecessary editing.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    The martial arts was underwhelming. Gong Li and Donnie Yen did well but there was so much unnecessary editing.
    Ugh

so typical american movie that tries to copy the style but misses the point?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And now Ted Cruz is calling for DOJ investigation into Netflix over Cuties.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sentedcru...477472768?s=21

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And now Ted Cruz is calling for DOJ investigation into Netflix over Cuties.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sentedcru...477472768?s=21
    These guys are idiots.

How many of them wrote to the DOJ about "Toddlers and Tiaras" or what was the name of the garbage show.

The movie might look tacky but this is a gross and mischievous overreaction by conservatives. Seriously though, whats this thing about conservatives crying about entertainment recently. There was a lot of that in the past but they've shut up recently (ironically, the christian right was the originator of "cancel culture").

I mean, the recent crying about "WAP" is just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    This. The Double Toasted guys did video on it, it was a pretty salacious thumbnail from what I saw. I read the director was getting a bunch of hate on-line as I guess she wasn't aware of how it was angled. Oddly enough I hasn't even come across my feed at all.
    I watched that too. I trust the DT guys opinions, so it seems like the uproar is mostly due to some morons in the marketing department. According to DT the movie marketing is actually antithesis to the point of the movie.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    These guys are idiots.

How many of them wrote to the DOJ about "Toddlers and Tiaras" or what was the name of the garbage show.

The movie might look tacky but this is a gross and mischievous overreaction by conservatives. Seriously though, whats this thing about conservatives crying about entertainment recently. There was a lot of that in the past but they've shut up recently (ironically, the christian right was the originator of "cancel culture").

What is the racial makeup of those shows? Lets toss in Dance Moms, Teen Mom and anymore you can think of.

What is the DOJ doing to do about a film from OVERSEAS?

I read the summary of the movie-that is Lifetime movie plot. A plot we have seen with way too WHITE girls (minus social media).

Also where is the rage for Lifetime's BRING IT? Who dance teacher did ADULT ENTERTAINMENT.

And I can did around in Netflix and find movies that would say hold my beer compared to Cuties. Heck I saw one and I think that girl was 15 or 16. Naked Director-I have no idea how old that girl was. I know some of the stuff in that SHOULD have gotten complaints.

Invincible Member

These guys are idiots.

What's interesting about that is it was started when Ben Shaprio went viral. Now Ben has made no secret that he doesn't like rap music and he will actually play up his nerdy image sometimes and did so in his video. And he was trying to be cheeky about it. What's funny is that other conservatives disingenuously tried to jump on the bandwagon. They were trying to do this "what about the children" and "where are the feminists" nonsense straight when it obvious most of them don't really care.

Invincible Member

Ultimate Member

I am watching Cuties now.

They are NOT doing anything I have NOT seen 11 year olds have done here.

I did find one thing that SHOULD have been a red flag-no adult had an issue with the girls outfits.
    Especially at school. 17 year olds couldn't get away with those outfits.

Aside from some cringe worthy stuff it wasn't as bad as some claim it is.

I would say this without spoiling the movie-what social media says doesn't reflect real life reactions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What's interesting about that is it was started when Ben Shaprio went viral. Now Ben has made no secret that he doesn't like rap music and he will actually play up his nerdy image sometimes and did so in his video. And he was trying to be cheeky about it. What's funny is that other conservatives disingenuously tried to jump on the bandwagon. They were trying to do this "what about the children" and "where are the feminists" nonsense straight when it obvious most of them don't really care.
    They don't.

And seeing that this is a film from another country-what they allow is way different from what we allow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

The cast for the new season of Power Rangers is shaping up to be the most diverse season ever! I think Turbo/In Space currently holds the title as most diverse season (Asian Pink, Latino Yellow, Latino Green/Black, Black Red/Blue). The rumored cast for Dino Fury includes a Blasian actor (rumored for Red), two Latinos (rumored for Green and Black), an Asian (rumored for Blue) a White girl (rumored for Pink) and a Black Guy (rumored for Gold).

PS: The rumored Green Ranger is drop dead gorgeous!
    Nice looking cast.

Just wish they weren't doing Dinosaur Sentai again.

They skipped over about 3 seasons of Sentai so they could do Dinos again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

The cast for the new season of Power Rangers is shaping up to be the most diverse season ever! I think Turbo/In Space currently holds the title as most diverse season (Asian Pink, Latino Yellow, Latino Green/Black, Black Red/Blue). The rumored cast for Dino Fury includes a Blasian actor (rumored for Red), two Latinos (rumored for Green and Black), an Asian (rumored for Blue) a White girl (rumored for Pink) and a Black Guy (rumored for Gold).

PS: The rumored Green Ranger is drop dead gorgeous!
    Nice! Just out if the gate, but so far, Dino Fury seems to be shaping up really well.

It is just Slob on my Knob or Tip Drill of the social media era