Page 389 of 827 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 12396
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is just Slob on my Knob or Tip Drill of the social media era
    Main difference is this time the pushback seems to be coming from media people Black or White. I'm not sure any ordinary folks care at all about that video.

As I remember it. Tip Drill legit incensed a lot of sisters who didn't have show biz platforms. They are/were mainly on forums tho.

Some of that crowd are probably still mad at Nelly, too.

I remember years later, if Nelly's name got brought up in ANY context on a forum that had sisters on it, it would always bring out an attacker who was always like "eff that guy, he made Tip Drill".
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 09-13-2020 at 06:45 AM.

I know racism is bad now But man I cant believe how it was years ago in the media. Aside from the 40s comics I have spoken of in the past there was a great deal on tv. My dad is watching old tv ads on Yourtube. There is a Jello ad from the 60s. it has a little Asian baby, (With slant eyes and oversized buck tooth.) He is trying to eat Jello but he is using chopsticks and getting very upset it is not working out. The announcer is an overdone Chinese voice say
    "Oh Little Chinese baby so sad. he cant eat Jello."
    How the Hell was this a thing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I know racism is bad now But man I cant believe how it was years ago in the media. Aside from the 40s comics I have spoken of in the past there was a great deal on tv. My dad is watching old tv ads on Yourtube. There is a Jello ad from the 60s. it has a little Asian baby, (With slant eyes and oversized buck tooth.) He is trying to eat Jello but he is using chopsticks and getting very upset it is not working out. The announcer is an overdone Chinese voice say
    "Oh Little Chinese baby so sad. he cant eat Jello."
    How the Hell was this a thing.
    LOLOLOL...it's stuff like that's entrenched racist stereotypes in society.

The guys that made adverts like that knew exactly what they were doing. Media has an extremely powerful effect on shaping public perception.

So in Milestone Returns #0 spoilers:
    Virgil's gains his powers after being exposed to the gas during a BLM protest not a gang fight
    end of spoilers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nice looking cast.

Just wish they weren't doing Dinosaur Sentai again.

They skipped over about 3 seasons of Sentai so they could do Dinos again.

I am shocked they skipped over the train rangers. With the way this country loves trains.

One has cop and robber theme-so I sort of understand skipping that one for now.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I am shocked they skipped over the train rangers. With the way this country loves trains.

I believe they skipped over the train season, an animal theme season, a space season and a cops/robbers season to do another dinosaur season (this time they’re Knights though). Seems like they love their dinosaur and ninja seasons.

Seems like they’re going back to gender bending again, with Green this time. I’m cool with it because I think there should be more than one female on the team.

I thought trains were a bigger deal in Japan than the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, that's why people were expecting they'd skip ToQger.

How many times have they done dinosaurs anyway? This has got to be the fourth or fifth?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thomas the Tank Engine would disagree

Interesting they are using a series that just finished in Japan after not doing that for awhile.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw toys at Christmas (well masked ones anyway).

This is the 4th time they have used dinos.

And one of those dinos looks like Megtron from Beast Wars.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 09-13-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    How many times have they done dinosaurs anyway? This has got to be the fourth or fifth?
    The forth time. Mighty Morphin, Dino Thunder, Dino Charge and now Dino Fury

Astonishing Member

Everyone loves dinosaurs.

Fourth. Might Morphin was the first time, followed by Dino Thunder and the Dino Charge.

The irony of the dino nostalgia is that the original show didn't really play up the dinosaur motif compared to later dinosaur seasons. I just hope Dino Fury isn't just another MMPR rehash. DT and DC were at least able to make the characters distinct.

Thomas the Tank Engine would disagree

Interesting they are using a series that just finished in Japan after not doing that for awhile.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw toys at Christmas (well masked ones anyway).

This is the 4th time they have used dinos.

And one of those dinos looks like Megtron from Beast Wars.
    I was thinking of importance to infrastructure and transport. I recall there was an episode of Megaforce that revolved around trains and got slammed because it was a poor adaptation of a Goseiger episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Main difference is this time the pushback seems to be coming from media people Black or White. I'm not sure any ordinary folks care at all about that video.
    ordinary folks are making tik tok videos out of it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html