Page 403 of 828 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 12408
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This aint the time to use the term "mass riots." It's 2020 man, be better.

And yes... if they made some fictional "Orisha" movie where the main hero is black, the main villain sometimes hero is black, the father figure all powerful god is black, the queen is black, all 4 of the main heroes best friend is black with a token asian, every single soldier and guard and citizen is black, the off world love interest and all her supporting cast is black....

Yeah, go ahead and cast one random white god who gets 5 minutes of screen time and is a big actor. Hell, call him the blackest of all gods as a joke. He can wear black armor! Nobody will give a ****.

This whole thing where "people" are pissed about one race swap in a sea of white is a pure white people invention (actually, a pure certain demographic of comic white fans invention) where they pretend it is a bigger deal than it is. The "global black community" is used to being screwed over by whitewashing. The Heimdell being black was such an afront to "white people" the movie would have bombed. It didn't because no one cared outside this loud 1% population on the internet.

It is almost like the MCU is making up stuff about aliens that is a loose adaptation of the comics that is a loose adaptation of MYTHS
    And yet those mass riots will still happen... Take simple fiction characters like John Stewart, Vixen and Miles Morales who have zero relevance or impact compared to the magnitude of traditional historical cultural and archeological mythological figures which created religion, way of life, culture, worship, spirituality and governance for various societies across the real world for millenia...so why not be respectful in doing authentic depictions of them?

Which literary characters of fiction has had the level of impact to the real world? From superman to Sherlock holm none of them are even remotely close within light-years.

And yet....if a white or Asian or Maori or Native American actor played John Stewart, Vixen or Miles for what u say is "5 mins" in ANYTHING...blacks will riot. Yet these same people will support black washing white characters.

Y?..... Contradictory hypocrisy galore indeed

And these are mere literary fiction characters that have no real world impact other than simple entertainment but y'all will go crazy over a race swap. Lol!

See the race swap whitewash complaints about New Mutants movie by the same blacks who support black washing.

Raceswap and Gender swapping in any way or form is wrong unless the character or mythological figure is literally amorphous shapeshifter and/or illusionist and it's stated and shown CLEARLY in the plot and story.

And this is going too far....with black King Arthur and what not while black characters are also being whitewashed.

There is actually an Arthurian knight of the round table named MORIEN of "Moorish" descent who was said to have black skin from head to toe except for his eyes and teeth (literal descriptions for Morien the same way Heimdall also had literal descriptions of his appearance) Moors is a term used towards Arabs and blacks during that time......blacks were enslaved and used by Arabs for almost 1,200 years in the Trans-saharan slave tradeans across East Africa.So why not use this guy then?

Morien has never gotten any focus in media....y turn King Arthur black when a literal African descent black knight in right there being ignored? An original non-racebent character!!!!

Haha.....its only a matter of time before we have bleach pale full blonde blue eyes white Zulus in a Shaka Zulu movie. Knowing us blacks...even blacks will resurrect from the grave and revolt against it. ROFL!!!......all it will take is a random white man in Zulu dressing to walk-by in the background with no dialogue, no reason and no explanation given for a total of 2 min appearance in a 2hr Shaka Zulu movie. Lol?!!!

Two wrongs don't make it right.

As blacks we can't be championing equality while also being racially biased and disrespectful to the culture and mythology of others.

Just because we blacks (and other minorities) are victims of whitewashing antics does NOT mean is Ok to do the same thing *especially* regarding exalted cultural and traditional figures.

I have said my piece and will leave it at that!

Peace!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    It should be obvious by now that Besouro is a troll. It's probably best to stop wasting time responding.
    You are accusing me of being a troll simply because I have a different opinion from yours?

I am sorry Mr dictator, I now down to you sir.....what u say is law because I am not allowed to have independent objective thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    So, if in the movie the space Vikings said that they found Hemidall as a baby and raised him as one of their own or if he had a black mother you would have been fine with that?
    In Norse mythology Hemidall is said to be the son of Odin and have 9 mothers, probably something to do with the 9 worlds, and to have gold teeth. Being birthed from the 9 worlds he may not look like the other Aesir, and being the "whitest" may not have to do with his skin color but in his statue of being good or at least what the Norse gods considered "good" as he is a granter of wisdom and created social order. The actual race of a "god" is a god. Hemidall had to disguise himself as a human named Ríg to hang out with humans because he didn't look like them. Idris Elba playing him is a non-issue even if they were not space vikings.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    And yet those mass riots will still happen... Take simple fiction characters like John Stewart, Vixen and Miles Morales who have zero relevance or impact compared to the magnitude of traditional historical cultural and archeological mythological figures which created religion, way of life, culture, worship, spirituality and governance for various societies across the real world for millenia...so why not be respectful in doing authentic depictions of them?

Which literary characters of fiction has had the level of impact to the real world? From superman to Sherlock holm none of them are even remotely close within light-years.

And yet....if a white or Asian or Maori or Native American actor played John Stewart, Vixen or Miles for what u say is "5 mins" in ANYTHING...blacks will riot. Yet these same people will support black washing white characters.

And these are mere literary fiction characters that have no real world impact other than simple entertainment but y'all will go crazy over a race swap. Lol!

See the race swap whitewash complaints about New Mutants movie by the same blacks who support black washing.

Raceswap and Gender swapping in any way or form is wrong unless the character or mythological figure is literally amorphous shapeshifter and/or illusionist and it's stated and shown CLEARLY in the plot and story.

And this is going too far....with black King Arthur and what not while black characters are also being whitewashed.

There is actually an Arthurian knight of the round table named MORIEN of "Moorish" descent who was said to have black skin from head to toe except for his eyes and teeth (literal descriptions for Morien the same way Heimdall also had literal descriptions of his appearance) Moors is a term used towards Arabs and blacks during that time......blacks were enslaved and used by Arabs for almost 1,200 years in the Trans-saharan slave tradeans across East Africa.So why not use this guy then?

Morien has never gotten any focus in media....y turn King Arthur black when a literal African descent black knight in right there being ignored? An original non-racebent character!!!!

Haha.....its only a matter of time before we have bleach pale full blonde blue eyes white Zulus in a Shaka Zulu movie. Knowing us blacks...even blacks will resurrect from the grave and revolt against it. ROFL!!!......all it will take is a random white man in Zulu dressing to walk-by in the background with no dialogue, no reason and no explanation given for a total of 2 min appearance in a 2hr Shaka Zulu movie. Lol?!!!

As blacks we can't be championing equality while also being racially biased and disrespectful to the culture and mythology of others.

Just because we blacks (and other minorities) are victims of whitewashing antics does NOT mean is Ok to do the same thing *especially* regarding exalted cultural and traditional figures.

Peace!

Who makes these casting decisions in the first place? Last I checked they were mainly whites. Since you're so steamed about this nerd injustice why don't you and fans like you ever complain to them?

Every time a Black character shows up there's some BS excuse as to why they shouldn't be there. Thor in Norse myth is described as a red-haired hairy man with a big beard and yet in Marvel he's blonde haired and blue-eyed but I notice the same ones who cried about Heimdall never brought that up. Wonder why...

P.S take the mask off you're really bad at pretending to be Black.

You know what? Last line was wrong on my part. For that I am sorry. Have run into posters on other forums who said stuff like blacks and once you checked their post history it became quite obvious that they were hiding behind a mask. But in this case haven't seen anything suspicious.

I still don't agree with Besouro because overwhelmingly the norm is to replace characters (or real people) who were previously Black or Asian (most common examples I've seen) with white ones. I'm not a fan of racebending though when there are legacy characters or original ones that can be used instead. But in the case of Heimdall the only people I remember complaining about it did not practice neopagan religions like Astaru and never bothered to watch that Thor movie.
    Last edited by Crazy Diamond; 10-01-2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Slept it over and read the post again

You are accusing me of being a troll simply because I have a different opinion from yours?

I am sorry Mr dictator, I now down to you sir.....what u say is law because I am not allowed to have independent objective thought.
    You're not a troll because you have a different opinion. You're a troll because you go on and on and on about it.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=Overhazard;5167153]

Well, firstly. The ads for the force awakens were a bait and switch of massive proportions. Finn was the first person seen in the trailer. He was the one you saw brandishing a lightsaber towards Kylo Ren. So many of us were excited to see our boy on screen, being the supercool swashbuckling Errol Flynn in space we all knew he could be....and were massively disappointed. Finn was an incompetent, sniveling coward who got his rear end handed to him by a no-name stormtrooper, Rey, and Kylo Ren.

In the last jedi, he goes through the same character arc he did in the first movie, the exact. same. arc. He starts the movie as a coward who wants to run away, but the actions of his friends, particularly the girl he meets towards the start of his journey inspires him to be brave. With an extra helping of incompetence on his part. Sure he beats phasma, but that's the only hero moment he gets in the entire trilogy. Not to mention him being a receiving end of a speech on how war and slavery are bad. A black man, who is a former brainwashed child soldier, is being told how war and slavery are bad.

In the rise of skywalker, Finn was a thirsty moron who constantly chases after Rey and is screaming her name.

I could have lived with Finn not being a Jedi. I just found it so hard to root for him because he was a bumbling idiot. Finn was a character that I really wanted to like, and I couldn't. Then I found out how disappointed Boyega himself was with Finn, and how disney took his love of star wars and ruined it.
    You do realise that what u are saying is if Finn and Rey had swapped their place in that horrid trilogy....someone it would have been better???

Just because Black man Finn has Jedi powers and wields are lightsaber while Rey goes about doing meaningless non-plot worthy antics and has a cheap poorly done love with Rose etc, etc.

With that same writing????

Really man?? Are u for real???

Those movies would have all still remained terribly bad whether Finn was in Rey's place or not.

Giveb how badly that trilogy was I am glad Finn was not the main lead character because studios on future projects would have used it as an example and reason why black main leads are not put into giant blockbuster budget movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    It should be obvious by now that Besouro is a troll. It's probably best to stop wasting time responding.
    Correct.

I’m not engaging with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    P.S take the mask off you're really bad at pretending to be Black.
    It is like he got it out of a book from 1992

"we blacks"

"as blacks"

the cringe lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Peace!
    Yeah I'm not buying it. and if you had any sense of history you would know it's not "Two wrongs". There's no equivalency between black people and white people when it comes to racism or white-washing. You're on here posting your outrage about the sanctity of white gods maybe if you had the same concern for your own culture. "We" wouldn't have these problems. "Peace" indeed.

Iman Vellani will play Kamala Khan

https://collider.com/ms-marvel-disne...-iman-vellani/

How hard is it to understand that you take 1 dollar away from a man with only 100 dollars it is no big deal but if you take a dollar away from a man with only 10 dollars it is a big deal.

The context of the situation matters, Black people aren't get upset primarily over changing the race, They get are getting upset because they are so few minority characters especially impact characters or A list characters. And changing a black character to white or another race takes away one from small number.

There is going to reach a point in representation where black people and decision makers are going to say "Hey we got enough black(and white) characters maybe we need to try get representation in from some where else". While some people will complain most black people will get it because we have been there.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-30-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I hope she has a therapist and no social media.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I hope she has a therapist and no social media.
    She will need it because there are already several online articles about her negative reviews of comicbook movies including Captain Marvel.

Does anyone know any Romani character represented in comics (aside from the 'gypsy' tropes)?