Page 416 of 826 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 12390
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but what are people's thoughts on this defund/abolish the police debate?
    It’s poorly named. I don’t think anyone really wants to abolish all policing. What is the alternatives to police?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what are people's thoughts on this defund/abolish the police debate?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ler-slideshow/

The 33-page slide show used to train cadets for the Kentucky State Police encouraged ethical and moral decision-making, selflessness, pride and honor. But in doing so, the police also quoted Adolf Hitler and Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee and encouraged trainees to pursue violence at all costs.
    The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence,” Hitler wrote in his anti-Semitic manifesto “Mein Kampf,” which was included on a police training slide titled 'Violence of Action."

The line was one of three times the state police quoted the Nazi leader in the training material.

The slide show was first reported Friday by Manual RedEye, a student newspaper at Louisville’s duPont Manual High School. The students were given the documents by a local lawyer, who received them through an open-records request for a lawsuit against the police agency.
    Policing in America is corrupt all the way down. It may not even be reformable. Abolish the police doesdn't mean an end to law enforcement, of course, but it does mean ending the current establishment. Defunding the police will help, of course, but it isn't going to put a stop to this kind of stuff.

Well, I'm all for demilitarization. Police do not need access to military grade weapons and gear. Police Unions are the only labor unions people seem to be okay with, and they're basically the mob. Getting rid of them would help out a lot. Reallocating funding from police departments to mental health and social services does sound like a good idea, I'm not sure how feasible it is, but it sounds better than what we're doing now.

Ultimate Member

The name of it is bad. Because all that does is rile up the gators and want not.

Someone with a brain cell should have come up with a name that states what folks want.

An overview of budgets to see what can be cut and what can be invested in.

Does Mayberry RDF really need military stuff? Is Cobra REALLY going to invade them? They certainly are not invading Chiraq.

The Nation's Capital? Or a site that would be a terrorist's dream target? Maybe.

What money is spent on recruiting? Especially filtering out George ZImmerman and AMber Guyer types that have no business applying.

Since so many of these incidents with black folks start over WARRANTS-what can be done to build up that part to get those serviced and dealt with-so no cop has to bother someone.

The issue with so many of these conversations is the WRONG folks keep getting the forum to talk and spew nonsense.

Too much misinformation keeps getting spewed to fit agendas. I don't need Shawn King or 50 Cent or ALL of Fox News talking.

*looks at current election results regardless of who ends up winning*

Pointless debate. It will never happen. It is a waste of time and resources.

It is rotten from the top down. It needs a cleansing fire. But that won't ever happen.

Id settle for bodycams on 100% of the time and actual consequences for the people who do get caught on camera doing illegal **** (getting fired isn't a consequence). Those are things that could actually happen that could actually make a difference.

Burning it down and starting over is what is needed but is impossible to practically happen. It is a waste of time and just scares people into supporting the police more.

Also, if you completely decriminalize marjuana, a lot of these stop and serachs wouldn't have a point. A lot of people won't go to jail for no stupid reason. It would help the "black community" a ton bc you wouldn't have young folk with felonies on their record their whole life.

There are better ways to spend our time and resources lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-04-2020 at 07:05 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Let's just spend the money better. Instead of giving cops military grade weapons, raise their salaries. That's why so many cops are angry and bitter, 'cause they're not getting paid. If I were a cop, I would say, "Don't give me a bazooka! Pay me enough to send my kids to college."
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Funds should go to directing 911 calls to mental health professionals, instead of law enforcement.

Funds should go into mental health screening of police candidates, and random mental health screening of on duty officers.

I'm not sure if some of these cops are extreme cowards, or over the top predators.

The level of overkill says more about them, than the unfortunate victims.

I know votes are still being counted, but I am really dejected by the unmasking of so many Americans.

So many proudly voted for a man who is like a real life amalgamation of Lex Luthor & R. Kelly.

Oh, when I posted R. Kelly, I meant Senator Robert Kelly from X-Men comics. However, I suppose we could "double up" to include the singer considering the troubling history with women.

I totally see why Steve Rogers became Nomad during the 1970's.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 11-04-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Policing in America is corrupt all the way down. It may not even be reformable.
    Not in my lifetime anyway. The BEST outcome we can HOPE to enact, since you know, Black people do not write policy or enact laws, is that we go for the only thing we can go for and that is the money by way of the budgets. The same money that comes out of OUR taxpayers pockets to settle the hundreds of millions of lawsuit judgements awarded in any given year in this country. A shift in monetary allocation is the most plausible 2nd step. This was never about the elimination of law enforcement it's about how we spend money on enforcement efforts. Not even spend more on 'training', since you know, that Dave Grossman, On Killing warrior bullshit was a training package sold to law enforcement agencies across the country. Problem is we've eliminated so much of the mental health and drug counseling programs and social services we've done away with, there is little left. Money for all the maintenance of the the War **** we brought over, cause that capital was already paid for under Bush, it's the upkeep state budgets are still on the hook for. We'll see a HUGE change in on hand policing if parts of the settlements came from pensions. Not even advocating for all of it, a 7-15% dip (depending on a series of legit variables) apart of what is awarded will provoke a change best believe.

Marijuana decriminalization has still yet to happen in city with a large Black population, New Jersey is one of the first and things like that are going to help but again we've been stymied so bad up and down the chain, the little positives lessen as they move through this current system .

Before even that is a thought, the real 1st hurdle is admitting there is an issue. Too much history has gone down to establish any far reaching change in the eyes of mostly Black minorities. A little honesty is the start there needs to be but that's too much to ask of the White identity quotient component that is a big part of over policing. Even then the whole thing is a cycle, like a system in the body, prison system by way of mass incarceration on one end struggling schools and few job prospects on another end. It's a lot to it and it's all sick af.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I know votes are still being counted, but I am really dejected by the unmasking of so many Americans.

Yep, getting fooled the first time because of some disdain for Hilary is one thing.

Biden is the most boring presidential candidate sense... Dole? There is nothing scary about him. There are no real scandals. Dude is boring and moderate as hell.

yet this election is razor thin and 67million people and counting voted for Trump.

(whew boy did the latinos/cubans like him? someone explain that too me?)

American's don't give a **** about "us." And never will.

(get your money, move to someplace that doesn't suck, worry about you and those close to you and F everyone else at this point. USA is broken, the melting pot thing doesn't work)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yep, getting fooled the first time because of some disdain for Hilary is one thing.

Biden is the most boring presidential candidate sense... Dole? There is nothing scary about him. There are no real scandals. Dude is boring and moderate as hell.

yet this election is razor thin and 67million people and counting voted for Trump.

(get your money, move to someplace that doesn't suck, worry about you and those close to you and F everyone else at this point. USA is broken, the melting pot thing doesn't work)
    I agree with everything you posted.

Most of us have personally experienced, or witnessed some form of racism. Never in my lifetime did I consider that millions of people would hold such callus disregard for fellow citizens/humans. Some Trump followers are straight blatant with their bigotry while others continue to blow the dog whistle, and gaslight.

Public Enemy told the truth, decades ago.

Man....Florida to republicans is what California is to the democrats.

But damn, I got 13 years left on my mortgage!
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 11-04-2020 at 07:16 PM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The Cubans supporting Trump are the descendants of Batista supporters. They were the local ruling class in Cuba before Castro came along and forced them to leave. They vote Republican because they see them as being against communism. From the Cubans I did know they also told me that they were (and are) very racist as well.

Maybe the Democratic Party shouldn't have poison penned Bernie Sanders but the DNC was never going to tolerate a sheepdog candidate becoming more than a sheepdog candidate. Also sending pundits out there to constantly blame Black men for Trump was a stupid plan. Shitting on Ice Cube as well. Nobody respects these smug ass white liberals.

Extraordinary Member

I have a new level of contempt for sell-outs.

Some of the MVP's for white supremacy are POC.

Extraordinary Member

It's crazy how real life, and fiction can blur.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    The Cubans supporting Trump are the descendants of Batista supporters. They were the local ruling class in Cuba before Castro came along and forced them to leave. They vote Republican because they see them as being against communism. From the Cubans I did know they also told me that they were (and are) very racist as well.

Maybe the Democratic Party shouldn't have poison penned Bernie Sanders but the DNC was never going to tolerate a sheepdog candidate becoming more than a sheepdog candidate. Also sending pundits out there to constantly blame Black men for Trump was a stupid plan. Shitting on Ice Cube as well. Nobody respects these smug ass white liberals.
    That one was deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It's crazy how real life, and fiction can blur.

Pennyworth? Like, Alfred Pennyworth from Batman?