Page 434 of 828 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    There are so many little black boys who saw themselves in black panther that are going to be heartbroken. Now that I think about it, he was one of the few Black MCU characters with actual superpowers on top of the Tech and fighting skills that everybody and their brother seems to have. Now I'm feeling kind of sour about the MCU as a whole. Ant-Man's getting a third movie, the Fantastic Four are being grandfathered in, these other announcements sound great but I can't get excited about that. I want to, but I kind of can't.
    It seems like Marvel hasn't learned their lesson. While no MCU movie has been a failure Marvel was not prepared for the massive success that was Black Panther. Hell people who had never seen a comic book movie lined up to go see it. Seeing yourself represented in such a way can have an overwhelmingly positive affect people. Moving from Black Panther for a bit Spider-Man has been my favorite hero going back to the days of the old Fox animated series but despite that I felt like a damn king playing the Miles Morales game. Seeing a character like Black Panther on screen had me feeling the same.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Shit. The hits just keep ciming I think tjat is extremely short sighted. How many muthafuckas have played Batman or Spiderman, that IP shouldnt just pass because of the unfortunate passing of Boseman. I agree MCU needs Black Panther, needs T'Challa.
    There have been so many Spider-Men that Into the Spider-Verse made it into a running gag. T'Challa's story was just getting started, it doesn't have to end. BP meant a lot to a lot of people. I understand why they didn't want to recast, but they're doing a lot of people a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    There have been so many Spider-Men that Into the Spider-Verse made it into a running gag. T'Challa's story was just getting started, it doesn't have to end. BP meant a lot to a lot of people. I understand why they didn't want to recast, but they're doing a lot of people a disservice.
    Nobody in charge loved T'challa.

If tom holland died, they would recast next thursday. because the people in charge love Spider-Man.

t'challa is just another character to the people in charge. Moving on means nothing ot them personally
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I maintain John David Washington would be a great Black Panther.
    Him or Y'lan Noel. Without spoiling "The First Purge" when it was building up to the ending it felt like a demo reel for a super hero movie.

If he wasn't busy with DC Yahya Abdul-Mateen II would have been good, too.

I can probably think up more examples but its moot now given the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I maintain John David Washington would be a great Black Panther.
    Yeah, that would have worked.

If not Shuri, I wonder if they would try to somehow bring Killmonger back? I don't know if there's any way story-wise to do that, that would make any sense ... but, given how popular he was as a villain, and Michael B. Jordan's star profile, no doubt they wish they could.

What I would hope most, however, is that they don't try to go the route of a computer-generated version of Chadwick Bosman as T'Challa. I don't know if any big movies besides Star Wars have gone that route as yet, but I am very much not in favor of it. It just seems distasteful and disrespectful.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I don't quite understand how YouTube views equals money for content creators but I've seen that certain people can make a living at producing videos. Especially if they can get a YouTube following big enough to follow them as a group to Twitch where the real money apparently is.

That alone explains all this. That's even with me knowing from experience how many of those dudes aren't joking about being upset about corporate trying to broaden the appeal of their IPs.

I noticed 3 videos about Starfire's Gay daughter came out on YouTube in like a day. I there are probably more YouTube videos out about that character by now than there ever were about Starfire, decades of tv presence and all.

Being pissed off all the time can get you paid if you work it right, I guess.
    Some people were able make money from ad revenue, but after a couple of high profile controversies, Youtube decided to demonetize alot of folks vids. However, people figured out that they could do just as well or better by asking for Patreon donations and if you upload everyday and get at least part of your audience to throw a couple of bucks each time, you can generate an income.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Kevin Feige confirmed that they are not recasting T'Challa. I understand why they've made this decision but personally I was in the "T'Challa's story in the MCU shouldn't end because of this" camp.
    I agree and am a little shocked. Even on just a mercenary corporate level, BP made multi-millions for them. Why wouldn't they want to make at least some of that again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, that would have worked.

If not Shuri, I wonder if they would try to somehow bring Killmonger back? I don't know if there's any way story-wise to do that, that would make any sense ... but, given how popular he was as a villain, and Michael B. Jordan's star profile, no doubt they wish they could.
    They could bring Killmonger back by resurrection with his cult, but maybe not feasible with T'Challa out of action with Boseman but I couldn't stand him being the next Panther. He kills and abuses women and has no respect for Wakanda.

Bring on Nakia as the Black Panther and recast Shuri ASAP - I propose China Anne McClain, she's available since Black Lightning got cancelled.

Washington would have been an incredible T'Challa, it's a shame they're sidelining the character but it is what it is.

Disney+ Preps African Comic Book Series Iwájú In Partnership With Kugali

Disney is launching an animated African comic book series that it describes as a “first of its kind collaboration”.

Iwájú comes from a partnership between pan-African entertainment company Kugali and Disney. It will launch on streaming service Disney+ in 2022.

Walt Disney Animation Studios’ chief creative officer said that the show is set in Lagos and steeped in science-fiction and explores “deep themes of class, innocence and challenging the status quo”.

But the way that it reached Disney is probably the most interesting aspect. Lee said she saw an article, from the BBC, that highlighted the pan-African comic book hoping to “kick Disney’s arse”. “I was intrigue,” she said. “Here was three talented comic book artists. Their dream was to bring African stories created by African artist to the world, highlighting the diversity of cultures, histories and voices across the continent. Their talents as storytellers blew us away. I’m proud to announce the first of its kind collaboration to bring original long for series to Disney+.”
    https://deadline.com/2020/12/disney-...ju-1234654521/

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black panther franchise with no T'challa is no franchise I have interest in.

The biggest and most important black male in comic book movie history is gone. Forever.

Now, we are left with side kicks and thugs. Awesome.

Chadwick elevated T'challa to new heights but him keeping his illness a secret and blind siding everyone just destroyed the character.
    Along this line...

Marvel is in a pretty tight spot here.

Even the best possible version of whatever the plan is will have a pretty steep hill to climb just to be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn! RIP Tiny Lister Jr. 62. I remember me and brother renting No Holds Barred when it came out on VHS.
    If I remeber he was the first on screen Black President in The 5th Element predating Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact. That's too damn bad.
    This year can seriously take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They could bring Killmonger back by resurrection with his cult, but maybe not feasible with T'Challa out of action with Boseman but I couldn't stand him being the next Panther. He kills and abuses women and has no respect for Wakanda.

Bring on Nakia as the Black Panther and recast Shuri ASAP - I propose China Anne McClain, she's available since Black Lightning got cancelled.

Washington would have been an incredible T'Challa, it's a shame they're sidelining the character but it is what it is.
    Well, not saying it's the greatest idea, but if they wanted to go that route, you just use it as a way to illustrate a redemption arc or character growth; saying that Killmonger is a changed man, motivated to be a better person by T'Challa's example and/or being actually chosen to be the Black Panther, as opposed to kind of forcing his way into the role, like he did initially.

Kind of like that thing where Midnight's Fire became the new Night Thrasher. Not that that was ever a good idea, mind you.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member

...It took 8 years and a reboot before DC recast Joker in films after Heath Ledger's death.

And sad to say, this is way more like that situation than the semi annual recasting of James Bonds.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Disney is developing an Afro-futurist cartoon series

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, they can look up to Rhody... who is Iron Man but shittier.
    Didn't they announce Armor Wars the same day they announced no recast for T'challa? I mean it stars Rhody, but, kinda wonder if he'll be the lead per se.

Or Falcon... who is captain america but shittier.
    ...and has equal billing with someone else. Its a buddy cop show a la Lethal Weapon in superhero clothes.

Or ummm......

blade in 2023!
    I'll believe they're actually making a Blade movie when we get a hard and fast date, casting on the villain, what the story is, etc.

What they COULD do, though, is bring back Luke Cage. The two year clause for his show has been satisfied, so...what are you waiting for Marvel? Hmm?