Page 436 of 824 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 12354

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean... probably

Why would you waste time promoting a character in video games and stuff if the parent company is afraid to use him?

dude was being promoted in a billion dollar company and still couldn't make it in commercials or be nothing more than a DLC later lol. how much better do you think it will get being killed off?
    This puts a sour taste i n my mouth. And you know what the real irritating **** is? The lack of of anger I'm seeing from other MCU fans. It's like oh well whatever. At least when Storm is brought into the fold she can't leech off of him.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Dr. Anthony Fauci Appeals to Black Community: ‘The Vaccine That You’re Going to Be Taking Was Developed by an African American Woman’

With skepticism about the safety and efficacy of a COVID-19 vaccine running high among African Americans, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, wants Black people to know that a Black woman, Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, was heavily involved in developing one of the vaccines that will soon be available to Americans later this month.

Fauci, speaking at a National Urban League event on Tuesday, acknowledged the history behind African American distrust of medical research and the American health care system, reports CNN. But the epidemiologist also emphasized that the two forthcoming coronavirus vaccines are both safe and effective, drawing attention to Dr. Corbett’s involvement in the process.

“The very vaccine that’s one of the two that has absolutely exquisite levels—94 to 95 percent efficacy against clinical disease and almost 100 percent efficacy against serious disease that are shown to be clearly safe—that vaccine was actually developed in my institute’s vaccine research center by a team of scientists led by Dr. Barney Graham and his close colleague, Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, or Kizzy Corbett,” Fauci said.

“So, the first thing you might want to say to my African American brothers and sisters is that the vaccine that you’re going to be taking was developed by an African American woman,” he continued. “And that is just a fact.”

The vaccine Fauci is referring to is the one that will be released by Moderna, one of two vaccines that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expected to give emergency use authorization to (the other will be distributed by Pfizer). Dr. Corbett, the lead scientist for the National Institute of Health’s coronavirus vaccine research, has spoken out about institutional distrust in the Black community in the past, saying she’s seen the hesitancy to take vaccines first-hand.

“I would say to people who are vaccine-hesitant that you’ve earned the right to ask the questions that you have around these vaccines and this vaccine development process,” Corbett told the CNN podcast “Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction.”
    https://www.theroot.com/dr-anthony-f...acc-1845853569

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    They are??

They sure did, with a thud sound. So, yea... thing is OK, I haven't sat through Lovecraft County, my wife did but she sits through a lot of stuff. I feel I get the premise of the ratio of fantastical elements with realism. I feel the make up for Lovecraft County was pretty even which was it's strength, again, this is the perception of it on my end and what I hear. 60% (fantastical)/40% (realism) abouts. Now what I want to see in that 40% is a separate discussion. Thing is with Luke Cage the fantastical ration was so much smaller to the realistic parts of the story. If feel it was closer to 25%(fantastical)/75%(realism). The collateral damage leaned pretty high on the quasi-realism side, the gun violence, (crooked) police pressance, the heavy familial turmoil within the Stokes, between the Stokes and Jamaican side and just the one fantastic bulletproof character.

Getting him even the perception of dirty in a 'Kingpin of Harlem' storyline would have to include a lot of the same elements. I just want to see more fantastic elements from this fantastical character. Beyond just the name drops of the OG source material (which gets a grin from me always). Gimmie 100% more D-list costumed villains doing **** is all I ask. I'm not asking for a world build just a community build. Luke entered and exited every scene the same way. I didn't know if the bullet holes in this hoddie were from a current fight or the last one. Let me some strength limits within a fight, it can be done. He doesn't shoot lasers. He becomes a 'kingpin' is leaning into situations that will increasingly become less fantastical is all. I feel there are some elements of the comics the live action show runners are unwilling to display for whatever reason. They need ground wires no question but a little less crime doesn't pay and a touch more Legends of Tomorrow but not really if you get what I'm saying.
    Rumors have been floating around about daredevil and jessica jones being in the third spider man movie. So I don't really know. People say anything at this point. I wonder how Luke could afford those Carhartt hoodies he wore, Carhartt clothes aren't cheap.

Just wait til they announce Cage as Danny's sidekick lol
    Would not shock me and they would do it without a second thought..

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    This puts a sour taste i n my mouth. And you know what the real irritating **** is? The lack of of anger I'm seeing from other MCU fans. It's like oh well whatever. At least when Storm is brought into the fold she can't leech off of him.
    "It's the right thing to do."

"It's respectful."

"It's the best decision."

"No one can replace Chadwick, this is what he would have wanted."

Social media groupthink and lack of foresight strike again. Well, at least Killmonger isn't coming back, or they aren't shoehorning Shuri "because comics" or M'baku in as BP. There really isn't a reason outside of feelings why T'Challa's story has to end. They could have pushed the movie back a little while longer and recast the role, it would have angered fewer people. To continue without him feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Rumors have been floating around about daredevil and jessica jones being in the third spider man movie. So I don't really know. People say anything at this point. I wonder how Luke could afford those Carhartt hoodies he wore, Carhartt clothes aren't cheap.
    I see. Hope they bring in as many of the Netflix principles as possible, again, if.

They are not, specially for a guy with no income. Which is the biggest part of the Cage mythos that they largely left out (for the best I guess in a way). The Hero for Hire part got turned into a swear jar.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    They could just say T'challa had a long lost half-brother, problem solved.
    I suppose it is opportunity to create an entirely new character who, if done well, could then be translated into the comics MU. I vote for T'Challa's time-displaced son, a la Rachel Summers or Cable.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Mighty Member

I mean... what does MCU love more than a white lead teaming up with the black guy?
    .......Did the title “Falcon and The Winter Soldier” switch nouns when I wasn’t looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    .......Did the title “Falcon and The Winter Soldier” switch nouns when I wasn’t looking?
    You mean caps 2 sidekicks?

"I do what he does, just slower"

Gonna praise rhodeys series next?

I mean... Ive enjoyed basically every MCU product to varying degrees and really want to see Fal/WS but im not gonna act like they are some bastion of minority representation. they coulda easily just called the show "captain falcon"
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-11-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    "It's the right thing to do."

"It's respectful."

"It's the best decision."

"No one can replace Chadwick, this is what he would have wanted."

Social media groupthink and lack of foresight strike again. Well, at least Killmonger isn't coming back, or they aren't shoehorning Shuri "because comics" or M'baku in as BP. There really isn't a reason outside of feelings why T'Challa's story has to end. They could have pushed the movie back a little while longer and recast the role, it would have angered fewer people. To continue without him feels wrong.
    A delay and recast would've made the most sense to me. Of course there would have been the initial pushback but these characters are bigger than any one actor regardless of how well they played them. I just can't wrap my head around the logic with this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I just can't wrap my head around the logic with this decision.
    They think they can make just as much money with BP Shuri and Coogler and just avoid the whole mess.

They think the brand is bigger than T'challa. That the fans will flock to see Wakanda.

We will see. I won't be flockin that is for sure lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

You mean caps 2 sidekicks?
    Given Cap’s current state, I don’t think Sam has to worry about “second banana” status anymore. That’s all on Bucky now.

They think they can make just as much money with BP Shuri and Coogler and just avoid the whole mess.

They think the brand is bigger than T'challa. That the fans will flock to see Wakanda.

We will see. I won't be flockin that is for sure lol.
    They'll be in for a shock. I've ran this by some people I know and the reactions range from how to why. Having had a day to consider all this I won't be seeing Black Panther 2 if they actually go through with this. It's a shame but as a fan I don't want to contribute to the burying of T'Challa.

Extraordinary Member

I've been on team Kevin Feige for the longest. But he let me down big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I've been on team Kevin Feige for the longest. But he let me down big time.
    Dude, I have defended that dude all over the internet haha. I love the MCU. The MCU is why I branched out in comics and such. the MCU is why I post on CBR

but god... this announcement sucks for me.

And his fanboyism over spider-man is grown inducing from the very bginning (parker did not belong in Civil War like that) and this spider-verse thing just feels like Star wars like nostalgia bait.

Frankly, with star wars and how the MCU is going, I am just going to hav eto pick and choose what I like and wiki the rest now. Sadly.