Page 441 of 828 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 12407
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    HBO Max's Green Lantern Character Details for Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz Emerge

https://www.cbr.com/hbo-max-green-la...-jessica-cruz/
    Curious what they mean by Simon being a vendor. His day job was originally that of an automotive engineer.

The Three-Body Problem Producer Lin Qi Allegedly Poisoned By a Fellow Film Film Executive

As the Hollywood Reporter notes, on Wednesday, the Shanghai Public Safety Bureau took to its Weibo page with an announcement describing how, after Qi was admitted to the hospital earlier this month, his doctors suspected that he might have been poisoned, prompting an investigation that led to an arrest.

“Following the call, the police began an investigation. According to investigations on site and further interviews, the police found that a suspect surnamed Xu, who is a coworker of the victim Lin, was the most likely the perpetrator,” the post described. “The suspect Xu has been arrested and investigations continue.”

Though the police’s post did not share the suspect’s name in full, the South China Morning Post reports an executive by the name of Yao Xu was recently tapped to oversee Yoozoo’s Three-Body Universe, a unit focused on other projects based on The Three-Body Problem. Though Yoozoo initially planned to produce a both cinematic and gaming adaptations of the story, both failed to materialize, and it was unclear whether The Three-Body Problem would ever make it to screen until earlier this fall when Yoozoo moved to partner with Netflix.

While there’s no word on what might have motivated the crime (THR points to “a dispute among the Chinese entertainment company’s executive ranks” and notes that the unspecified poison was allegedly administered via a cup of tea) reports are that Qi is recovering and in stable condition. There’s also no word on how, or if, these events might affect the future of The Three-Body Problem series.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-three-bo...son-1845947079

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He had lots of money and didn't need to work unless he was in the mood? Plus for every two roles he does that everyone loves, he'll do a third that flops. So, he's not seen as guaranteed box office gold anymore.
    And the one Oscar worthy performance he gives he got screwed out of an award for an aging industry legend that the Academy wanted to honor BEFORE he died.

Martin Landau if I remember correctly.

Eddie's at the "**** it" portion of his career.

He doesn't need the money.

If he makes anything that ISN'T a kids movie it has a 50-50 shot at tanking now, so why be bothered, really?

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/hul...lie-1845948788

Hulu Acquires Lee Daniels’ The United States vs. Billie Holiday

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

It's sad to say the Wonder Woman sequel appears to have stumbled badly in regards to race. A shame given its predecessor did much better.

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/englis...ti-arab-racism

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's sad to say the Wonder Woman sequel appears to have stumbled badly in regards to race. A shame given its predecessor did much better.

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/englis...ti-arab-racism
    Thats odd. My friends in the United Arab Emirrates said the film is getting a lot of praise there

Giancarlo Esposito as Old Man Miles by Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Thats odd. My friends in the United Arab Emirrates said the film is getting a lot of praise there
    Everyone i've talked to that I 'know' said the film was a waste of 2.5 hours.

why can't WB/DC edit their films?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Everyone i've talked to that I 'know' said the film was a waste of 2.5 hours.

why can't WB/DC edit their films?
    'Waste' is harsh, why put of tomorrow what you can do over a holiday. She did look pretty hot in that armor when she tossed the wings. Fewer sistas from Themyscira this time around. Pedro Pascal did give me Dave Chappelle Chuck Taylor vibes.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

If the First WW was an homage to Donner's Superman, the sequel was more like Superman 3.

The third WW has been greenlit, I don't know how that'll be. Maybe Artemis can be in it and she can be Diana's General Zod stand-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    And the one Oscar worthy performance he gives he got screwed out of an award for an aging industry legend that the Academy wanted to honor BEFORE he died.

Martin Landau if I remember correctly.

Eddie's at the "**** it" portion of his career.

He doesn't need the money.

If he makes anything that ISN'T a kids movie it has a 50-50 shot at tanking now, so why be bothered, really?
    It was Sam Jackson who lost to Landau for best supporting actor, the only Oscar that Murphy was up for was for Dream Girls and he lost to Alan Arkin.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    If the First WW was an homage to Donner's Superman, the sequel was more like Superman 3.
    The first movie had more in common with Marvel's Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, and the Reeve Superman films had cheesy camp scenes before 3. '84 had the right tone for a Wonder Woman movie, that's more classic Wonder Woman then any previous appearance in the DCEU. It just didn't nail the landing and supposedly it was a train wreck behind the scenes.

The third WW has been greenlit, I don't know how that'll be. Maybe Artemis can be in it and she can be Diana's General Zod stand-in.
    Artemis was in the first movie as a cameo. Since Jenkins is doing all Diana's greatest enemies, my guess is Circe is up next.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Artemis was in the first movie as a cameo. Since Jenkins is doing all Diana's greatest enemies, my guess is Circe is up next.
    Huh. I did not know that was supposed to be Artemis. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post

Artemis isn't a villain.