Page 447 of 828 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 12408

I don't think even John Walker would have done what these people did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think even John Walker would have done what these people did.
    I agree, he'd be Mitt Romney Republican these days. But I do get a smile on my face whenever I'm reading Avengers: West Coast and Wonder Man just casually calling him a fascist mid-conversation and nobody says a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Great mention of La Villa Strangiato on the anniversary of Neil Peart's death.
    It broke my heart when I found out Neil passed. I thought he was enjoying his retirement, riding motorcycles, being with his family. I thought he would have started a podcast or something like that, we all knew how private he was. I never even considered for a moment that he was in so much pain. I hate that Neil's gone, but at least he isn't suffering anymore.

Ultimate Member

Meanwhile, what’s going on with Ray Fisher? He seems determined to burn his bridges with WB.

He keeps going on on Walter Hamada but I’m not clear as to why exactly he’s so upset. What exactly did Hamada do to him? He’s making it sound like was racially abused or sexually assaulted or something. He went on about Geoff Johns being fired only to find out that Johns is still working very much with WB.

I guess we’ll see him in those “black Fatal Attraction” that so many faded black actors now find themselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This.

The double standard is so obvious.

This is why people attack the police force. My brother was a policeman and even he’s speechless about this (the second time in about a year, first time was during the George Floyd protest).
    You remove all political sympathies that the cops could have felt for these people…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Britney Spears's ex, Jason Alexander, indie musicians Ariel Pink and John Maus and filmmaker Alex Lee Moyer were among those storming the Capitol.

https://themuse.jezebel.com/they-alw...ves-1846007698

https://jezebel.com/somewhat-unsurpr...x-h-1846010852

The only one of these guys I know of is the one who married Spears.

Meanwhile, what’s going on with Ray Fisher? He seems determined to burn his bridges with WB.

He keeps going on on Walter Hamada but I’m not clear as to why exactly he’s so upset. What exactly did Hamada do to him? He’s making it sound like was racially abused or sexually assaulted or something. He went on about Geoff Johns being fired only to find out that Johns is still working very much with WB.

I guess we’ll see him in those “black Fatal Attraction” that so many faded black actors now find themselves in.
    Yeah, I have no idea honestly.

I do know the DC movie fans seem to hate him now. Everyting he is brought up, the threads just start mocking him.

But... I can't even figure out what he wants other than I guess Whedon was mean to him? I have no idea, it is so vague and seems never ending.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    There was no plan. People are giving this crowd too much credit when they call them terrorists or an attempted coup. Even failed terrorists have some sort of end goal in mind. What happened was a couple of jerks forced their way in, a mass of knuckleheads followed them and the cops just threw their hands up.

Now as to why the cops just sort of acquiesced? Probably a handful of different reasons ( some practical/some not) , but I think we can guess the biggest reason...it's not that just that the protesters were white, but that they were the right white people. They were people many of the cops probably support or at least sympathize with. We saw this during the COVID protests in spring...Trump supporters marching up to govt buildings and literally yelling in the faces of cops and the cops just standing there patiently.
    The police know that these reactionaries (judging by what I've heard them say and what I've read by them) are no threat to them. Oh they'll kill people but their problem is the country isn't how it used to be in their romanticized past. The wrong people are in power according to them but they don't want to do a damn thing about the structure that upholds them. The few who no longer trust any of these politicians, pundits, and the like are the ones that will probably wonder what to do next.

That being said, the cops and reactionaries are on the same side so when the Capitol full of fatuous politicians got attacked I was like "hope they do each other in". If I'm a rabbit and I see two snakes fighting each other I don't get involved. I just walk away.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    14 some odd arrests. Disappointed, confounded, set aback, yea where's the next Janet Reno when you thought you needer her. I understand you can't go all Waco on the Capital but damn.
    Considering what came afterwards from WACO you shouldn't want another Janet Reno. I was around to see what happened with the Centennial Olympic Park bombing and it wasn't pretty. Also the Oklahoma City bombing as well.

Ultimate Member

At the rate he is going-that bridge will be burned EVERYWHERE.

No one wants a toxic person. No one wants to hire someone who will probably talk about this more than the show he was hired for.

I do know the DC movie fans seem to hate him now. Everyting he is brought up, the threads just start mocking him.
    Because he thought that would be a huge door opening role for him. Even if that movie was a hit-what doors were suppose to open???

Daisy Riley was in 3 movies that made 3 billion dollars. She is begging for work.

Michael B Jordan has only done projects that HE has a hand in since Black Panther.

Boseman-where did the last of his movies came out on? Netflix.

He needs to look at what others have done. Doors don't open for everyone.

And in sad news for me-a guy who was a Freshman my Senior year in high school-died on the 3rd from a heart attack. I just found out about it today.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    14 some odd arrests. Disappointed, confounded, set aback, yea where's the next Janet Reno when you thought you needer her. I understand you can't go all Waco on the Capital but damn.

Awww, he held that insurrectionists glasses.
    Various government agencies are tracking them down as we speak, the Capitol police may be slacking off but the rest of the government want their piece of flesh. Also, companies this people worked for, many have been fired for this. Including CEOs! I suspect the government won't be exploring terrorist changes until after Trump's out of office, but they have said they are pursuing any and all avenues of laws to throw the book at them with. This isn't over.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Netflix's Lupin is good even though it's short.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At the rate he is going-that bridge will be burned EVERYWHERE.

No one wants a toxic person. No one wants to hire someone who will probably talk about this more than the show he was hired for.

Because he thought that would be a huge door opening role for him. Even if that movie was a hit-what doors were suppose to open???

Daisy Riley was in 3 movies that made 3 billion dollars. She is begging for work.

Michael B Jordan has only done projects that HE has a hand in since Black Panther.

Boseman-where did the last of his movies came out on? Netflix.

He needs to look at what others have done. Doors don't open for everyone.
    Jordan has a production company, so of course he wants to be involved in the things he works on. He also has a successful franchise he's the lead in, and is scheduled to be the lead in another potential franchise, though that was probably delayed due to covid.

If Boseman hadn't died of cancer, it's a safe bet he'd have continued to star in the huge Black Panther franchise, along with smaller theatrical releases. Regarding his last movies being on Netflix, in this day and age many actors do movies that are made for streaming services while also doing theatrical releases. It's not either or.

Seems like you were suggesting those particular actors were hard up for work, but that was not the case. There's really no comparing them to Fisher.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Various government agencies are tracking them down as we speak, the Capitol police may be slacking off but the rest of the government want their piece of flesh. Also, companies this people worked for, many have been fired for this. Including CEOs! I suspect the government won't be exploring terrorist changes until after Trump's out of office, but they have said they are pursuing any and all avenues of laws to throw the book at them with. This isn't over.
    One of the "main" idiots is the son of a Judge in NY (i think NY)

one of the other main idiots has a degree in psychology with a wife who is a physician

the dumb chick who got blasted was former air force

These idiots were not a bunch of trailer trash for the midwest or some stuff. They had to have enough money to take off work and fly to freaking DC just to do... whatever the did.

This country is broken.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    One of the "main" idiots is the son of a Judge in NY (i think NY)

one of the other main idiots has a degree in psychology with a wife who is a physician

the dumb chick who got blasted was former air force

These idiots were not a bunch of trailer trash for the midwest or some stuff. They had to have enough money to take off work and fly to freaking DC just to do... whatever the did.

This country is broken.
    There was a video of them chilling out at some fancy hotel afterwards. This perception that trumpers are all a bunch of slack jawed yokels is part of the problem. The democrats do everything they can to appeal to these affluent suburbanites who are more likely to vote conservative due to economic issues, while simultaneously ignoring the fact that a lot of them are probably trump supporters. It's almost as if having money and being smart aren't the same thing.