Page 452 of 827 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Which "franchise' owns Moses? Is he Spider-Man or X-men or ?
    I think he's one of those villains that just gets tossed about the shared universe with no real franchise claiming him like Vandal Savage or Solomon Grundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I wondered if Shaw's scan of that Avengers was the last time he showed up and please, feel free to check my internet math. But I show 22 appearances for Moses Magnum, who debuted in 1975.

One you can't even count cause that was in Classic X-Men (the issue I first saw him on the spinner rack back in the day).
    5 appearances were cause McDuffie, may he rest in peace, wrote them (for Deathlok)... in freakin' 1993.
    9 years after Avengers 9 scanned above (1998 - 2007) I guess he popped his head in Civil War: Battle Damage Report, so a side book. A couple pops in Dark Wolverine in 2009 and most recently to my surprise, the most recent Shuri series in 4 and 5. Now I gotta go and find those.

So in essence, in 45 years arguably the best POC foil ever peaked in 1979. As an aside, I do have Power Man Annual #1 and I forgot he was in that but he also teamed up with Nightshade so there's your one Black Super Villain Team-Up.
    he showed up in that Iron Man: Armored Adventure or whatever too I think
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I wondered if Shaw's scan of that Avengers was the last time he showed up and please, feel free to check my internet math. But I show 22 appearances for Moses Magnum, who debuted in 1975.

One you can't even count cause that was in Classic X-Men (the issue I first saw him on the spinner rack back in the day).
    5 appearances were cause McDuffie, may he rest in peace, wrote them (for Deathlok)... in freakin' 1993.
    9 years after Avengers 9 scanned above (1998 - 2007) I guess he popped his head in Civil War: Battle Damage Report, so a side book. A couple pops in Dark Wolverine in 2009 and most recently to my surprise, the most recent Shuri series in 4 and 5. Now I gotta go and find those.

So in essence, in 45 years arguably the best POC foil ever peaked in 1979. As an aside, I do have Power Man Annual #1 and I forgot he was in that but he also teamed up with Nightshade so there's your one Black Super Villain Team-Up.
    Skip Daken issues that was major bs jobbing so appeared and some Iron Man book before Shuri issues where he was written pretty good

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Which "franchise' owns Moses? Is he Spider-Man or X-men or ?
    Pretty much everyone.

Luke Cage, Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers are a good bunch of foes to have against you.

Moses Magnum should be in live action. As a kid, he gave me evil Maurice White (RIP) vibes with his outfits, and that hairline.

Moses also has a history with Apocalypse.

This guy can take on heavyweights, and can be presented as a team buster, if written properly.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-28-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I kinda remember this, I think I actually collected it. When Aquaman had his water hand, he decided to help Manta, who was still in his humanoid Manta form from the Neron Underworld Unleashed storyline. The water hand (which was magical) showed Arthur that Manta was really autistic, and only comfortable in water. So he used his hand to both give him his human form back, and to heal his autism. Manta was grateful and became a ally, or so it seemed. I just remembered it ended with Manta almost killing Arthur, telling him he's just evil autism or no autism.

Now, with DC doing the reboot dance often, I have no idea if any of that is still in continuity despite being recent (2000s or 2010s).
    Lets see DC had a bunch but so many were one timers.

Crowbar-who did appear in cartoons and got some development in Justice League Detroit. However New 52 had him do a cameo in Vibe and got killed off.

Black Manta's sidekick (Carl) turned good and hung around Aquaman and he was on Young Justice. He became the mayor of Sub Diego in Aquaman.

Steel had a few including one guy who was a war vet and a DENTIST. He was bad that he cut off his own arms and replaced them with cyborg limbs. Guess what his name was... AL Bundy.

Wonder Woman faced a married couple and the woman died in the first issue and I THINK he's still around.

Batman had one who was Firefly (I think) and a white guy took his suit.

Superman had at least two Hearse and Strong Box.

Impulse had one Pocket Pal-who looked like STATIC- interesting enough the writer was McDuffie, artist was Eric Battle (Kobalt), inker Prentis Rollins and editor was Jackie Ching. It was a Milestone book in disguise.

https://www.deviantart.com/skyvolt20...ixed-848629892

Some are here from a project of mine.

Front row (left to Right)
    Bleak Michael (Batgirl villain)Think Phil Lamarr with white hair.
    Bamboo Monkey (Green Arrow-Conner version villain deceased)
    Joey N'Bobo (Batgirl Cassandra Cain/Richard Dragon villain killed by Lady Shiva for the heck of it)
    Iceberg (Resurrection Man)
    Lightweaver (Justice League killed by Guy Gardner)

Row 2
    Cyborgirl (Wonder Woman/Cyborg foe)
    Black Spider (Batman)
    Hack (Suicide Squad member later killed by Cap Cold)
    Peek-A-Boo (Flash)
    Painkiller (Black Lightning-this is NOT the tv version of him but the 1995 one)

Row 3
    Black Manta
    Grey Lora (Suicide Squad)
    Tobias Whale (Black Lightning-comic version not tv one)
    Father Lost (Batwing-David version not Luke Fox)

Also from Steel's comic:
    White Rabbit (Angora Lapin)
    Skorpio (Dennis Ellis)
    and Steel's own brother, Clay "Crash" Irons (Natasha Irons's father).

Invincible Member

There's a number of old minority super villains that could be revamped, but the editors and writers would have to care about them in the first place for that to happen. Even in a minority led title, the writers these days are more likely to either create a new character or just borrow a villain from another title.

Tomb Raider 2 Gets Lovecraft Country Director Misha Green

According to Deadline, MGM has hired Misha Green to write and direct Tomb Raider 2. Green most recently helped create, write, and direct HBO's sci-fi series Lovecraft Country. She directed the eighth episode of Lovecraft Country, but Tomb Raider 2 will be Green's feature directorial debut. Her other writing credits include Underground, Sons of Anarchy, and Heroes.
    https://screenrant.com/tomb-raider-2...r-misha-green/

Following the Capitol Insurrection, White Nationalist Novels Surge In Popularity.

https://jezebel.com/following-the-ca...t-n-1846156574

CBC Cancels ‘Trickster’ Following Director Michelle Latimer’s Indigenous Identity Scandal

Canadian television has suffered another blow in the wake of the Michelle Latimer scandal. Following the revelation that the “Trickster” director and producer is not of Aboriginal descent, as she previously claimed, public broadcaster CBC has decided not to move forward with a second season of the series.

“We have had many conversations over the last few weeks with a view to continuing production on a second season of ‘Trickster.’ Those conversations included producers, writers, actors and the author of the books on which ‘Trickster’ is based,” CBC said in a statement. “Fully respecting everyone’s perspective, season two will not move forward as planned unfortunately.”
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/t...er-1234895893/

T.I. and his wife respond to allegations of sexual abuse.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/t-i...ons-1846166784

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    CBC Cancels ‘Trickster’ Following Director Michelle Latimer’s Indigenous Identity Scandal

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/t...er-1234895893/
    Gotta be joking folks couldn’t look at this white women & tell she’s a white woman form jump, more like they didn’t care till she got caught like a lot white folks & others folks pretending to indigenous & or African/Black.. Should just have brought back the show with some actual indigenous ppl in that role..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Gotta be joking folks couldn’t look at this white women & tell she’s a white woman form jump, more like they didn’t care till she got caught like a lot white folks & others folks pretending to indigenous & or African/Black.. Should just have brought back the show with some actual indigenous ppl in that role..
    They probably just thought she was white passing as opposed to being white. If Rachel Dolezal could fool people into thinking she was black...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They probably just thought she was white passing as opposed to being white. If Rachel Dolezal could fool people into thinking she was black...
    That’s part of the problem to they quick to hiring white passing to much for roles like this.. smfh

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    She was the director and producer she wasn't in a role, no recast needed.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting