Page 460 of 827 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sure, but the movie paints normal people as the rural folks who go deer hunting and what not. These kids with their black hair and their cell phones and apps are a menace!
    Lol, using the tools of the enemy to point out how bad the enemy is. The only way to make it better is if the rural folks were Amish.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm just reading that Jaleel White was never invited to the Emmys. In fact, he was even told to forget about Emmy consideration in its entirety.

To quote the Dave Chappelle show "this racism is killing me inside"...
    Was Jaleel in the “Pussy Posse?” I would see him in clips hanging out court side and other stuff with Leonardo DiCaprio and Toby MacGuire back in the day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    zach synder would be "we live in a society" in a JL movie
    The first shot of the trailer is a freeze frame of Superman with a hole in his chest. Then a burning city. Then a wasteland.

The whole thing comes off as self parody except he's actually dead serious.

And why does Joker look like a Clinically Depressed Circus Clown?

It's actually worse than the Suicide Squad look and...I legit didn't think that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Like what was done to Redjack-STILL? If it is not Hal Jordan fans, it's X-Men fans doing it. He is not saying anything OTHERS have said in the past.
    Dissing or writing a fictional character poorly is far less serious than what Timberlake is getting called out for.

These comments were freaking predictable.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Dissing or writing a fictional character poorly is far less serious than what Timberlake is getting called out for.
    What did Justin Timberlake do that’s so serious? He made a song and a video about his ex-girlfriend cheating on him. He’s pretty right to be hurt about be cheated on and these guys were both in their early 20s then. Taking it further, a TON of pop stars have made videos about their exes from Taylor Swift to Rihanna to Mariah Carey to Eminem to Michael Jackson, why aren’t they being asked to apologize? (aside from Jackson because he’s dead) It’s been a staple of pop musicians to make songs about their love lives real or fictional...why the selective application of the outrage? For stuff that happened almost 20 years ago amongst fairly young musicians?

The Janet Jackson thing comes back to my comment about cancel culture. Janet was totally cancelled after the Super Bowl performance and her career never really recovered. The incident at the Super bowl was accidental (from what both Justin and Janet have said) and Justin actually apologized for it back then. Janet got the bulk of the heat because a) she’s a woman’s) she’s black, 2 things the puritanical right loathe. Now, Justin was 100% right to apologize to Janet and he really should have spoke out for her more back then.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-14-2021 at 10:30 PM.

What did Justin Timberlake do thatÂ’s so serious? He made a song and a video about his ex-girlfriend cheating on him. HeÂ’s pretty right to be hurt about be cheated on and these guys were both in their early 20s then.
    There is no evidence that Britney cheated on Justin. Neither of them has stated that their relationship ended because of infidelity on either of their parts. People just latched onto the narrative that Britney cheated on him because of "Cry Me A River". And yes, plenty of singers do make songs about their former partners cheating on them but those partners tend to not end up getting ripped apart in the media. The reason Timberlake is getting eviscerated now is because of his actions and inaction that played a part, however unintentionally, in Spears getting railroaded in the media.

Hell, Justin's been rumored to have cheated on his wife and hasn't got anywhere near the backlash Britney got over her allegedly cheating on him.

The Janet Jackson thing comes back to my comment about cancel culture. Janet was totally cancelled after the Super Bowl performance and her career never really recovered. The incident at the Super bowl was accidental (from what both Justin and Janet have said) and Justin actually apologized for it back then. Janet got the bulk of the heat because a) sheÂ’s a womanÂ’s) sheÂ’s black, 2 things the puritanical right loathe. Now, Justin was 100% right to apologize to Janet and he really should have spoke out for her more back then.
    This I agree with.

To be clear, I don't think Justin should be cancelled over this and I do respect that he is speaking out now, even if it might have been too late. When it comes to Spears and Janet, there are people much more to blame for them getting screwed over.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-15-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Can someone explain to me why people think pairing Finn with Rey was more revolutionary than pairing him with Rose? Black guy/white girl relationships are about as safe as you can get when it comes to interracial relationships in Hollywood and black/Asian interracial relationships aren't exactly common in media.

Ultimate Member

There is no evidence that Britney cheated on Justin. Neither of them has stated that their relationship ended because of infidelity on either of their parts. People just latched onto the narrative that Britney cheated on him because of "Cry Me A River". And yes, plenty of singers do make songs about their former partners cheating on them but those partners tend to not end up getting ripped apart in the media. The reason Timberlake is getting eviscerated now is because of his actions and inaction that played a part, however unintentionally, in Spears getting railroaded in the media.

Hell, Justin's been rumored to have cheated on his wife and hasn't got anywhere near the backlash Britney got over her cheating on him.
    Fair enough.

Spears wasn't really attacked for cheating on/or being accused of cheating on Justin. It's been a while but I don't remember anyone attacking Spears for Cry Me A River. At least, it's nothing compared to what the "Beyhive" or Nicki Minaj "Barbies" do nowadays...although I have to point out social media wasn't a thing yet back then. To me, Justin's and Britney's actions were simply childish and I don't see why Justin has to apologize for his years after.

Spears had a METRIC ton of issues back then a lot of them stemming from a lot of issues in her personal life AFTER her relationship with Timberlake. Most (but not all) of the ridicule/criticism of Spears came from 1) her very public meltdown around that time period 2) for insane public actions from physically attacking reporters with golf clubs to endangering one her kids (she literally lost custody of her kids) 3) her slurred performance at some awards ceremonies.

A lot of stuff coming up right now is from her fans and its being picked up by the media that's very quick to twist virtually every issue around women and minorities into tales of "victimhood". I mean, people are digging up comedy routines and virtually EVERYONE that said something bad about Spears which is....something to say the least. I am very weary about one-sided narratives which is what we are seeing right now and even more weary about revisionism. But good on Justin for apologizing to Spears, God knows if I were in those shoes I wouldn't. I've been in bad relationships (and so far it wasn't abusive) I feel no need to apologize to my ex-partners whether they cheated on me or not.

To be clear, I don't think Justin should be cancelled over this and I do respect that he is speaking out now, even if it might have been too late. When it comes to Spears and Janet, there are people much more to blame for them getting screwed over.
    Yeah. Spears still had a pretty massive and eventful career after all the Timberlake drama, Janet Jackson did NOT. She pretty much lost her career.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-15-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Ultimate Member

Can someone explain to me why people think pairing Finn with Rey was more revolutionary than pairing him with Rose? Black guy/white girl relationships are about as safe as you can get when it comes to interracial relationships in Hollywood and black/Asian interracial relationships aren't exactly common in media.
    Speaking personally, the problem was they didn't pair Finn with anyone. TFA seemed to be setting up something between Finn and Rey but nothing came out of it.

Worse still was the fact that Rose was cast aside and Rey was in an "entanglement" with Kylo Ren.

Why couldn't Finn get paired with Jhenna for that matter. Finn is pretty much the stalwart Black friend who will risk life and limb to save his friends to show how loyal and reliable he is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Why couldn't Finn get paired with Jhenna for that matter. Finn is pretty much the stalwart Black friend who will risk life and limb to save his friends to show how loyal and reliable he is.
    Yep.

The trusty black support that always used to get killed off in those 80s actions movies.

Yep.

The trusty black support that always used to get killed off in those 80s actions movies.
    And never in a relationship.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    And never in a relationship.
    Exactly.

And always marvelled at the situation "hey man!.."I ain't time for this **** man"...."Lord have mercy'!!

Exactly.

And always marvelled at the situation "hey man!.."I ain't time for this **** man"...."Lord have mercy'!!
    Lol, you must have the script in front of you.