Page 461 of 827 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can someone explain to me why people think pairing Finn with Rey was more revolutionary than pairing him with Rose?
    Do people say that?

I thought people just didn't like Rose lol. Obviously the 4chan crowd hated her, but I am just talking about normal people with normal brains. Her character sucked.

The story was setting up Finn/Rey and then they decided Rey/Kylo was going to be a thing for some unknown reason so they changed that... but no one told Finn lol. so he still spent the whole time trying to get with Rey while Rey wanted Ben.

But, anyway, there would be nothing "revolutionary" about Finn/Rose anyway because thye were discarded side characters. If they were THE characters, then yeah, maybe.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The first shot of the trailer is a freeze frame of Superman with a hole in his chest. Then a burning city. Then a wasteland.

The whole thing comes off as self parody except he's actually dead serious.

And why does Joker look like a Clinically Depressed Circus Clown?

It's actually worse than the Suicide Squad look and...I legit didn't think that was possible.
    I have a free 2 week HBO max thing, so I may watch it out of morbid curiousity. I was gonna save it for Godzilla vs Kong but now that I got my second vaccine shot, I'm going to the movie theater to wtach it.

The only reason I am curious is becaus eI want to know WTH he was trying to set up with BvS. I am pretty sure I won't like what he is trying to set up and I am pretty sure I will get bored about an hour into the... 4 hours wtf????? but it has got to be better than the monster mashup JL we got. Right?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Lol, you must have the script in front of you.
    Lololol...I grew up in the “VHS” era and watched a lot of action movies. Both cinema releases and DTV.

Even in my younger days, I realized just how corny black people were treated in those films.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I have a free 2 week HBO max thing, so I may watch it out of morbid curiousity. I was gonna save it for Godzilla vs Kong but now that I got my second vaccine shot, I'm going to the movie theater to wtach it.

The only reason I am curious is becaus eI want to know WTH he was trying to set up with BvS. I am pretty sure I won't like what he is trying to set up and I am pretty sure I will get bored about an hour into the... 4 hours wtf????? but it has got to be better than the monster mashup JL we got. Right?
    Wait, i thought JL is a series?

Is it a movie again?

Do people say that?

I thought people just didn't like Rose lol. Obviously the 4chan crowd hated her, but I am just talking about normal people with normal brains. Her character sucked.

The story was setting up Finn/Rey and then they decided Rey/Kylo was going to be a thing for some unknown reason so they changed that... but no one told Finn lol. so he still spent the whole time trying to get with Rey while Rey wanted Ben.

But, anyway, there would be nothing "revolutionary" about Finn/Rose anyway because thye were discarded side characters. If they were THE characters, then yeah, maybe.
    I think that happened because of those blasted shippers. They confused the violent tension between Rey and Kylo as romantic tension.

Shipper brain: "Rey and Ben have so much chemistry!"

Normal brain: "He tried to kill her twice and has invaded her mind without permission."

Shipper brain: "Ben may have done some bad things in the past, but he can be REDEEMED! Rey can save him through her love!"

Normal brain: "Kylo ren was an immature, violent, emotionally stunted murderer who was complicit in galactic level genocide and killed his own father, he'd be strung up for war crimes. Besides, doesn't that reinforce the idea that it's a woman's job to "fix" a man?"

Shipper brain: "Han came back as a force ghost and forgave Ben, Rey saved him, and got pregnant with his force baby!"

Normal brain: "Han wasn't force sensitive, that was Kylo Ren letting himself off the hook for killing his dad. The kiss was dumb, he still died, and reducing Rey to a breeding sow is gross as hell."

These shippers really don't have a good scope of what relationships are actually like, they need to go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think that happened because of those blasted shippers. They confused the violent tension between Rey and Kylo as romantic tension.

Normal brain: "He tried to kill her twice and has invaded her mind without permission."

Shipper brain: "Ben may have done some bad things in the past, but he can be REDEEMED! Rey can save him through her love!"

Normal brain: "Kylo ren was an immature, violent, emotionally stunted murderer who was complicit in galactic level genocide and killed his own father, he'd be strung up for war crimes. Besides, doesn't that reinforce the idea that it's a woman's job to "fix" a man?"

Shipper brain: "Han came back as a force ghost and forgave Ben, Rey saved him, and got pregnant with his force baby!"

Normal brain: "Han wasn't force sensitive, that was Kylo Ren letting himself off the hook for killing his dad. The kiss was dumb, he still died, and reducing Rey to a breeding sow is gross as hell."

These shippers really don't have a good scope of what relationships are actually like, they need to go outside.
    But if Rey and Ben(Brey?) don't hook up, how will we get the next Skywalker baby? How? How???

I feel like you can only do the "murderous genocidal evil guy gets redeemed at the last second bc he has a good heart" thing once without it just being like, "oh COME ON!"

I mean... at least Anakan had issues to overcome. Being a kid with no daddy, slave, started jedi training late, his savior got stabbed (ginn), weird relationship with some older chick, maninpulated by the stronger darkside user ever, mommy got murdered, SLJ side eying him every 2 seconds... I mean ****... the Jedi basically gave a very emotionally damaged kid super powers and a laser sword lol

(and yes, we found out all this stuff later. But with the OT, you could fanfic your own background before the PT told us everything. The original movies hinted he was good at one time before he was lost. You don't get thta luxury with the ST)

Ben is like a trust fund kid who decided to be edgy one day and wear all black and make deep IG posts.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-15-2021 at 07:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, people are far too obsessed with their favourite villains being redeemed.

Kylo killed his own father, nearly killed his own mother and yet people were still hoping for his redemption.

And the whole shipping thing is just "tumblr gone wild". Creators would do well to ignore that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Kylo killed his own father, nearly killed his own mother and yet people were still hoping for his redemption.

And the whole shipping thing is just "tumblr gone wild". Creators would do well to ignore that ****.
    Honestly, I don't see how they let Anakin back in the club. He's the worst villain in movie history. Yet he kills Palpatine and everyone is like, "We love you Anakin!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see how they let Anakin back in the club. He's the worst villain in movie history. Yet he kills Palpatine and everyone is like, "We love you Anakin!"
    I think with Anakin, you have the "tragic back story" and then you have a decade? of him being a great Jedi general... and then he falls.

The biggest problem with the prequels is that they didn't make his "fall" feel tragic. George wasn't good enough of writer or director. Starting him as a kid in Phantom Menance was a huge mistake.

Ben on the other hand has... ?????? Dude just chose to be emo lol. I am sure the comics on casual reads made him more sympathetic, but the movies just went "darkness in him, oh no Luke had a momentary lapse, EVIL TIME"

Say what now?

I feel like you can only do the "murderous genocidal evil guy gets redeemed at the last second bc he has a good heart" thing once without it just being like, "oh COME ON!"

I mean... at least Anakan had issues to overcome. Being a kid with no daddy, slave, started jedi training late, his savior got stabbed (ginn), weird relationship with some older chick, maninpulated by the stronger darkside user ever, mommy got murdered, SLJ side eying him every 2 seconds... I mean ****... the Jedi basically gave a very emotionally damaged kid super powers and a laser sword lol

(and yes, we found out all this stuff later. But with the OT, you could fanfic your own background before the PT told us everything. The original movies hinted he was good at one time before he was lost. You don't get thta luxury with the ST)

Ben is like a trust fund kid who decided to be edgy one day and wear all black and make deep IG posts.
    Revenge of the Sith came out when I was in high school, I got into an argument in with this girl in my french class who was upset that Anakin turned and was burned up on mustafar. I tried to explain that that's what was supposed to happen, that Vader's suit was a life support system, but she wasn't having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

It happened with Prince Zuko in avatar and now everybody and their brother wants it. They never seen another cartoon outside of it and they want everything to be Avatar. It's like Harry Potter in that it inspired an entire generation to read, but harry potter's the only book they ever read.

@Nate Grey. There are fans who legit believe that Kylo used the force to get Rey pregnant before he died. I make a lot of bad jokes on this thread, I wish that was one of them.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 02-15-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Revenge of the Sith came out when I was in high school, I got into an argument in with this girl in my french class who was upset that Anakin turned and was burned up on mustafar. I tried to explain that that's what was supposed to happen, that Vader's suit was a life support system, but she wasn't having it.

It happened with Prince Zuko in avatar and now everybody and their brother wants it. They never seen another cartoon outside of it and they want everything to be Avatar. It's like Harry Potter in that it inspired an entire generation to read, but harry potter's the only book they ever read.

@Nate Grey. There are fans who legit believe that Kylo used the force to get Rey pregnant before he died. I make a lot of bad jokes on this thread, I wish that was one of them.
    In fairness, Anakin's turn to the dark side was just horribly written. I wasn't even really a fan of the character -- the writing and directing of the him were both flat enough in the prequels that I found it pretty impossible to empathize -- but even I felt like his sudden turn to "Yes, Master..." was just discarding every aspect of his portrayal you'd established, up to that point. One minute he is struggling with his fears of losing Padme and the Council treating him badly, the next he's like screw it, less go slaughter some preschoolers. It really didn't make a ton of sense.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

It happened with Prince Zuko in avatar and now everybody and their brother wants it. They never seen another cartoon outside of it and they want everything to be Avatar.
    Those same fans beg for Azula to be redeemed as well. It is constant.

Just let bad guys be bad for godsake lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    In fairness, Anakin's turn to the dark side was just horribly written. I wasn't even really a fan of the character -- the writing and directing of the him were both flat enough in the prequels that I found it pretty impossible to empathize -- but even I felt like his sudden turn to "Yes, Master..." was just discarding every aspect of his portrayal you'd established, up to that point. One minute he is struggling with his fears of losing Padme and the Council treating him badly, the next he's like screw it, less go slaughter some preschoolers. It really didn't make a ton of sense.
    Phantom Menance should have had Anakin already 20 years old and just hinted at his shitty pass with flashbacks or characters talking.

Then you'd get 3ish movies of real Anakin.

But yeah... what should have "turned" anakin was him going ham on those sand people. You should have made the massacre even larger, and the Jedi council should have found out and instead of being understanding, charged him as a criminal. Palpatine saves him, creating Darth Vader. Anything would have been better than, "i just discovered the super bad sith lord, or no, Mace is about to end him... i better stop him so he can maybe sorta save padme in case she maybe sorta dies. Ok, child slaughtering time!"

(or just completley rewrite all three bad movies lol)