Page 47 of 826 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147547 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It will be interesting to see how Phastos is portrayed in the Eternals film, and who will get the role.

I welcome a super-powered black god-man (thanks, Drax).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Phastos is portrayed in the Eternals film, and who will get the role.

I welcome a super-powered black god-man (thanks, Drax).

Brian J. White?

Bill Cosby sentenced to 3-10 years in prison.

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news...ing/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Bill Cosby sentenced to 3-10 years in prison.

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news...ing/index.html
    So he will spend SOME time behind bars... yikes. I mean #metoo is one thing and being a general ******* to smaller people working under is one thing but when you chemically induce bihs, that's something else. He ain't no fucking anesthesiologist, somebody could have and it's a wonder no one did, die during one of his assaults.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    So he will spend SOME time behind bars... yikes. I mean #metoo is one thing and being a general ******* to smaller people working under is one thing but when you chemically induce bihs, that's something else. He ain't no fucking anesthesiologist, somebody could have and it's a wonder no one did, die during one of his assaults.
    Yea, he was in chains. One of the legal commentators said they put them on, because he could be threat.

Extraordinary Member

I've been wondering about that Quaalude stuff.

You wouldn't think "Bill Cosby" and "Chemical Depressant abuse" going together until now.

Then I remember the MFer came up in the 60's.

Then it all made a fucked up kind of sense considering the amount of indulging that was going around.

Cosby was a Comedian trying to score like he was Jimi Hendrix (not that that is an excuse).

It's disturbing to think exactly HOW MUCH of that **** must have been going on in the 60's-to the mid 80's that we know nothing about.

Hippie singer/songwriter Donavan talked about dosing a woman without her consent in one of his songs(with LSD of course). An ex of his confirmed this happened to her and she didn't speak to him for years because of it.
    Bette Midller is on record as stating that Geraldo Rivera and his cameraman pulled Cosby on her back in the day(she's never pressed charges).

Drugs and booze were/are flying around the entertainment biz like water and if one of those famous SOBs had the slightest inkling that a hippy chick they wanted WASN'T gonna put out they probably had something for that.

Ladies might have very well been throwing themselves at guys like Jimi Hendrix willingly(I'm assuming), but what about all the other entertainers who didn't have it like that? Did they just say "Aw, Shucks" and go to bed early?

Consider that right now might be the only moment in history where a woman's backstage/hotel room horror story MIGHT not be met with "Who told you to go backstage? What did you think was going to happen?"

I hope I'm wrong about this.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I've been wondering about that Quaalude stuff.

You wouldn't think "Bill Cosby" and "Chemical Depressant abuse" going together until now.

Then I remember the MFer came up in the 60's.

Then it all made a fucked up kind of sense considering the amount of indulging that was going around.

Cosby was a Comedian trying to score like he was Jimi Hendrix (not that that is an excuse).

It's disturbing to think exactly HOW MUCH of that **** must have been going on in the 60's-to the mid 80's that we know nothing about.

Hippie singer/songwriter Donavan talked about dosing a woman without her consent in one of his songs(with LSD of course). An ex of his confirmed this happened to her and she didn't speak to him for years because of it.
    Bette Midller is on record as stating that Geraldo Rivera and his cameraman pulled Cosby on her back in the day(she's never pressed charges).

Drugs and booze were/are flying around the entertainment biz like water and if one of those famous SOBs had the slightest inkling that a hippy chick they wanted WASN'T gonna put out they probably had something for that.

Ladies might have very well been throwing themselves at guys like Jimi Hendrix willingly(I'm assuming), but what about all the other entertainers who didn't have it like that? Did they just say "Aw, Shucks" and go to bed early?

Consider that right now might be the only moment in history where a woman's backstage/hotel room horror story MIGHT not be met with "Who told you to go backstage? What did you think was going to happen?"

I hope I'm wrong about this.
    I have no doubt that it was probably rampant. And like you point out, what could a woman say back then? Unless it was like a Richard Speck thing where you literally got dragged off the street, people didn't take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I have no doubt that it was probably rampant. And like you point out, what could a woman say back then? Unless it was like a Richard Speck thing where you literally got dragged off the street, people didn't take it seriously.
    They barely take it seriously now
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The reason why stuff like this happened and people got away with it was really made very apparent to me with this verdict. I always knew it was victim blaming, but it was made very real for me when the verdict dropped and I heard reactions of the older women in my family. All these women with daughters, grand daughters, or some close female family getting so angry at the verdict that you'd think someone had personally wronged them, it's no wonder women didn't come forward when they couldn't even rely on other women to support them.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The reason why stuff like this happened and people got away with it was really made very apparent to me with this verdict. I always knew it was victim blaming, but it was made very real for me when the verdict dropped and I heard reactions of the older women in my family. All these women with daughters, grand daughters, or some close female family getting so angry at the verdict that you'd think someone had personally wronged them, it's no wonder women didn't come forward when they couldn't even rely on other women to support them.
    Wait, they weren't mad because it was such a light sentencing? They were mad over him getting sentenced, period? Daaaaamn. You'd think women would be happy when an old rapist gets sent to jail.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Well Cyborg finally was done Justice (no pun intended) with JLO, written as the leader of the group, the JLO series is literally one of the only things exciting about DC currently. It's just sad that Sejic got kicked off of the book, I did some research on the replacement artist and sadly he's no Sejic (not by a long shot.) I can only hope the writing maintains course, but the JLO provides a perfect example of his "titan" ties have very little to do with him being successful as a character (though the book does have star fire, there isn't any titans history being brought up.) You write Cyborg like the way he's meant to be, and he can shine.

In a lot of way's we're a broken people. Bill Cosby has a sea of supporters. Many who doubt the accusers, doubt the accusations and mostly doubt the system that executed the judgement (not much by way of doubting his legal team's defense strategy ironically enough though). A glancing check of ANY of the socials will uphold that narrative and that's before you talk to actual live humans who aren't behind a keyboard or phone. This is the fruit that American inequity has yielded all these many, many decades. There is no justice, it's just us' to quote my favorite Cross Colors hoodie from back in the day. Most of it comes from women too, like Dragonick said. To many it will be taken as a cultural slight and further evidence of a system built to railroad black men. Me personally, for so many cases I can make many parallels to all those sentiments AND MORE... but in particular I can't and won't for Bill Cosby.

That said, idk, kinda makes it easier to sit through an old episode of The Cosby Show that I wouldn't have otherwise before his conviction. Not saying I'm seeking them out now but if I run into one in passing it's not an automatic 'hell naw' anymore.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Wait, they weren't mad because it was such a light sentencing? They were mad over him getting sentenced, period? Daaaaamn. You'd think women would be happy when an old rapist gets sent to jail.
    The newest narrative rolling through social media ATM is that of course a black man would be the only one put behind bars for stuff like this while allt he poweful white dude just disappear from the public eye for awhile and move on.

And that the accusations were just a money thing and most of the woman were lying.

*shrug*
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Yeah, I really saw the exact changing point in the generations through the various reactions; the anger came from people like my grand mother who's a year younger than Cosby down to a cousin who's in her sixties and the relief started from my mother who's fifty-six down to the younger women in my life. It would almost be interesting if it didn't involve women I respect so much showing such an unpleasant side of themselves.

In a lot of way's we're a broken people. Bill Cosby has a sea of supporters. Many who doubt the accusers, doubt the accusations and mostly doubt the system that executed the judgement (not much by way of doubting his legal team's defense strategy ironically enough though). A glancing check of ANY of the socials will uphold that narrative and that's before you talk to actual live humans who aren't behind a keyboard or phone. This is the fruit that American inequity has yielded all these many, many decades. There is no justice, it's just us' to quote my favorite Cross Colors hoodie from back in the day. Most of it comes from women too, like Dragonick said. To many it will be taken as a cultural slight and further evidence of a system built to railroad black men. Me personally, for so many cases I can make many parallels to all those sentiments AND MORE... but in particular I can't and won't for Bill Cosby.

That said, idk, kinda makes it easier to sit through an old episode of The Cosby Show that I wouldn't have otherwise before his conviction. Not saying I'm seeking them out now but if I run into one in passing it's not an automatic 'hell naw' anymore.
    This argument always bothers me for two reasons the first is that Cosby was the first one to really kick off this movement and it has taken years just to get this small conviction. The second is that when this happens to black women this same still comes up, where's the concern for black women?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The newest narrative rolling through social media ATM is that of course a black man would be the only one put behind bars for stuff like this while allt he poweful white dude just disappear from the public eye for awhile and move on.

And that the accusations were just a money thing and most of the woman were lying.

*shrug*
    Whenever that argument comes up I just ask if they can even name three women off the top of their heads, who wasn't already famous, who came forward about any of these acusations about any man. I mean if they got any money or some level of fame you'd think it would be easy such a small number people; and to be very kind about it nine times out of ten I'm with silence.

Never mind that there are far easier ways to scam money out of someone than a false rape accusation. Mainly because it is often the accuser that gets put under a bigger microscope than the accused.