Page 48 of 828 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Wait, they weren't mad because it was such a light sentencing? They were mad over him getting sentenced, period? Daaaaamn. You'd think women would be happy when an old rapist gets sent to jail.
    I think some of it is hero worship, "I refuse to believe this person I hold in high regard could do anything wrong, especially in light of the positive things he's done." And part of it is some women believing the "conservative" idea that women shouldn't have too much autonomy in certain space and if they do they're "bad women" and as such they're just asking for trouble.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Never mind that there are far easier ways to scam money out of someone than a false rape accusation. Mainly because it is often the accuser that gets put under a bigger microscope than the accused.
    The one thing everybody knew about Bill Cosby is that he's a married man. Even if you were one of those that thought he was really married to Phylicia Rashad.

So anybody in a position to get raped by him is already a Home wrecking Jezebel in many people's minds.

So trying to prosecute Cosby for many years was as good as stamping a scarlet letter on their own foreheads and that's before Cosby's Million Dollar lawyers get thru with them.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.yourbasin.com/news/texas...oks/1464429037

Oh this is NOT the first time a person running for President was suggested to be REMOVED from books.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-b...ies-textbooks/

FYI while a President is in office-we are required to discuss him. Once he is out-all bets are OFF.
    FYI, Clinton wasn't even the first woman to run for President. She was only the first to get a major party nomination. Many other women had their names on the ballot before her, from abolitionist and early feminist Victoria Woodhull, to Shirley Chisholm, to, well, Jill Stein.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    FYI, Clinton wasn't even the first woman to run for President. She was only the first to get a major party nomination. Many other women had their names on the ballot before her, from abolitionist and early feminist Victoria Woodhull, to Shirley Chisholm, to, well, Jill Stein.
    Victoria Woodhull-this is the FIRST time I have ever heard of this woman. Aside from Chisholm-none of the history books in my state and that includes when I was in school.
    Just looking her up and National Equal Rights Party NONE of that was ever mentioned.

Thanks for mentioning her.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Victoria Woodhull-this is the FIRST time I have ever heard of this woman. Aside from Chisholm-none of the history books in my state and that includes when I was in school.
    Just looking her up and National Equal Rights Party NONE of that was ever mentioned.

Thanks for mentioning her.
    Any time. I find that most schools' history curricula really only provide at most a cursory, SparkNotes education in history. To even learn enough, it takes really digging into the "specialized" fields like women's history, military history, Black history, and world history that really is world history instead of just covering Greece, Rome, and maybe some Egypt.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The newest narrative rolling through social media ATM is that of course a black man would be the only one put behind bars for stuff like this while allt he poweful white dude just disappear from the public eye for awhile and move on.

And that the accusations were just a money thing and most of the woman were lying.

*shrug*
    To me, it's crazy that some women would apply that "can't get away with nuthin" mentality to someone accused of sex crimes, with strong evidence to support it. Wonder what they'll say after Jameis Winston becomes the new Darren Sharper.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

https://www.cbr.com/heroes-in-crisis...ampaign=CBR-TW

IF Marvel did this.....

The gatekeepers and freaks of Twitter would be out in force going after Marvel.

Sad thing is this is what he will be known for as most of the stories with Hotspot are not in trades.

Oh well sit back and wait for the crap storm if that Green Lantern is Kyle or Simon Baz.

I honestly wonder how they choose which C or D listers to kill in these events. I mean it's all pointless to kill them, they're low level heroes so them dying isn't going to much of a disturbance in or out of universe. And it doesn't matter if they get brought back to life or not because most of the time they were in limbo anyway so there's no real change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I honestly wonder how they choose which C or D listers to kill in these events. I mean it's all pointless to kill them, they're low level heroes so them dying isn't going to much of a disturbance in or out of universe. And it doesn't matter if they get brought back to life or not because most of the time they were in limbo anyway so there's no real change.
    They even referenced this back in Infinite Crisis, where Beast Boy rather bluntly said that nobody was gonna remember the people who'd died like Bushido and Pantha.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They even referenced this back in Infinite Crisis, where Beast Boy rather bluntly said that nobody was gonna remember the people who'd died like Bushido and Pantha.
    Why is DC so obsessed with killing off Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've killed off most of the really popular Justice Leaguers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Teen Titans arguably started DC's murder boner back in the 80s with the whole Judas Contract finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Teen Titans arguably started DC's murder boner back in the 80s with the whole Judas Contract finale.
    I don't know about that. It was just one Titan who died and she was a villain. I'd say it was Titans Hunt that started or Crisis On Infinite Earths.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    White European/American girls are becoming popular in Japanese anime such as Princess Lover!, Campione!, Tada Never Falls in Love (Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai)

There is Jessica Kaios (Little Battle Experience W); Sandy McDougal (Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club); Olivia (Asobi Asobase); Alice Cartelet (Kin-iro Mosaic); Erica Blandelli (Campione!); Emily Dawn (Gamble Fish); etc.
    Sorry, is this something new? I'm pretty sure their fixation on white blondes goes back a lot further than Little Battlers Experience.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Jurnee Smollett-Bell has been cast as Black Canary.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/birds-of-pre...ary-1829338816