Page 484 of 827 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 12404

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Eh, I know of Hamilton, I also know of James Blake who was pretty good as a professional tennis player. Dudes also arguably equally as famous for getting slammed on the ground by the cops. Am I more sympathetic to Blake over Lewis Hamilton just because of his success, I'm not. No question Hamilton has been in the intentional earshot of many a N-bombs over his life just in competing, I'm not going to discount him just because he's crushing it. I love sports and those worlds are different, I'm even at a loss as to who I can comparatively parallel Lewis Hamilton. The sports outside of the major 3 (4 if you count NHL but c'mon, they have their strong biases too) is really tough to shine if you're Black. Specially when you have to factor in sponsorships and teams. Those cats like Bubba Wallace have to market themselves in a way the brothas in the NFL and NBA never have to.

I feel you though, on the basic level of rooting for a super winner lol, that's real. I've had to unclench my own personal Arthur fist on several occasions when dealing with Black New England Patriot fans... I will say Lewis Hamilton could get me to watch a piece of an F1 race in a way Schumacher never could. Big up to him.
    Last season, which was shorter cause of Covid, most of the races were HAM-BOT-VER on podium. Hamilton on pole, his partner Valterri Bottas (they drive for Mercedes) in second, and Red Bull driver Max Verstappen third. I like Max even though he looks mad all the time. I only got in to F1 because I accidently subscribed to the subreddit, and I decided to follow a real sport instead of wrestling. I only really got excited two times last season, when Pierre Gasly took Monza, and seeing George Russell drive his ass off. Russell filled in for Hamilton when he got covid, he's fine now though. I forgot which race it was though.

The new season is about to start, the Bahrain GP is the last weekend of the month.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 03-12-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The disastrous Iraq/Afghanistan/Whoeverhasoil never ending "conflict" is the gift that keeps on giving.

Not to mention the 2008 recession.

Electing a dumbass (with smart evil people around him) lead to people accepting a dumbass like Palin which lead to people accepting a dumbass like Trump .

Luckily, Trump was too stupid to do anything long term as disastrous as Bush, unless this rise in racist nationalism just keeps growing. The worse thing about Trumps 4 years will likely be the supreme court, which isn't really him, but Moscow Mitch
    GWB was disastrous to the world as a whole while Trump was disastrous to only Americans.

Our population is about 50 million more than Indonesia's but we have over 10× the Covid fatalities. And this is an alleged 1st world nation. Willful malfeasance doesn't begin to describe it.

Besides the Supreme Court there is also the issue that for every 10 of those cosplayer insurrectionists that were emboldened by Trump there's likely one or two actually dangerous Right Wing terrorists out there and now they know they can get away with literal murder and get not much more than a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    GWB was disastrous to the world as a whole while Trump was disastrous to only Americans.

Our population is about 50 million more than Indonesia's but we have over 10× the Covid fatalities. And this is an alleged 1st world nation. Willful malfeasance doesn't begin to describe it.

Besides the Supreme Court there is also the issue that for every 10 of those cosplayer insurrectionists that were emboldened by Trump there's likely one or two actually dangerous Right Wing terrorists out there and now they know they can get away with literal murder and get not much more than a slap on the wrist.
    Yah, I really think it's a little early to say we know exactly how much harm came from Trump's administration. You know, it's not like we had the full picture of the disaster of W, by 2004. There is the difference of course that he unfortunately had another full term left to continue fucking things up, at that point ... for that matter though, we can't say for sure that Trump won't get a second term in 2024. If he did, I would have no trouble at all imagining that the overall damage of his two terms would end up making the Bush2 administration look like amateur hour.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Lewis Hamilton is a 7 time world champion F1 driver. He's probably going to break Michael Schumacher's title record this year, he broke his win record last year. He's black and he's put up with a lot of racism since his karting days. F1 is the ultimate elitist rich white boy sport. His talent is undeniable, but it's kind of hard for me to root for him because he wins so much.
    Exactly.

Just check how much racist abuse players in the English Premier League get in the UK where a good chunk of their "colored" players are biracial.

But about Lewis Hamilton, the dude is pretty much in a class of his own. He's on track to becoming THE greatest F1 driver of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Just check how much racist abuse players in the English Premier League get in the UK where a good chunk of their "colored" players are biracial.

But about Lewis Hamilton, the dude is pretty much in a class of his own. He's on track to becoming THE greatest F1 driver of all time.
    I know, he is an insanely talented driver among a field of insanely talented drivers. I'm happy for Lewis and all his success, but he's so good it's hard for me to root for him. Is he going to beat Schumacers's record? Probably. It's more fun to watch the midfield. Maybe that's why F1 isn't popular in the US, we like underdog/cinderella stories, probably why I loved Gasly's win in monza so much. The only american F1 driver I can immediately think of is Mario Andretti, I didn't even know he was still alive until last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yah, I really think it's a little early to say we know exactly how much harm came from Trump's administration. You know, it's not like we had the full picture of the disaster of W, by 2004. There is the difference of course that he unfortunately had another full term left to continue fucking things up, at that point ... for that matter though, we can't say for sure that Trump won't get a second term in 2024. If he did, I would have no trouble at all imagining that the overall damage of his two terms would end up making the Bush2 administration look like amateur hour.
    This is true.

I think the "worst" thing Trump could have possibly done is set the bar all the way at despicable... but this time, the descipable guy will know how the government actually works and isnt' a raging dumbass

so all the venom of trump but knowing how politics work.

Wont find that out for 4 years though

I fill like trump irreparably damaged a large voting base though.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-12-2021 at 02:25 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Credit to Perry where it is due, he provided security to Meghan and Harry when the Royal Family wouldn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I know, he is an insanely talented driver among a field of insanely talented drivers. I'm happy for Lewis and all his success, but he's so good it's hard for me to root for him. Is he going to beat Schumacers's record? Probably. It's more fun to watch the midfield. Maybe that's why F1 isn't popular in the US, we like underdog/cinderella stories, probably why I loved Gasly's win in monza so much. The only american F1 driver I can immediately think of is Mario Andretti, I didn't even know he was still alive until last year.
    Heh.

Americans stopped caring about F1 when they stopped winning championships in it, which was around '78 and Andretti.

The IndyCar people act like American always loved that Sport but it was the bastard stepson of F1 in the 60's and 70s.

We also saw this with Olympic Track and Field when the Joyner Sisters were winning the sport got followed by the media but after that...crickets.

Gymnastics is only as popular as it is because after Nadia Comaneci, the powers that be let her trainer do whatever it took to replicate his success with other girls and it got results in subsequent years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They want black people in their lane.

Be the MVP of the NBA, one of the top 5 greatest ever easily, win championships for multiple franchises (and billionaires)... cool.

speak out about politics at all? Shut up and Dribble Lebron
    Keep an eye on this...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/04/over...0000-nba-.html

Sports media company Overtime will start a basketball league that will pay youths at least $100,000 a year and provide them a stake in the company.

It will kick off next September with 30 players in an undisclosed location.

The company has investors including Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant, Portland Trail Blazers forward Carmelo Anthony and Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.

The Overtime Elite league will let players bypass traditional high school and collegiate levels while building their brand before becoming eligible for the NBA. It will start in September with 30 players, and will be based in a single location, which is still under discussion.

Should OTE players not pursue a professional career, it will provide an additional $100,000 for college tuition. But if youths do participate in the league, players lose their NCAA eligibility because they are receiving payment.

But David Stern was the most influential. He was the first investor in Overtime, helping it raise $2.5 million in 2017, three years before his death.

Red flag #1

OTE says it will provide top education, residences and training and will offer advanced analytics of players’ performance to help them improve.
    How? Until they state WHERE they are going to do this-there need to be questions.

To get top education you better be paying more than public and PRIVATE schools.

And are those teachers certified? Because as long as you have ONE certified teacher to sign off on grades-ANYONE can be a teacher in a classroom.

Gee who is this REALLY targeting?

No white parent (at least USA one) is going to do this.

Those prep leagues are NOT going to go for this.

You are aiming for ONE set of folks. Pookie who has been told he has to be the breadwinner and get into the pros.

Why not use Baseball or Hockey's models? Some of those kids get drafted and can still go to college or the minors. Even if they don't make the NHL or MLB rosters they can still have a long career.

Walter Jones will executive produce and star as Zack in a Power Rangers fanfilm inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement.

https://rangercrew.boards.net/post/40689

I'll take words I never thought I'd see for $2.95 please.

Seriously though, that does sound ambitious.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Charlie Hebdo's cartoon sparked some controversy.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post

Charlie Hebdo's cartoon sparked some controversy.
    Disgusting, tone death and nowhere near comparable

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Walter Jones will executive produce and star as Zack in a Power Rangers fanfilm inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement.

https://rangercrew.boards.net/post/40689

I'll take words I never thought I'd see for $2.95 please.

Seriously though, that does sound ambitious.
    WTF! Dudes 50 years old. Respect

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Disgusting, tone death and nowhere near comparable
    This isn’t the worst thing these guys have published.

I still remember the terrorist attack on them some years back. Some of the stuff they publish is really out there.

They are the “provocateurs” of French journalism and they give zero f..cks.

Ultimate Member

Just seeing the Grammy Awards winners.

Is it me but it seems it's the same people that win each and every year.

Every awards ceremony, it's the same faces.