Page 494 of 827 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 12395
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    And it is still heavily promoted today in Hollywood where Asians girls are STRICTLY with white boyfriend's in A Western made media (videogames, tv, movies, etc).
    Yet the reverse is far less often due to Eurocentric media stereotyping Asian women as attractive but Asian men as unattractive, which is entirely wrong. It's the underlying assumption in Eurocentric media of every woman wanting White men, for some reason

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Really, I thought she and Peter were already older than that when she "died", and at least a few years have passed since then. Still, it's a bit inappropriate, isn't it?
    Miles is 17 now.

If we take Gwen as a college Freshman-18-19.

Remember a lot of this is more due to Spiderverse movie and related comics that seem to have them all the same age.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Miles is 17 now.

If we take Gwen as a college Freshman-18-19.

Remember a lot of this is more due to Spiderverse movie and related comics that seem to have them all the same age.
    I guess so. It seems to me Spider-Man is kinda stuck being one age forever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I have the Avengers West comics with them as babies when it was revealed they were really parts of Mephisto's soul, and they were erased from Wanda's mind. I also collected Young Avengers during that comic's first run. What I don't have are the books explaining how they ended up back alive again in the first place with other families, initially thinking they were the kids of those other people. Were they adopted?
    This is about the best info/insight I could gather on this.

I think Mephisto absorbed the twins' souls but it destroyed all three of them, then they were reincarnated years later as separate boys in two separate families, and reunited in Young Avengers
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Two options at this point twins souls traveled back in time when they died and were reborn into separate families, but this means technically while they were "dying" they were being raised somewhere else in short time travel is BS. Second option when the twins died they overrided 2 existing boys body's basically killing them & taking their place while morphing those bodies on a molecular level giving them the appearance of twins.

Both options weird & disturbing as **** they should have just been adopted!
    It doesn't help their "parents" haven't actually aged up enough despite being around for 50+ years
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not that Wanda hasn't aged up enough. The ages were messed up from the start, this affects Wiccan, Speed and Hulkling. The writer of YA vol 1 didn't seem to realise that only about 14 years had passed in-universe since Fantastic Four #1. And logically, Billy and Tommy wouldn't have been born until about 8 years ago - and neither would Teddy who has to be from after the Kree-Skrull War started and Mar-Vell arrived on Earth. It took until Empyre for Teddy's to be explained (he was sent through space and time, and ended up arriving on Earth before Mar-Vell did).
    That was kinda my point. Maybe if Marvel heroes actually aged at closer to normal, they wouldn't have to worry about stuff like this. The twins were born in the mid-80s and appeared roughly 2 decades later as teens. That's enough time for SW and Vision to age enough to be parents of teens, had Marvel actually allowed instead of keeping them in perpetually vague early 30s

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Luke Cage, BLue Marvel.

Also Blade was close to having a daughter Fallon Grey, who might end up in his MCU movie.

Marvel was going to give Misty/Iron Fist a kid, but chickened out. She appears in future stories.

Other PoC offspring who show up in future stories are Black Panther/Storm children,Mikes/Gwen children, heck the whole reason Carol just broke up with Rhodey is that she met his future daughter with some other woman.
    Some of this has already been mention/covered.

Dani Cage isn't even a hero, and is rarely seen at that. Blue Marvel is also rarely seen, and between his 3 kids, one's powered-but-shelved-in-another-dimension (and is rarely seen), the second's a super-villain when he's not ambiguously on good terms with everyone (and is rarely seen), and the third's kind of left with the short end of the stick (and is rarely seen). So Blue Marvel has 3 kids and none of them are heroes, let alone legacies of Blue Marvel.

Everyone else mentioned really just hammers the whole point being made home, sadly.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-24-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This is about the best info/insight I could gather on this.
    I hope it helps.

Dani Cage isn't even a hero, and is rarely seen at that. Blue Marvel is also rarely seen, and between his 3 kids, one's powered-but-shelved-in-an-other-dimension (and is rarely seen), the second's a super-villain when he's not ambiguously on good terms with everyone (and is rarely seen(, and the third's kind of the left with the short end of the stick (and is rarely seen). So Blue Marvel as 3 kids and none of them are heroes, let alone legacies of Blue Marvel.

Everyone else mentioned really just hammers the whole point being made home, sadly.
    Yeah. Everyone's pointing out minor instances of PoC legacy children, and those are good, but do they have the impact of someone like Stature or Wiccan? Those are major legacy children but from entirely White families, and have many more stories than Power Man's daughter.

Ultimate Member

Yeah. Everyone's pointing out minor instances of PoC legacy children, and those are good, but do they have the impact of someone like Stature or Wiccan? Those are major legacy children but from entirely White families, and have many more stories than Power Man's daughter.
    Those two have folks that want or allowed to write about them without fits being thrown.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173924065.html

Wed, March 24, 2021, 12:39 PM·3 min read
    Sesame Street is updating its cast with two new Black Muppets, 5-year-old Wes and his father Elijah.

In a new clip from Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit media and educational organization behind the popular children's program, Wes and Elijah explain the concepts of melanin and race to Elmo.

"Elmo wants to know why Wes' skin is brown," the character asks as the trio look at different colored leaves in the park

"I know why, Elmo! My mom and dad told me, it's because of melanin, right Dad?" Wes responds.

"That's right," Elijah confirms, later adding, "Melanin is something that we each have inside our bodies that makes the outside of our bodies the skin color that it is. It also gives us our eye and our hair color."

Ultimate Member

That Elmo thing is...something

Regarding black legacy characters, there is also Goliath a.k.a. Tom Foster. He's Bill Foster's nephew, not his son, though.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Regarding black legacy characters, there is also Goliath a.k.a. Tom Foster. He's Bill Foster's nephew, not his son, though.
    That's true. How often does he appear?

Plus I don't think every hero needs to hold a solo to be good.
    Of course not.

But it is usually in books that focus on characters that start adding love interests and then rarely children.

They don't have time for that sort of stuff in team books, for the most part.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Dani Cage isn't even a hero, and is rarely seen at that. Blue Marvel is also rarely seen, and between his 3 kids, one's powered-but-shelved-in-another-dimension (and is rarely seen), the second's a super-villain when he's not ambiguously on good terms with everyone (and is rarely seen), and the third's kind of left with the short end of the stick (and is rarely seen). So Blue Marvel has 3 kids and none of them are heroes, let alone legacies of Blue Marvel.

Dani has more than one future story where she is Captain America to be fair.

And once again, this just goes back to not having any popular POC characters period. of course we never see BM's kids... we rarely see BM period lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Of course not.

But it is usually in books that focus on characters that start adding love interests and then rarely children.

They don't have time for that sort of stuff in team books, for the most part.
    I'll be honest, I don't care for love interests or children a whole lot. But, if White characters get them, all other PoC characters should as well, or none at all. At least Marvel should be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Dani has more than one future story where she is Captain America to be fair.

And once again, this just goes back to not having any popular POC characters period. of course we never see BM's kids... we rarely see BM period lol
    I assume you refer to Blue Marvel?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Now that u mention it...about "Don't throw stones"....Derrick Jaxn says hello!!
    Any man that shortens his name from "Jackson" to "Jaxn" is suspect already.

That guy is such a hypocrite.

Illinois city 1st in US to offer Black residents reparations

EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) — Using tax money from the sale of recreational marijuana, the Chicago suburb of Evanston has become the first U.S. city to make reparations available to its Black residents for past discrimination and the lingering effects of slavery.

Qualifying residents must either have lived in or been a direct descendant of a Black person who lived in Evanston between 1919 to 1969, or that person’s direct descendant, who suffered discrimination in housing because of city ordinances, policies or practices. Also, residents who also experienced discrimination due to the city’s policies or practices after 1969 can qualify.

Alderman Cicely Fleming, the lone vote against the plan, said she supports reparations, but what the City Council was debating is a housing plan that is being called reparations. She said the people should dictate the terms of how their grievances are repaired. Fleming described the program as paternalistic, and it assumes Black people can’t manage their own money.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.