Page 499 of 828 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 12408
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I would say so.
    Dear God, Chuck is one of the worst actors I've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It definitely affected it. But even then, I would have been fine with it and the character progression (I'm generally okay-ish with it now) if Sam didn't end up getting functionally demoted later. If he stayed Cap (with both Rayshaun and Joaquin unambiguously shown his proteges and with him and Misty unambiguously shown as a couple), I'd have been all for it.
    Agreed the main thing I’d change is would have made/still would make Rayshaun Sam nephew ethier a reworked Jody Casper (Sarah son) or Gideon son/Jim brother..

Donald Faison will be playing the Professor.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/30/powerp...drake-utonium/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Agreed the main thing I’d change is would have made/still would make Rayshaun Sam nephew ethier a reworked Jody Casper (Sarah son) or Gideon son/Jim brother..
    Interesting. Are there rumors/confirmation that Rayshaun was originally conceptualized as Sam's relative?

Would have definitely added another dimension to their relationship and made Rayshaun an example of a contemporarily active Black familial legacy hero.

Ultimate Member

https://shadowandact.com/marsai-mart...s-not-who-i-am

She is saying what a lot of us have been tired of seeing...

Marsai Martin revealed she won't do projects that deal with Black pain.

The actress and producer told The Hollywood Reporter that she has a rule about the types of projects she will produce.

"I have a couple of rules when you come into my office," she said. "When you come into my office don't give me this--I don't do Black pain. If it's Black pain I don't go for it because there's so many films and projects about that, so that's not who I am."

Martin's comments bring light to the ongoing conversation film viewers are having about the number of Hollywood projects about Black pain and trauma that get greenlit. While showing the brutal side of Black history is important, a lot of viewers are facing fatigue at constantly seeing Black death on-screen, particularly in the midst of real-life traumatic experiences happening to the Black community.

Interesting. Are there rumors/confirmation that Rayshaun was originally conceptualized as Sam's relative?
    I don't think so. Because they would have MILKED that somehow. Unless he's Sam's son that he never knew he had. Rayshaun's mom could have adopted him.

Or he's an undiscovered guy from Miles's universe.

Would have definitely added another dimension to their relationship and made Rayshaun an example of a contemporarily active Black familial legacy hero.
    No not that I know of , but was the 1st thing I thought of when I saw the character & think it would/would’ve help both character long term.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    No not that I know of , but was the 1st thing I thought of when I saw the character & think it would/would’ve help both character long term.
    That's definitely an intriguing thought. Mind elborating further?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://shadowandact.com/marsai-mart...s-not-who-i-am

She is saying what a lot of us have been tired of seeing...

I don't think so. Because they would have MILKED that somehow. Unless he's Sam's son that he never knew he had. Rayshaun's mom could have adopted him.

Or he's an undiscovered guy from Miles's universe.
    Agreed on the black pain issue.

Seriously, these “Hollywood progressives” should lose this obsession with portraying black people as victims. No doubt, there’s still grave injustices being meted out against black people but there are other narratives within the community that need telling. Hollywood is far too obsessed with the “power of victim hood” but that’s a discussion for another time and place.

Sometimes, we like all other people need an escape from the real life Trayvon Martins and George Floyd incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Seriously, these “Hollywood progressives” should lose this obsession with portraying black people as victims. No doubt, there’s still grave injustices being meted out against black people but there are other narratives within the community that need telling. Hollywood is far too obsessed with the “power of victim hood” but that’s a discussion for another time and place.

Sometimes, we like all other people need an escape from the real life Trayvon Martins and George Floyd incidents.
    I am of the opinion that if a writer, black or otherwise, wishes to do a story on racism, and they handle it well, it can and should be told. Of course, there is also value normalizing stories about racial minorities, LGBT people, disabled people, etc that isn't about suffering.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...tatement-full/

South Korean groups BTS voice their support victims of Anti-Asian violence while also discussing their own experiences with racism.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanro...h=7273f9a062fb

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/raci...nophobia-op-ed

I just want to see good movies/comics/cartoons/whtaever with people who look like me actually doing stuff. Not in the background, not tokens.

I really don't need or want political/deep **** lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Yeah but a lot of those stories have been ignored for so long. Sometimes people who are victims want to see this, especially when people in the major dismiss their suffering

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I just want to see good movies/comics/cartoons/whtaever with people who look like me actually doing stuff. Not in the background, not tokens.

I really don't need or want political/deep **** lol
    I've reached a point where I can't bring myself to watch slavery, civil rights era, inner city/struggle movies anymore. I know these stories are important, but it's just exhausting to sit through. I don't even think these movies are made for black people, but they're made for white liberal audiences who think racism is over.

That's definitely an intriguing thought. Mind elborating further?
    Sure no problem well in my opinion it would be better long-term for a few reasons from a negative approach it saying that Shaun was used in a way to really inspire Sam to be captain America at times when he was frustrated or down and I think it would’ve been a more poetic story if it was revealed that he inspired his nephew or cousin or etc. to become a superhero as well especially at the time when Sam is getting his biggest push. Hopefully he’ll get a even bigger place now with the TV show but we’ll see. Also Sam & Shaun are shipped to me always came off as more big bro/ Lil bro to me so being his nephew/cousin would add more today in my opinion because most top heroes have a relative who is also a hero whether it’s a brother sister cousin niece or etc which help with sales direct legacy and not just a captain America legacy. Also from the outside and look in perspective we know that Shaun would only be patriot temporarily because Eli is more popular and have a way better story.

And Shaun has affectively become benched by marvel & I think Sam’s family member in gives him a better chance of usage weather in costume or out. Will probably help get him a new identity faster because right now he’s effectively in limbo with no plan. Also at the time Sam had another protégé/sidekick and making the new patriot his relative without an interesting dynamic to Joaquin & Shaun relationship both who now is the new superhero names I need if they’re ever going to be prominently used again in my opinion it was shortsighted name in them Falcons and patriots Joaquin should be something like Aplomado (Joaquin) & Red Tail ( Shaun)