Page 50 of 828 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:
    plot twist, Killgrave is actually half black that passes as white before he turned purple!
    end of spoilers
    If that turns out to be the case it might just be one of the greatest case of logistical gymnastics I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Brian J. White?

Great pick

Whatever happened to putting someone in a coma or hurting them or something lol?
    I think the Russo's brought this up as something they were deliberately going for when they had Rhodey get injured in Civil War.

They didn't want to have to kill him off but still found a way to raise the stakes without killing him.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

That does look better than the crappy photos they've been showing...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jurnee Smollett-Bell has been cast as Black Canary.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/birds-of-pre...ary-1829338816
    WB/DC wanted Huntress to be a white Italian so badly they were willing to sacrifice Black Canary to do so and bring hate right to Jurnee's doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The irony is that the current Huntress in the comics is already ( black/white) bi-racial.
    Yep, so they just switched Huntress and Black Canary's race.

So I'm I'm guessing the outfit she is wearing on the examining table will be her costume which mean they could have shown a promo pic of her in that but they don't care enough about the actress' well-being to do so.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Does Maury exist in the Marvel Universe?

Now that I think of it, telling paternity would be a great super-power.

In the case of Danielle Cage (how cute is she?).....

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    W

So I'm I'm guessing the outfit she is wearing on the examining table will be her costume which mean they could have shown a promo pic of her in that but they don't care enough about the actress' well-being to do so.
    She is still int hat god awful coat in 99% of the video plus the promo posters

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The guy that first kneeled with Colin, Eric Reid, finally got a job back.

People forget he got blackballed as well.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9...olina-panthers

Extraordinary Member

Now that I've thought about it, the Cage family dilemma should never have seen print, or should be easily resolved, unless this is some joke by the Impossible Man.

Cage has to be one of the most connected characters at Marvel.

As a former member of the FF, and depending on when these events take place, Cage can easily take Danielle to Reed Richards.

As a former Avenger, Cage should have Stark on speed dial.

Luke & Jessica have ties to broke scientist, Peter Parker.

Long time Cage friend, Misty Knight, is Jean Grey's old roommate (how they ever connected over the last few decades?), who went to school with Hank McCoy.

Last but not least, Luke surely has to enjoy some special status in Wakanda, so a quick UBER ride to a local Wakandan embassy should not be out the question.

These connections should also apply to Luke's recent head trauma (but I'm not sure how that is being resolved). In that case, Luke should have consulted Danny Rand for mystic healing. Danny has healing powers. Having Luke explore mysticism would be a fun change of pace. I would read all about a Zen-Cage.

Marvel keeps saving me money.

I actually wonder how many dumb stories were rejected by Jim Shooter because he knew the long term damage they could have on the characters?
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 09-28-2018 at 05:19 AM.

the CTE story would have been better used on a normal human who is keeps doing super hero stuff.

Hawkeye for example. Or one of the 10 billion mutants with normal levels of durability

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    WB/DC wanted Huntress to be a white Italian so badly they were willing to sacrifice Black Canary to do so and bring hate right to Jurnee's doorstep.

Yep, so they just switched Huntress and Black Canary's race.

If they'd cast Jurnee as Huntress, she'd be getting hate for that too. Actors and actresses of color are always going to get hell for playing canonically white characters (or even characters that are canonically poc if Kelly Marie Tran is any indication). For that, it is the fanbase that should be held accountable not the studio and that goes double for the Starfire situation. As I said before, it is not the studio's job to tell fans to behave themselves. Diop's casting was met with hostility long before a single picture or video of this show was released.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-28-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

the CTE story would have been better used on a normal human who is keeps doing super hero stuff.

Hawkeye for example. Or one of the 10 billion mutants with normal levels of durability
    It made total sense when Dan Slott used a similar story with Doctor Octopus. Peter was giving Otto multiple shots to the dome in Spider-Man II.

Danny literally used the Iron Fist to heal Luke during John Ostrander's Heroes for Hire run back in the late 1990's.

Extraordinary Member

The race-swapping just means more under-used fictional characters of color may never cross over to live action.

John Stewart probably would have stayed in the wheelchair, or eventually killed of, had he not been used in the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The race-swapping just means more under-used fictional characters of color may never cross over to live action.

John Stewart probably would have stayed in the wheelchair, or eventually killed of, had he not been used in the DCAU.
    Does it though? Idris Elba playing Heimdall didn't stop Falcon, Black Panther, War Machine and Luke Cage from appearing in the MCU. Iris and Wally being black hasn't stopped The Flash from using canonically poc characters like Cisco Ramon and Linda Park (how well they've been handled is another story).

Hell, even with this Birds of Prey situation, we still have Cass Cain and Renee Montoya still appearing in the movie. Which mean 3/5ths of the cast is going to be poc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Now that I've thought about it, the Cage family dilemma should never have seen print, or should be easily resolved, unless this is some joke by the Impossible Man.

Cage has to be one of the most connected characters at Marvel.

As a former member of the FF, and depending on when these events take place, Cage can easily take Danielle to Reed Richards.

As a former Avenger, Cage should have Stark on speed dial.

Luke & Jessica have ties to broke scientist, Peter Parker.

Long time Cage friend, Misty Knight, is Jean Grey's old roommate (how they ever connected over the last few decades?), who went to school with Hank McCoy.

Last but not least, Luke surely has to enjoy some special status in Wakanda, so a quick UBER ride to a local Wakandan embassy should not be out the question.

These connections should also apply to Luke's recent head trauma (but I'm not sure how that is being resolved). In that case, Luke should have consulted Danny Rand for mystic healing. Danny has healing powers. Having Luke explore mysticism would be a fun change of pace. I would read all about a Zen-Cage.

Marvel keeps saving me money.

I actually wonder how many dumb stories were rejected by Jim Shooter because he knew the long term damage they could have on the characters?
    Maybe all these guys are just really busy? Is Danny even in New York right now?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-28-2018 at 07:19 AM.