Page 500 of 827 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 12396
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed on the black pain issue.

Seriously, these “Hollywood progressives” should lose this obsession with portraying black people as victims. No doubt, there’s still grave injustices being meted out against black people but there are other narratives within the community that need telling. Hollywood is far too obsessed with the “power of victim hood” but that’s a discussion for another time and place.

Sometimes, we like all other people need an escape from the real life Trayvon Martins and George Floyd incidents.
    I don't disagree. Thing is, Hollywood as an industry is far from progressive. It's part of the reason we keep getting the same movies over and over.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I've reached a point where I can't bring myself to watch slavery, civil rights era, inner city/struggle movies anymore. I know these stories are important, but it's just exhausting to sit through. I don't even think these movies are made for black people, but they're made for white liberal audiences who think racism is over.
    ^^This as well

Ultimate Member

I really don't get where the idea Hollywood is progressive comes from. Plus it's not like we don't have a thousand movies about the same events in white people's history.

I've reached a point where I can't bring myself to watch slavery, civil rights era, inner city/struggle movies anymore. I know these stories are important, but it's just exhausting to sit through. I don't even think these movies are made for black people, but they're made for white liberal audiences who think racism is over.
    Can’t agree more

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I really don't get where the idea Hollywood is progressive comes from. Plus it's not like we don't have a thousand movies about the same events in white people's history.
    People confuse random actors expressing support for some mildly liberal cause for Hollywood as community/industry. They forget that these celebrities mostly don't actually greenlight or finance projects. At least not major ones. For decades folks inside and out have decried the casual sexism/racism/ageism in the business. And it's no secret that studio heads and producers frequently change or excise elements in movies in order to not offend the sensibilities of supposed "conservative" audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People confuse random actors expressing support for some mildly liberal cause for Hollywood as community/industry. They forget that these celebrities mostly don't actually greenlight or finance projects. At least not major ones. For decades folks inside and out have decried the casual sexism/racism/ageism in the business. And it's no secret that studio heads and producers frequently change or excise elements in movies in order to not offend the sensibilities of supposed "conservative" audiences.
    If you want to see just how progressive Hollywood really is, Let's compare two movies that came out in 2013 and had similar premises - an attack on the White House.

White House Down is about a domestic terrorist attack on the White House in response by a President Obama Expy deciding to remove military forces from the Middle East.

Olympus Has Fallen has North Korean terrorists attacking the White House and has American jingoism dripping from its every pore.

Guess which of these films got two sequels with a third one to be announced and plans for at least two more movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yet all the movies and shows coming out about prejudice are suddenly too much apparently

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you want to see just how progressive Hollywood really is, Let's compare two movies that came out in 2013 and had similar premises - an attack on the White House.

White House Down is about a domestic terrorist attack on the White House in response by a President Obama Expy deciding to remove military forces from the Middle East.

Olympus Has Fallen has North Korean terrorists attacking the White House and has American jingoism dripping from its every pore.

Guess which of these films got two sequels with a third one to be announced and plans for at least two more movies.
    Wait, plans for 2 more? Really?

Wait, plans for 2 more? Really?
    And a t.v. series.

Following Night Has Fallen, two more movies will follow. In addition to the movies, television spin-offs are being considered. Because of the film series' popularity in other territories, he also announced plans for various television series to debut in foreign countries, with each show's local mother tongues to be the spoken languages. Siegel stated that the intent for TV show installments, would be to expand the franchise and add additional characters to appear in future films.[1][2] In November 2020, producer Greenstein confirmed development for a television series is on-going.[4]

Ultimate Member

And a t.v. series.
    So we'll get an Olympus Has Fallen Cinematic Universe (OHFCU). I can't wait for the crossover with Batman, Spider-Man and Godzilla!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I totally get that. For me as a gay man I can't stand that 99% of all movies about gay men have to be about AIDS/conversion-therapy/coming out of the closet. And again, most of that stuff isn't even really "for" gay people, it's for mainstream audiences to feel like they've become more tolerant.

It's a problem for minorities that the majority of movies about our various communities have to almost always be about "The Struggle".

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I just want to see good movies/comics/cartoons/whtaever with people who look like me actually doing stuff. Not in the background, not tokens.

I really don't need or want political/deep **** lol
    Exactly. At this point in my life for me personally I just want to see a gay guy kick-ass in some kind of action/adventure type thing. Thank God for Castlevania on Netflix.

So we'll get an Olympus Has Fallen Cinematic Universe (OHFCU). I can't wait for the crossover with Batman, Spider-Man and Godzilla!
    Let's not give them any ideas.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-01-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Let's not give them any ideas.
    You're right. I'd like to see that crossover without OHFCU though!

Eh, Olympus Has Fallen was way more entertaining than the other one lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ava DuVernay's 'New Gods,' James Wan's 'The Trench' DC Movies Not Moving Forward at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

Warner Bros. and DC Films' upcoming slate is moving forward without Ava DuVernay's New Gods and James Wan's Aquaman spinoff, The Trench.

"As part of our DC slate, some legacy development titles including New Gods and The Trench will not be moving forward," Warner Bros. and DC said in a statement. "We thank our partners Ava DuVernay, Tom King, James Wan and Peter Safran for their time and collaboration during this process and look forward to our continued partnership with them on other DC stories. The projects will remain in their skillful hands if they were to move forward in the future."

New Gods, which DuVernay has been developing as a directing vehicle with acclaimed comic book writer Tom King since 2018, would have brought to the screen the comic book characters created by the late and legendary artist Jack Kirby. DuVernay, however, remains in the DC fold and is currently working on the DC series Naomi for The CW.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.