Page 502 of 828 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 12407

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If I remember the original 70s New Gods run, the exchange was the only way to avoid total mutual destruction or something at the time.

It wasn't a nice move for sure but at the time, I think it was necessary to at least attain a cease fire.
    Yeah, from what I recall, that was always the political reason for it. It's justifiable on that level, if making that deal was somehow able to get Darkseid to say okay to a cease fire. I was more thinking for Scott on a personal level, how could he possibly not end up hating Highfather? You know, you basically threw me to the wolves, and I'm supposed to be your son ... not that the, "I sent you, as the only light for all of those in the darkness of their world..." kind of thing would make him someone you wanted to hang out with, but it might possibly make you able to think he's not completely heartless.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, from what I recall, that was always the political reason for it. It's justifiable on that level, if making that deal was somehow able to get Darkseid to say okay to a cease fire. I was more thinking for Scott on a personal level, how could he possibly not end up hating Highfather? You know, you basically threw me to the wolves, and I'm supposed to be your son ... not that the, "I sent you, as the only light for all of those in the darkness of their world..." kind of thing would make him someone you wanted to hang out with, but it might possibly make you able to think he's not completely heartless.
    Not to mention maybe a little resentment toward Orion, the child Izaya did raise. In a hypothetical movie, these are all the characters' conflicts: Scott's resentment toward Highfather, Highfather's guilt over the trade and trying to balance being a leader with being a father, Orion balancing his darker tendencies vs Highfather's teachings, Barda's desire for revenge against Granny, Kalibak angry that whatever passes for love in Darkseid's heart, he feels for Orion not him, and of course Darkseid wanting to corrupt his favorite son. It...could work.

That looks way better than it has any right to be.

Way better lol

I think one of the bigger problems with the movie may be...

my kids have no real idea who any of the Loony Tunes are.... lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Why is there a Space Jam 2? Because the first one was so great?

Maybe LeBron James will be a better actor than Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That looks way better than it has any right to be.

Way better lol

I think one of the bigger problems with the movie may be...

my kids have no real idea who any of the Loony Tunes are.... lol
    This is more likely for 90s kids who are adults now, except I'm one of those and I don't get it myself! But you raise a good point. Do modern kids generally care about those characters anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why is there a Space Jam 2? Because the first one was so great?

Maybe LeBron James will be a better actor than Michael Jordan
    The first one made a lot of money and has a special place in the hearts of many 90s kids.

I don't think James is much of an actor but his acting isn't the draw for films like this.

Lebron has good comedic timing at the very least
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Lebron has good comedic timing at the very least
    ok. But has any athlete ever become a good actor? We all saw what happened with Shaq!

ok. But has any athlete ever become a good actor? We all saw what happened with Shaq!
    There have been plenty of athletes who have become good actors. Maybe not great actors, but I can think of a few good ones:

Alex Karras, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Bob Ueker, Jim Brown
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Shaq was a case of throwing him into anything and ASSUMING that would be enough.

We saw it with Tupac after Juice & Poetic Justice.

We saw it with Paris Hilton.

HECK we saw it the past 5 years in a book called Black Panther. People think a name is all you need to be a hit.

The FLAWS in that is assuming everyone likes that person.

Because as we have seen HERE in certain threads that worship a certain weather mutant or Twitter and the Snyder Toxic Cult or all these "sudden" Cyborg fans. Easy to SAY IT and RETWEET IT but it's another thing to hand over MONEY to support it.

Looney Toons I would not worry about. Folks tolerating Lebron enough to watch is the issue.

I guess you can't tell much from a trailer, but honestly, just from this, already looks like he's a better actor than Shaq and Jordan, to me!

Of course, it also doesn't look like they're planning to rely on his acting ability very much. Probably 90% of the movie will be animated, and apparently Cheadle will carry half the human acting, so unless LeBron is just unbearably wooden (doesn't seem to be), should be all good.

Agreed that it looks better than you'd expect!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Shaq was a case of throwing him into anything and ASSUMING that would be enough.

We saw it with Tupac after Juice & Poetic Justice.

We saw it with Paris Hilton.

HECK we saw it the past 5 years in a book called Black Panther. People think a name is all you need to be a hit.

The FLAWS in that is assuming everyone likes that person.

Because as we have seen HERE in certain threads that worship a certain weather mutant or Twitter and the Snyder Toxic Cult or all these "sudden" Cyborg fans. Easy to SAY IT and RETWEET IT but it's another thing to hand over MONEY to support it.

Looney Toons I would not worry about. Folks tolerating Lebron enough to watch is the issue.
    I see they're incorporating other characters from other series. I think I might have seen a dragon from GOT

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I guess you can't tell much from a trailer, but honestly, just from this, already looks like he's a better actor than Shaq and Jordan, to me!

Of course, it also doesn't look like they're planning to rely on his acting ability very much. Probably 90% of the movie will be animated, and apparently Cheadle will carry half the human acting, so unless LeBron is just unbearably wooden (doesn't seem to be), should be all good.

Agreed that it looks better than you'd expect!
    I feel this is going to be another case of villain is better acted than hero (assuming Cheadle is actually the villain). An outdated trope, but I guess appropriate for a movie banking on 90s nostalgia

We should also remember that Lebron James is playing himself here, as he did in Trainwreck. Granted, it's a fictionalized and exaggerated version of Lebron James, but he's not playing a character he's unfamiliar with as Shaq had to do in say, Steel.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    We should also remember that Lebron James is playing himself here, as he did in Trainwreck. Granted, it's a fictionalized and exaggerated version of Lebron James, but he's not playing a character he's unfamiliar with as Shaq had to do in say, Steel.
    That's true. Although Jordan also played himself, but wasnt the best actor. Maybe LeBron is better though