Page 51 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Nothing was stopping them from using Onyx (Female POC Samurai-Green Arrow ally) if they couldn't use Katana for whatever reason.

And I'd always thumbs down to DCEU movie where we get ANY Batgirl, Cassandra Cain included before we get a Batman movie.

DC big screen ideas are so godforsaken its funny.

Eternals might be Jack Kirby's least profitable idea (even it's biggest fans don't care all that much) and that is a way better proposition than
    Birds of Prey the way DC has gone about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nothing was stopping them from using Onyx (Female POC Samurai-Green Arrow ally) if they couldn't use Katana for whatever reason.

And I'd always thumbs down to DCEU movie where we get ANY Batgirl, Cassandra Cain included before we get a Batman movie.

DC big screen ideas are so godforsaken its funny.

Eternals might be Jack Kirby's least profitable idea (even it's biggest fans don't care all that much) and that is a way better proposition than
    Birds of Prey the way DC has gone about it.
    Onyx is a perfect example. Mal & Karen Duncan, two of DC's first black heroes, are two other examples. All three have power-sets that will not break the budget, yet are not being used. The Young Justice cartoon showed Mal & Karen could easily work in live action.

In the MCU I trust.

Batman movies: Eight, nine if Batman v Superman is included.
    Batgirl movies: Zero, unless having a supporting role in Batman & Robin is included.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

In the MCU I trust.
    They gonna race bend the **** out of hte X-men unless people really think Prodigy and Gentle (lol) are about to make it big
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They gonna race bend the **** out of hte X-men unless people really think Prodigy and Gentle (lol) are about to make it big
    IMO....

All they gotta do is select above average actors for Bishop, Storm, James Proudstar, M, Forge, Danielle Moonstar, Jubilee, Sunfire (the first Mutant of Color?), etc...give them decent storylines.....and they should generate easy money.

I truly suspect the reason they are suddenly using Bishop in the comics again is to set him up for live action down the line. The X-Men once had a significant black audience back in the 1980's. I'm not sure if it was Bob Harras, but someone at Marvel made note of the large turn-out of black fans for X-Men related stuff at comic conventions back in the day. Legend has it that Bishop was introduced as a black man (IIRC, he was originally meant to be Filipino), as a response to that.

Up until the late 1990's, the X-Men line of books were pretty diverse with their characters.

For some mind-boggling reason, X-Men writers & editors consciously or unconsciously, started using their POC as cannon fodder. That's when I jumped ship.

They could easily just ignore Prodigy & Gentle (especially Gentle). I'd use Gentle as an emo-wannabe Killmonger just for laughs in a film.

The X-Men line really does not need to race-bend, just stop messing up their classic POC mutants.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'd watch a black Wolverine. I would watch the F*** out of a black Wolverine! And I would relish the screams of the internet. I'd download those youtube reaction videos and use them to help me fall asleep at night.

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Batman movies: Eight, nine if Batman v Superman is included.
    Batgirl movies: Zero, unless having a supporting role in Batman & Robin is included.
    I'd expect a Batgirl movie that didn't have an establishing Batman movie (assuming it was at least decent) to fail as hard as that Catwoman movie did.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Up until the late 1990's, the X-Men line of books were pretty diverse with their characters.

For some mind-boggling reason, X-Men writers & editors consciously or unconsciously, started using their POC as cannon fodder. That's when I jumped ship.
    Chris Claremont -- who helped create and define the vast majority of the "diverse" X-Characters -- left in '91.

The rest is history.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-28-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'd watch a black Wolverine. I would watch the F*** out of a black Wolverine! And I would relish the screams of the internet. I'd download those youtube reaction videos and use them to help me fall asleep at night.

Hmm...is Aldis Hodge busy for the next ten years?

BANNED

I'd expect a Batgirl movie that didn't have an establishing Batman movie (assuming it was at least decent) to fail as hard as that Catwoman movie did.
    Look, if we have to wait for a DCEU Batman film that is decent before doing a Batgirl film, we just plain are not ever getting that Batgirl.

Incredible Member

Are you kidding?

X-Men is one franchise that doesn't need to racebend. It's (popular) line-up is pretty diverse. I reserve the right of exception for weirdly colored/nonhuman-looking mutants (of course they will be black ).

You said you would "thumbs down" any Batgirl movie before a Batman movie. That's not expecting it to fail but prejudging it. And the Catwoman movie was simply crap.

Marvel has shown that it's possible to take B- and C-list name and make them movie hits, even with little or no buildup. I see little reason why DC can't do the same, provided they get their creative act together. And Batgirl: Year One, a little borrowing from "Ladies Night", "Oracle: Year One", and The Hunt for Oracle could make for a hell of a movie arc in the right hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

The only thing about a black Wolverine is I could never see him working with Xavier. That's over a century of discrimination for his race and status as a mutant, thinking about it I don't even know if he'd be willing to work with white people. It would definitely make for a lot of interesting stories though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The only thing about a black Wolverine is I could never see him working with Xavier. That's over a century of discrimination for his race and status as a mutant, thinking about it I don't even know if he'd be willing to work with white people. It would definitely make for a lot of interesting stories though.
    What if they get Denzel Washington as Xavier?

Ultimate Member

Life is Strange 2 apparently has Latino protagonists (the Diaz brothers) and takes on politics (and Trump) directly.

-----
    "Life is Strange 2 puts politics at its forefront"

"After a summer of teasing, Dontnod’s sequel to its award-winning episodic adventure series Life is Strange is here, and it has a loud and clear message to deliver.

The first Life is Strange tackled issues like cyberbullying, suicide, and assault through the eyes of its teenage protagonist Max and her friendships. Life is Strange 2 is far more ambitious. While set up to be a story about a family through the eyes of two Hispanic brothers, the game quickly wades into more political, timely topics.

The first episode is set quite obviously in October 2016, just weeks before the election of Donald Trump. Characters yell about “building walls” and fret about what will happen if Trump wins. One of the game’s less subtle moments includes a character declaring “everything is political.”

Here, games editor Andrew Webster and reporter Megan Farokhmanesh discuss the first episode, “Roads,” of Dontnod’s sequel to its award-winning series. Light spoilers follow..."

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/28/1...ew-ps4-xbox-pc