Page 519 of 824 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 12354
    Ultimate Member

With anti-SJWs, preachy means I disagree with it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Keep in mind that the show actually lightens up compared to the comics. In the comics, Isaiah spent 17 years in jail before being pardoned by Eisenhower and suffered brain damage.

It reminds me of how the Static Shock cartoon got bashed for being "preachy" despite the show rarely tackling heavy topics and adapting out some heavier elements (Hotstreak isn't racist like his comic counterpart for instance).
    Static has dealt with race twice in his 28 years. Static 5-7 and that one episode.

So, I've been thinking about Fal/WS a bit. Mostly because, since I mod on reddit, I've been dealing with a lot of... whining about politics (and the sweet sweet fun of banning the whiners).
    Much like those hating the MESS out of Nichelle Wright-these are folks who do not understand what READING means. They have not read any books or even the articles.

All they see is a BLACK person and that is enough to get them off.

If it's not Duke Thomas in Batman, Jace Fox in Batman, Redjack on Green Lantern, Synch on the main X-Men book, Nichelle Wright or Isaiah Bradley-they only see a black person and that is all.

Yet are silent about the mess known as Coates Black Panther run. Storm being a den mother n X-Men or Cyborg doing ANYTHING at DC. Yet try to build up a black character and they come running with pitchfolks.

From what you guys are saying-the show toned down a LOT of stuff. Yet the usual suspects and minority shields are still going off.

Spencer's run those folks were in Sam's face letting him have it. Real smart to go at a guy who can talk to birds. Would have been real interesting if he told those birds to act out Hitchcock's movie.

I am working my way through The new 52. I read an issue of Action Comics with Calvin Ellis the African American Superman. I enjoyed the issue a great deal. Was anything else ever done with him? has he been any where else? he seemed like a character with a lot of potential. Superman as president? What! it was really fun and so much can be done with him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am working my way through The new 52. I read an issue of Action Comics with Calvin Ellis the African American Superman. I enjoyed the issue a great deal. Was anything else ever done with him? has he been any where else? he seemed like a character with a lot of potential. Superman as president? What! it was really fun and so much can be done with him.
    President Superman/ Calvin Ellis also appeared more prominently in Grant Morrison's MULTIVERSITY mini- series.

He also guest starred in the FLASH FORWARD mini- series

And is due to feature prominently in the upcoming INFINITY FRONTIER series.

I really REAAAALLY loved and enjoyed New 52, it's an unpopular opinion but DC has NEVER ventured and experimented with such an abundance of new titles unrelated to JL as they did with New 52.

I also enjoyed the spectrum of Lantern Corps individual series (Guy Gardner IS a Red Lantern, it's a perfect fit for more more than being a GL).

I have never read so many ongoing comic titles from a single publisher than during New52. Sooo many abundance of new concept titles as well as side characters and new characters got PLENTY of shine as well as actively merging Wildstorm into DC.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Scatman Cruthers was the voice of Jazz in the cartoon and Darius from Family Matters did the live action movie.

Blaster was the DJ of tranformers.

Now those movies....a different conversation.

In harassment news

The United States of Cap America has introduced Nichelle Wright, a black woman inspired by CA.

Which mean the USUSAL suspects are throwing fits on Twitter and going AT the arist Natacha Bustos.

Meanwhile Synch on the main X-Men book. Isn't as accepted as many would hope.
    Please share links to those discussions that are against Synch returning in the X-Men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, I've been thinking about Fal/WS a bit. Mostly because, since I mod on reddit, I've been dealing with a lot of... whining about politics (and the sweet sweet fun of banning the whiners).

What I don't really understand is that... white people haven't been directly challenged in the show at all.

We have had what... one cop being a dick to Sam for no reason and then Bucky spoilers:
    saying steve and him never thought that giving a shield to a black guy would be hard for him
    end of spoilers. And then the bank guy, which could go either way (was he being racist or was the Wilson family a bad investment especially due to the snap? Debatable imo).

That... that is really it. You are talking about a combined what... 3 mins in 5 hours of show?

The Isiah talk was just a history lesson in comic book forum that people should already know about. It was literally PULLED from the comics... so why are comic fans bitching about the show being "too political!! I just want to watch a comic book show!"

Other than that... the government never took the shield from Sam, Sam willingly gave it away. Theyve not shown any TV talking heads talking bad about Sam. If the comic book show really pulled from the comics... Spencers run was much more "direct" with how conservative media would have handled this.

It just really seems like all the whining and complaining is that they either don't know the history AT ALL so they think the Isiah stuff is "marvel pushing politics!" on them... or they are projecting so hard and made so uncomfortable by any mention of race stuff that they run tot he internet to bitch about it.

IMO... if anyone should be "uncomfortable" about the show, it should be black people right after Isiah's talk. His ending sentence is a gut punch. Black people should be bitching about politics because the talk took it out of "fun fantasy land" and put it right in your face.
    Please share links to those complaints about FnWS, thanx.

Ultimate Member

What I don't really understand is that... white people haven't been directly challenged in the show at all.

We have had what... one cop being a dick to Sam for no reason and then Bucky spoilers:
    saying steve and him never thought that giving a shield to a black guy would be hard for him
    end of spoilers. And then the bank guy, which could go either way (was he being racist or was the Wilson family a bad investment especially due to the snap? Debatable imo).

That... that is really it. You are talking about a combined what... 3 mins in 5 hours of show?

The Isiah talk was just a history lesson in comic book forum that people should already know about. It was literally PULLED from the comics... so why are comic fans bitching about the show being "too political!! I just want to watch a comic book show!"

Other than that... the government never took the shield from Sam, Sam willingly gave it away. Theyve not shown any TV talking heads talking bad about Sam. If the comic book show really pulled from the comics... Spencers run was much more "direct" with how conservative media would have handled this.

It just really seems like all the whining and complaining is that they either don't know the history AT ALL so they think the Isiah stuff is "marvel pushing politics!" on them... or they are projecting so hard and made so uncomfortable by any mention of race stuff that they run tot he internet to bitch about it.

IMO... if anyone should be "uncomfortable" about the show, it should be black people right after Isiah's talk. His ending sentence is a gut punch. Black people should be bitching about politics because the talk took it out of "fun fantasy land" and put it right in your face.
    These guys are racist. The veil has been removed and it's better to address them for what they really are.

Lots of them most likely grew up in racist homes and had these biases passed down to them. I watched a documentary on Majorie Taylor-Greene ,the crazy Qanon house member. I wasn't surprised to find out that she is from is one of "the whitest and historicallymost racist parts of the Georgia". This is probably what informs her crazy views.

Now, this racism has been re-packaged and made mainstream via the alt-right and folks parroting alt-right (Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Jordan Peterson). This is what Coates was addressing in Captain America (i.e Red Skull presenting his arguments a la Jordan Peterson) which these SAME guys freaked out about. And the mainstreaming of racism is why fairly tame stuff like what you see in Falcon and Winter Soldier "triggers" them.

Long story short, no matter how inoffensive or light the discussion of racism is, it will trigger these people because they don't want to see or even hear about anything as it relates to black people. As far they are concerned, Sam Wilson becoming Falcon is "PC" in the first place so the entire discussion for them is just a non-starter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Reddit aside, check youtube and you'll see the comicsgater, anti-SJW channels all talking about how Falcon and The Winter Soldier lost 84% of its audience when Isaiah Bradley first appeared.

As insane as this sounds, this acutally happened and is what some guys are running with.

They are individual posts, not threads. I remove the threads lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    These guys are racist. The veil has been removed and it's better to address them for what they really are.

Lots of them most likely grew up in racist homes and had these biases passed down to them. I watched a documentary on Majorie Taylor-Greene ,the crazy Qanon house member. I wasn't surprised to find out that she is from is one of "the whitest and historicallymost racist parts of the Georgia". This is probably what informs her crazy views.

Now, this racism has been re-packaged and made mainstream via the alt-right and folks parroting alt-right (Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Jordan Peterson). This is what Coates was addressing in Captain America (i.e Red Skull presenting his arguments a la Jordan Peterson) which these SAME guys freaked out about. And the mainstreaming of racism is why fairly tame stuff like what you see in Falcon and Winter Soldier "triggers" them.

Long story short, no matter how inoffensive or light the discussion of racism is, it will trigger these people because they don't want to see or even hear about anything as it relates to black people. As far they are concerned, Sam Wilson becoming Falcon is "PC" in the first place so the entire discussion for them is just a non-starter.
    Then they should just be ignored. If they can't handle even the lightest touch in these issues, the shows should just go full in

Fights look good so far. Please don't suck.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

President Superman/ Calvin Ellis also appeared more prominently in Grant Morrison's MULTIVERSITY mini- series.

He also guest starred in the FLASH FORWARD mini- series

And is due to feature prominently in the upcoming INFINITY FRONTIER series.

I really REAAAALLY loved and enjoyed New 52, it's an unpopular opinion but DC has NEVER ventured and experimented with such an abundance of new titles unrelated to JL as they did with New 52.

I also enjoyed the spectrum of Lantern Corps individual series (Guy Gardner IS a Red Lantern, it's a perfect fit for more more than being a GL).

I have never read so many ongoing comic titles from a single publisher than during New52. Sooo many abundance of new concept titles as well as side characters and new characters got PLENTY of shine as well as actively merging Wildstorm into DC.
    Thank you. I am going to look those up. I am also really enjoying the New 52. Right now I have only read some issues of Detective and Action Comics but I am going to read a lot more.

As many of you know I have read mostly Silver and Golden Age comics. I have only in the last i would say 8 months or so been reading more modern stuff., So I have not been exsposed to strong POC characters and heroes. Outside of Black Panther in Avengers, Storm in Xmen, and Joe Robertson in Spiderman.

But I have been reading some great characters as of late. Ms Marvel who I am just having a blast reading, Future State Batman who I really enjoyed, some Miles Spiderman, and Sam as Captain America stuff, and I have a stack of Milestone comics as well.

I have not found any of the comics I am reading to be preachy like some have claimed. I wasnt really reading comics on a regular in 2014 when Ms Marvel came out. But I heard the uproar. How Marvel ahs gone woke and PC with a Muslim hero and they beat you to death with the Middle East morals (Whatever that is) etc.. So I was a bit hesitant to get the book. But when I read it I found a character who is a huge game nerd, writes fanfics, and obsesses over superheroes. She was a younger me. I was never hit over the head with The Middle East morals. I enjoyed her family life more then her as a hero to be honest because it was part of society that I had never seen in a positive light. I really enjoy her Brothers talk with Bruno about how he could not date Kamala because their cultures and back rounds were just too different. It was not done is a beat you over the head way or rude way. just a man explaining to someone of a different race and religion why it would not work out. I had only seen that from the White side when someone's daughter dated a black guy or Muslim man. I had never seen or thought about it from the other side.

So I honestly dont know what all the people who bitch about comics being to woke are talking about. because that has very much not been my experience at all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

So I honestly dont know what all the people who bitch about comics being to woke are talking about. because that has very much not been my experience at all.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

Extraordinary Member

Fights look good so far. Please don't suck.
    This is really interesting. You've got a modernized Marvel
    version of a Wuxia film with a guy in the lead who HK producers would never cast as a Wuxia lead.

You either had to have Martial Arts chops, be a HK popstar or be a HK drama vet (and Jackie Chan was technically all 3).

That leaves out a lot of legitimate talent who never came up through those grinds.

Time was something like this would automatically go to a guy like Tiger Chen and only because Jackie, Jet and them have aged out of the young leading man category ( and Jackie held on for 20 after that).

Ultimate Member

At least they gave the lead role to an actor of East Asian descent, and not Scarlett Johansen