Page 526 of 828 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 12406
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Before Ewings Mighty Avengers maybe? He was lame with lame powers with a lame backstory other than same random cameo stuff (he was cool in Kingpin of Wakanda).

Dude was just lame lol.

Mackey via is charisma made him cool in the MCU, then going the military tech route and making him a murder bird (dude body count is high lol) helped make him cool.

I've always been a vocal hater or comic sam. Somewhat in jest, somewhat true. He has been a LOT better since Mighty Avengers and then when he switched to Cap for awhile.

Bouta get Sam and Blade around the same time no?

Man, imagine if Chadwick was still alive. Like a golden era man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if making him another military killer type hero is necessarily an improvement.
    Ultimate Falcon from Marvel's Ultimate-verse (where Miles Morales and black Nick Fury come from) is in the military..,.AND also a science genius.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Ultimate Falcon from Marvel's Ultimate-verse (where Miles Morales and black Nick Fury come from) is in the military..,.AND also a science genius.
    I haven't read a lot of ultimate so I'm mostly familiar with 616 Sam. I've just questioned Marvel's connection to militarism as of late

I haven't read a lot of ultimate so I'm mostly familiar with 616 Sam. I've just questioned Marvel's connection to militarism as of late
    If you are talking about the MCU, it just kinda makes sense nad naturally came about based on the characters they started with.

Hell, CW was half the Avengers basically telling the world they WONT be their military to point and attack.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Anyone watch Zero on Netflix? It's an Italian show about a teen who gains invisibility and uses it to save his neighborhood. Most of the cast is Black and the MC is really into manga/comics.
    Niiiice, Much respect to the Italians and to Netflix for making this. Glad to see diversity beyond the U.S and U.K.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I like it. This is an adaptation of super powers in a movie and not just a comic book movie with all of the crazy expensive special effects. That is something that I don't like about current comic book movies-they try to adapt every single aspect of a comic book on film when they know it's waay too expensive. When I watch a movie I want to watch a movie and not a comic book.
    Some authenticity to source material is needed.

Ultimate Member

If you are talking about the MCU, it just kinda makes sense nad naturally came about based on the characters they started with.

Hell, CW was half the Avengers basically telling the world they WONT be their military to point and attack.
    Well, they said they'd be their own attack force.

But I feel the MCU is trying to "both sides" militarism

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Some authenticity to source material is needed.
    Exactly. And a lot of what Hollywood replaces it with is generic

Well, they said they'd be their own attack force.

But I feel the MCU is trying to "both sides" militarism
    ... thats... that's comics?

I have no idea what you are trying to approve. Super heroes are basically police + military rolled into one

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

... thats... that's comics?

I have no idea what you are trying to approve. Super heroes are basically police + military rolled into one
    I'm saying the MCU wants to criticize governments and militarism but only so far as not to antagonize the real world military industrial complex.

The comics tried to do the same thing in Civil War, but that fell apart because they had to return to the status quo

I'm saying the MCU wants to criticize governments and militarism but only so far as not to antagonize the real world military industrial complex.

The comics tried to do the same thing in Civil War, but that fell apart because they had to return to the status quo
    I don't know if they're really bothsiding the situation. Or if they are, they're leaning really close to being anti-establishment. Even Sam's speech in the finale placed the blame for the Flag Smashers' existence on the governments and Isaiah Bradley's story might be the most damning thing a superhero work has ever said about the US government.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know if they're really bothsiding the situation. Or if they are, they're leaning really close to being anti-establishment. Even Sam's speech in the finale placed the blame for the Flag Smashers' existence on the governments and Isaiah Bradley's story might be the most damning thing a superhero work has ever said about the US government.
    I may not be explaining myself properly. Sam's speech was good. But a lot of people have accused the MCU of military propaganda by working with the US military, which we've seen has been used as political tools. Remember the war in Iraq? Yet MCU movies like CA2 also criticize that kind of thinking. But, maybe I'm off base.

Extraordinary Member

The comics characters as they appear in the comics work for
    an audience who grew up on comics.

What the Marvel movies did IMHO, was to militarize every character that they could get away with militarizing. Which is what the Ultimate Comics Universe did before even the movies.

Audiences of entertainment media never rolled thier eyes at say Solid Snake and Sam Fisher the way they do at say, Wonder Man. By making the characters military operatives they got movie audiences to buy in to the characters "reality". Even the Batman movies did this up to a point.

A person who sees an action movie every summer isn't going to ever think a dude with a pet Falcon is a threat to an armed thug (especially to the kind of heavily armed thugs you have in action movies-where everybody has automatic weapons) .

If he has a pet drone...now that they will buy.

But a lot of people have accused the MCU of military propaganda by working with the US military,
    Who are these people? When have Marvel heroes willingly worked with the US or other world military? The military always comes off horrible outside of Rhodey and Sam.

IM1 showed the "both sides" of weapon contractors and IM2 had Stark tell the US military to F off. IM3 had the US govt look like fools with they rebranded and used Rhodey and then got out tricked by fake mandaran.

Avengers had the govt try and nuke one fo the biggest cities in the world in a panic move.

Cap 2 had cap completely tear apart SHIELD

General Ross was the villain in Incredible Hulk and then came back to basically be a villain/idiot in CW.

In what movie did the US govt actually look good other than Cap 1 set in WW2? Or US military? Or anyone but the heroes lol? Governments and militaries in comic book stuff are generally inept and stupid, hence the need for the heroes.

Ultimate Member

That's a good point. But couldn't that be problematic if they seem to work with the military in the real world?

That's a good point. But couldn't that be problematic if they seem to work with the military in the real world?
    When did this happen?

Are you just thinking about Sam and Rhodey? Rhodey is military through and through but that is his character.

Sam is military but also went "free agent" when he wanted ot... he was a contractor meaning, once again, he got to choose his missions.