Page 534 of 828 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584634 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 12408
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    M'baku as BP is against the movie canon since he worships Haruman and not Bast
    Good thing I didn't suggest M'Baku.

How about Shuri as BP instead?

I just don't think recasting Boseman will go over well.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post

well how bout the canon that Killmonger is dead then lol. Did yall forget he had a spear in his gut and then he pulled it out and died lol?

Or how about the canon that Killmonger is a black ops killer who wanted to start wars because he's throwing a temper tantrum?

MU Shuri... sure. MCU shuri was specifically changed from the comic version to avoid any "just girl T'challa" stuff... like making he ra super smart 16 year old nerd who can't fight worth a ****. Own mom woudl rather give a war dog the herb or M'baku instead of her. She ain't built for that life. All the tribes would be licking their chops to take the throne in the waterfall lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Movie Shuri is not interested in being a queen or a superhero. Both Nakia and M'baku were offered the last heart shaped herb before T'challa was found. Shuri wasn't even thought of, she's more than happy being in her lab.

Twitter would get mad about recasting for about a day or two. That hellsite has the memory of a goldfish.

And I'm sure we're all surprised.

Yet people say trust Marvel in regards to BP.

Incredible Member

well how bout the canon that Killmonger is dead then lol. Did yall forget he had a spear in his gut and then he pulled it out and died lol?

Or how about the canon that Killmonger is a black ops killer who wanted to start wars because he's throwing a temper tantrum
    Oh **** Killmonger's dead?? News to me.

And black ops killer? Yeah that's where redemption comes in. Good guys like Rogers Cap wouldn't be the ones in need of redemption, right?

Again, comics. This whole "surely, they could NEVER do THAT???"... it's like, you know retcons and a wizard did it shenanigans happen all the time.

Incredible Member

Damn. Hopefully they can get it sorted.

Blade came out in 1998, Wesley was 35 at the time, he's 58 now. Marshalla is 47 now, in 3 more years puts him at a pretty damn old Daywalker. Not sure why they need to re-cool Blade when the first one hasn't lost any rhythm even if it is going on 25 years. Considering Blade II is a classic going away not sure what else can be done considering.

Looks like I won't ever get my period piece Blade with the yellow shooting range glasses actualized but I still can't say a better lane than what's already been done is anyway to elevate the character at this point. Even the Tomb of Dracula OOG is mostly a nostalgia play but even within that, are ideas the MCU has utilized throughout at times.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Oh **** Killmonger's dead?? News to me.

And black ops killer? Yeah that's where redemption comes in. Good guys like Rogers Cap wouldn't be the ones in need of redemption, right?

Again, comics. This whole "surely, they could NEVER do THAT???"... it's like, you know retcons and a wizard did it shenanigans happen all the time.
    there is a differnece between redemptions and stupidity

ending up King of Wakanda is stupidity, it doesn't make any sort of narrative sense at all.

Incredible Member

there is a differnece between redemptions and stupidity

ending up King of Wakanda is stupidity, it doesn't make any sort of narrative sense at all.
    Didn't say he'd be king. Just someone taking on the mantle in some way.

Stupidity for whom? The movie writers? In-universe characters?

Ultimate Member

Is "against canon" even a thing? It's comics.

But alright, I digress
    Well, yeah, but I think it would be a bad move regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Movie Shuri is not interested in being a queen or a superhero. Both Nakia and M'baku were offered the last heart shaped herb before T'challa was found. Shuri wasn't even thought of, she's more than happy being in her lab.

Twitter would get mad about recasting for about a day or two. That hellsite has the memory of a goldfish.
    Shuri can be her own hero instead of doing the whole herb business.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Except Bucky earned his redemption, the things he did as the Winter Soldier were against his will. Erik wasn't brainwashed, he was a hotep with a gym membership, a redhaired stepchild with a chip on his shoulder, that and he's dead, he died before the snap, if they bring him back, people would ask "Why don't they just bring back T'challa?" That's a whole other can of worms.
    Speaking of Bucky, I've seen some people who hated him for not telling Steve about Isaiah.

Never understood that. For one thing, he probably didn't even remember Isaiah immediately after he was freed from Hydra.

Didn't say he'd be king. Just someone taking on the mantle in some way.

Stupidity for whom? The movie writers? In-universe characters?
    If you are doi nga redemption story, W'kabi makes 1000000000000000000x more sense anyway

Incredible Member

If you are doi nga redemption story, W'kabi makes 1000000000000000000x more sense anyway
    What is doi nga? Is that like implying someone's an idiot?

W'kabi would be good too.
    Last edited by newparisian; 05-05-2021 at 10:01 AM.

What is doi nga? Is that like implying someone's an idiot?
    "If you are doing a redemption story, W'kabi makes 1000000000000000000x more sense anyway"

It was a spelling error.