Page 535 of 827 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 12394
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    "If you are doing a redemption story, W'kabi makes 1000000000000000000x more sense anyway"

It was a spelling error.
    Gotcha. Thanks. Thought it was like duh or derp or something haha
    Last edited by newparisian; 05-05-2021 at 10:06 AM.

why not just do Val-Zod? Why racebend Kal?

race bending Kal changes the character completely... he isn't Kal then.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Gaming in colour: uncovering video games’ black pioneers

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...black-pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Anyone watch the Black Lady Sketch Show?
    Watch the 1st season thought it was pretty good overall

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Apparently they retconned the hell out of MAC's origin btw

spoilers:
    no more utopian alien society thing, she's Earth Latina
    end of spoilers
    Could be for the best long term.. tying Wiccan to her Origin was a awful idea Imo was the only part that I thought should be reconed..

why not just do Val-Zod? Why racebend Kal?

Makes no sense at all but I've been saying that about a lot of WB's movie decisions. If they really wanted to crawl out of Marvel's shadow they'd go and make a Val-Zod movie to kickoff an Earth-2 movie series.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Mighty Member

"conveniently human-looking space alien", "adopted by farmers", and "wide-eyed boy scout" aren't really things specific to any one skin tone...or at least not to point of having to make sweeping changes to the characterization or origin in order to maintain suspension of disbelief.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 05-05-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    "space alien", "adopted by farmers", and "wide-eyed boy scout" aren't really things specific to any one skin tone.
    Then their isn't a point to change his race.

Unless you are going to play into it. Race bending him just for the sake of it isn't why you hire Coates boring ass to write the script.

but you are also being obtuse. Half the reason he is looked up to a "hope" or whatever and is an inspiration is because he is white. If he's black. you have a decent chunk of people who instantly hate him for no other reason. It is like a black captain american on Yellow Sun Steroids. It is a black captain america that you CANT HURT.

Growing up not being actively despised for no reason will not result in the same demeanor for an all powerful alien.

Now.... if you arnen't going to bring that stuff up...what is the point of making him black then?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Then their isn't a point to change his race.

Unless you are going to play into it. Race bending him just for the sake of it isn't why you hire Coates boring ass to write the script.

but you are also being obtuse. Half the reason he is looked up to a "hope" or whatever and is an inspiration is because he is white. If he's black. you have a decent chunk of people who instantly hate him for no other reason. It is like a black captain american on Yellow Sun Steroids. It is a black captain america that you CANT HURT.

Growing up not being actively despised for no reason will not result in the same demeanor for an all powerful alien.

Now.... if you arnen't going to bring that stuff up...what is the point of making him black then?
    Not saying I'd personally race-bend him. But if someone else did while keeping the character origin much the same - and, let's face it, much of the (onscreen) hate towards him will come from Lex Luthor and whichever crowd he successfully manipulated (interpretation of root sentiments left up to the audience) - I wouldn't be taken aback much, if at all.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 05-05-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Blade came out in 1998, Wesley was 35 at the time, he's 58 now. Marshalla is 47 now, in 3 more years puts him at a pretty damn old Daywalker. Not sure why they need to re-cool Blade when the first one hasn't lost any rhythm even if it is going on 25 years. Considering Blade II is a classic going away not sure what else can be done considering.

.Looks like I won't ever get my period piece Blade with the yellow shooting range glasses actualized but I still can't say a better lane than what's already been done is anyway to elevate the character at this point. Even the Tomb of Dracula OOG is mostly a nostalgia play but even within that, are ideas the MCU has utilized throughout at times.
    The original Blade flicks never really tell us where Vampires come from (but explain that Vampirism is a disease). There are OG Vampires...no one knows how or why...there just have always been there.

The TV series ( which is supposed to be the same universe) strongly suggested that OG Vampires are"not of this Earth". They are Aliens pretty much.

If the MCU loves anything it's Aliens and explaining everything as because alien tech.

If I was gonna guess their version of Blade is eitherbgonna be very similar to Resident Evil with bioweapon unleashed plotlines or it's gonna lean hard into Alien Invasion tropes.

More crazed dudes in lab coats, less crazed dudes in fetish gear.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The original Blade flicks never really tell us where Vampires come from (but explain that Vampirism is a disease). There are OG Vampires...no one knows how or why...there just have always been there.

The TV series ( which is supposed to be the same universe) strongly suggested that OG Vampires are"not of this Earth". They are Aliens pretty much.

If the MCU loves anything it's Aliens and explaining everything as because alien tech.

If I was gonna guess their version of Blade is eitherbgonna be very similar to Resident Evil with bioweapon unleashed plotlines or it's gonna lean hard into Alien Invasion tropes.

More crazed dudes in lab coats, less crazed dudes in fetish gear.
    Magic and the supernatural have already been confirmed in the MCU, including Ghost Rider and The Darkhold tome which, in the comics, is what created vamps to begin with. So it'll probably veer well away from the galactic side of the setting.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    New actor playing T'Challa, you mean?
    Nah, too many comparisons to Boseman would make it a lightning rod. Like recasting Han Solo (old man version) or something.
    With Jordan, the groundwork is already laid, and who doesn't love a good Bucky type redemption story?
    People will compare the new actor to Boseman. But then they'll get over it. Just like every new Bond, Batman, or Hulk.

Racebending Kal does seem like an odd choice. A black man with the power of a god would make a lot of people uncomfortable, both in universe and not. DC has 3 black supermen, but I suppose Coates wasn't interested in writing any of them. I imagine that Coates is going to deconstruct him, which is going to be painful. I wonder if he's going to racebend Lois, or the Kents, or Jimmy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Racebending Kal does seem like an odd choice. A black man with the power of a god would make a lot of people uncomfortable, both in universe and not. DC has 3 black supermen, but I suppose Coates wasn't interested in writing any of them. I imagine that Coates is going to deconstruct him, which is going to be painful. I wonder if he's going to racebend Lois, or the Kents, or Jimmy as well.
    are their black Kansas farmers lol? And I mean not the workers, the people who actually own the land.

I'm from the land of corn/beans and I now live around the land of cotton/cabbage/hay/pecans and i've never seen a black farm owner in my life. Plenty of people working the fields are black or migrant mexicans but they don't own the fields.

Mighty Member

are their black Kansas farmers lol? And I mean not the workers, the people who actually own the land.

I'm from the land of corn/beans and I now live around the land of cotton/cabbage/hay/pecans and i've never seen a black farm owner in my life. Plenty of people working the fields are black or migrant mexicans but they don't own the fields.
    They exist.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 05-06-2021 at 05:46 AM.