Page 544 of 824 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 12353

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I figure that at least Coates understands Superman better
    than Zach Snyder because it would be impossible for him to be any worse at it than Snyder was. Snyder tried to make two movies about Superman and somehow ended up making two movies about Hyperion from Supreme Power instead.

Depending on where they intend to set it history wise, Black Superman could end up like Blue Marvel without the race hiding angle.

But I think it's going to do what your average Elseworlds comic does but in movie form. Where you take the Superman concepts, plug them into the new period/setting and go from there.

The only thing I am sure of is that the movie will have Lex Luthor in it because its ALWAYS Lex Luthor. Somebody needs to do one of those movie petitions to ask DC to stop using Lex Luthor all the damn time already.
    Snyder's Superman is not remotely like Hyperion.

Paul Mooney has passed... heart attack, he was 79.
    The Negrodamus skits from Chappelle's Show floored me everydamntime. Oddly enough today would have Malcolm X's birthday.
    His 'Jesus Was Black' special was hilarious too, RIP.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The Negrodamus skits from Chappelle's Show floored me everydamntime. Oddly enough today would have Malcolm X's birthday.
    Man, I remember Mooney did a gig at Harlem's Lenox Lounge for about a month about I guess about 10 years back now (!).

It surprised the heck out of me at the time given his status and how tiny the Lenox Lounge venue was. I thought he must have been doing a favor for the owner, which I thought was really cool all things considered.

R.I.P.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Shoot...RIP Paul Mooney.

This controversy on how ugly or not ugly the Shang Chi actor is is somewhat fascinating
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This controversy on how ugly or not ugly the Shang Chi actor is is somewhat fascinating
    Standards of attraction based on European features, of course.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Isn't it mostly some people from China complaining about his looks?

Ultimate Member

I wonder representative of the Chinese population are the people complaining about this.

Whatever the case, no one should call him or any other actor ugly. Frankly, superheroes could use more non-standard looking people

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wonder representative of the Chinese population are the people complaining about this.

Whatever the case, no one should call him or any other actor ugly. Frankly, superheroes could use more non-standard looking people
    Yeah, it is China calling him ugly.

It is just interesting. I mean... cultures have different beauty standards. I've seen pictures of what they consider "leading man material' and yeah... dudes look like Asian Thranduil/Legolas lol.

I'm not saying it is wrong, just interesting.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-20-2021 at 06:19 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yep, you'd be surprised at how some folks from the far East are obsessed with "Eurocentric" features.

I watched a couple of docs on Youtube and needless to say, I was stunned.

Simu Liu is not ugly...at all. Anyone saying that guy's ugly needs to get their eyes examined.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yep, you'd be surprised at how some folks from the far East are obsessed with "Eurocentric" features.
    I don't know to the extent people in China have this, but I recall a youtuber I follow pointing this out as a criticism in the characters designs of some Japanese anime and video games.

Ultimate Member

It is just interesting. I mean... cultures have different beauty standards. I've seen pictures of what they consider "leading man material' and yeah... dudes look like Asian Thranduil/Legolas lol.

I mean, Hollywood's not much better.

I think dude has a normal looking look to him, I'm rockin'... I mean whatever his name is, I see nobody put any respect on that lol.

See now I wanna know where is all the ugly energy is over Awkwafina cause uhhh... look. Tbh, you ain't gotta be fine to be a rapper, look at 50. Same time he raps better than she does...
    You bet yer ass.

Damn. Didn't know Salma Hayek was gonna be in Eternals

And talk about being an action star — you’re playing a superhero next in Marvel’s “Eternals.”
    It never crossed my mind to be in a Marvel movie. I guess that I thought that boat had sailed, and it was an absolute shock. All of a sudden, I got a call: “They want to talk to you about a new franchise.” And I was like, “What?” And I said OK, but they don’t tell you any information until you’re on the call. It’s kind of hard to be an action hero if you’re Mexican. It’s really hard to be an action hero if you’re a Mexican and a woman. But to be an action hero, being Mexican, a woman, and my age, it felt like they were punking me. And then the worst part is that I was one of the first people they cast. I had to keep my mouth shut for so many months. I couldn’t tell a soul. And I couldn’t wait for the day that I could say it.
    Double Damn.

You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I mean, Hollywood's not much better.
    I don't know what this means nor what it brings to the conversation about China's leading man standards

I'm not even blaming China... they can like what they like. Don't really care, it is just interesting the difference.