Page 555 of 827 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 12391

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What is this story going around that COVID-19 vaccines makes people “magnetic”?
    Idiots.

I don't think this world is salvageable.

Or, it is always been terrrible, but I was too young and social media didn't exist so I didn't know.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Funny how those elite societies in media never have non white males

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Dwayne Johnson Working With An Aquaman Star On New Action Movie

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...bdul-mateen-ii
    Finally some black action star in the making.

We really DESPERATELY need new blood to fill in the actions roles and gap left behind by Wesley Snipes, MJW, Billy Blanks, etc.

Maaaan, I hope this movie does not disappoint like Without Remorse.

Edit:

Speaking of black action stars.... When is season 2 of Gangs of London coming? Maaan, actor Dope Dirisu was superb in his action scenes in season 1.
    Last edited by Besouro; 06-13-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Idiots.

I don't think this world is salvageable.

Or, it is always been terrrible, but I was too young and social media didn't exist so I didn't know.
    Probably the latter

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Finally some black action star in the making.

We really DESPERATELY need new blood to fill in the actions roles and gap left behind by Wesley Snipes, MJW, Billy Blanks, etc.

Maaaan, I hope this movie does not disappoint like Without Remorse.

Edit:

Speaking of black action stars.... When is season 2 of Gangs of London coming? Maaan, actor Dope Dirisu was superb in his action scenes in season 1.
    Without Remorse was really cliché. I was surprised and disappointed

Tbh, I don't think a lot of newer actors in general are becoming action stars, at least not from what I've seen

Seems like MBJ is trying to break into that role.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Seems like MBJ is trying to break into that role.
    I don't think the movie around him really helped him. Maybe the sequel will be better

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think the movie around him really helped him. Maybe the sequel will be better
    He has two creed movies and BP villain role too though

He's trying lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well.... Hollywood is not calling his number.

You notice all this last movies are produced by WHO???? HIM.

Extraordinary Member

Without Remorse was DOPE. And it's still doing pretty well on streaming. Why ppl only complain about cliches when it comes to action movies? Things that make you go Hmmmmm...

Ultimate Member

He has two creed movies and BP villain role too though

He's trying lol.
    Sorry, I thought you meant this movie in particular, not his career as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Idk if that means he's not successful

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Without Remorse was DOPE. And it's still doing pretty well on streaming. Why ppl only complain about cliches when it comes to action movies? Things that make you go Hmmmmm...
    Because action movies are often full of clichés. But I complain about clichés in all types of movies.

Anyway, WR wasn't great IMO. The plot was generic and somewhat predictable

Extraordinary Member

I didnt see WR, don't have an opinion on it.

I have some thoughts on the genre itself though.

Military Action flicks might be even more Director dependent than regular Action movies, which is saying something.

If you took away all the shaky cam, would anybody even like the Bourne movies? Jason Bourne has all the personality of a Zombie. I saw Olympus Has Fallen and I can't remember a single thing about the main character other than him being played by Gerald Butler.

It's a hard genre to stand out in. There's a ton of it already, much of it looks identical and the heroes of these kind of stories don't stand out all that much unless you are counting the over the top stuff like Rambo.

Say what you will about the Cop movie genre, but at least those movies seem to demand that thier protagonists stand out which makes the movies themselves more memorable. They can be bloodthirsty, corrupt, perverted or insane. Sometimes all at once.

Military Action movies tend not to produce roles like Popeye Doyle or Alonzo Harris, that Oscar bait stuff.

Ultimate Member

Bourne wasn't supposed to have a lot of personality. But he had good action scenes. Frankly, before him, hand to hand action scenes in movies weren't very good IMO outside of martial arts movies

And cop movie characters may stand out but a lot of them tend to have archaic or outdated characterization

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

This is crazy talk. MBJ is the current GOTO Black actor in Hollywood at the moment(it used to be Idris). When a project is looking for a Black lead, his name is the one that is tossed in the most. They were even about to cast this guy as Superman lol.

It's also heavily encouraged for actors to start producing for more money and control. The Rock and a lot of other big names have started producing their own projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I didnt see WR, don't have an opinion on it.

I have some thoughts on the genre itself though.

Military Action flicks might be even more Director dependent than regular Action movies, which is saying something.

If you took away all the shaky cam, would anybody even like the Bourne movies? Jason Bourne has all the personality of a Zombie. I saw Olympus Has Fallen and I can't remember a single thing about the main character other than him being played by Gerald Butler.

It's a hard genre to stand out in. There's a ton of it already, much of it looks identical and the heroes of these kind of stories don't stand out all that much unless you are counting the over the top stuff like Rambo.

Say what you will about the Cop movie genre, but at least those movies seem to demand that thier protagonists stand out which makes the movies themselves more memorable. They can be bloodthirsty, corrupt, perverted or insane. Sometimes all at once.

Military Action movies tend not to produce roles like Popeye Doyle or Alonzo Harris, that Oscar bait stuff.
    There just doesn't seem to be a lot of franchise potential for those action movies anymore, which is probably one reason hollywood doesn't pump them out as much.

Fast and Furious is basically the only action franchise and... that did not happen on purpose lol. It just kinda morphed into it over time.

John Wick is about hte only one at the moment and it wasn't supposed to be! It just did so well they did another and then went "**** it, let's do 5!"

Hemsworth is gonna try with Extraction but we will see how that goes lol. At least dude is finaly getting a sequel for something. He seemed to give up on the actino stuff after snow white and went comedy instead.