Page 56 of 824 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

"Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron" will introduce Riri Williams a.k.a. Ironheart to the Marvel Rising universe, voiced by Sofia Wylie (“Andi Mack”). In this 44-minute special, we find Riri Williams adjusting to college life and feeling socially isolated because she is younger than the other students. After Hala the Accuser destroys the school’s engineering lab and kidnaps Riri’s best friend, Riri finds inspiration in her hero Iron Man and hatches a plan to defeat Hala and save the day.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...inkId=57642117

I figured Riri would probably make her animated debut in Marvel Rising. It felt like the kind of thing she would be a good fit for .

Although didn't I read somewhere that she was based off Skai Jackson to some degree? But here she's playing Glory Grant .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Post-Killmonger T'Challa wasn't around during Rwanda, and pre-Killmonger T'Challa was about at most 5 when it happened.
    True I wasn't event thinking of the actual Rwandan genocide when I read that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Maybe.

care and helping are two different things though. i don't even know how you would help something like that. Can you really march into a sovereign nation and declare yourself savior? Things get slipppery real quick and how do you choose to police which nation when? there is terrible **** happening all over the place.

Tchalla: "Our weapons will not be used to wage war on the world. It is not our way to be judge, jury and executioner for people who aren't our own."

Killmonger: "Not your own? Didn't life start here on this continent? So ain't all people your people?"

T'challa: "I am not king of all people. I am king of Wakanda. And it is my responsibility to make sure that our people are safe.

I sometimes feel like people romanticize Wakanda a bit much in thinking this tiny little nation could fix all these problems everywhere.

I always thought T'challa reaction to Niganda in Hudlin's run was telling. After Killmonger got killed (again), Nigandans asked him if he would really share Wakanda's wealth or whatver. And T'challa said they would teach them to help themselves.
    Which is why I said movie-wise TChalla. Movie T'Challa= "All of you were wrong to turn your back on the world." Comic book Killmonger is more obssessed with making T'Challa have a bad day than doing anything constructive so its a bit inaccurate to compare movie and comic book versions in this context.

Also I saw that Marvel Rising kept Ms. America's gay moms in her backstory. I was not expecting that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Also I saw that Marvel Rising kept Ms. America's gay moms in her backstory. I was not expecting that.
    The different body types were a nice touch as well.

Like the characters and setup but they need to step it up on the animation -- every new series should be an improvement over the last.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-02-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

I guess Marvel isn't playing around anymore and is going after the DC Super Hero Girls fans.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Like the characters and setup but they need to step it up on the animation -- every new series should be an improvement over the last.
    It is generally same animation as Avengers Black Panther Quest which looks pretty good. Weirdly Marvel Rising Initiation the art was better than the movie. They got A and B team apparently.

My small gripe is Inferno who is latino and they can't seem to get his complexion just right.Which is weird with America Chavez on show with no issues. Maybe I am reaching

Wince every time I see a latino character with fire powers.

does the complexion change when he is using his powers perhaps?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is generally same animation as Avengers Black Panther Quest which looks pretty good. Weirdly Marvel Rising Initiation the art was better than the movie. They got A and B team apparently.

My small gripe is Inferno who is latino and they can't seem to get his complexion just right.Which is weird with America Chavez on show with no issues. Maybe I am reaching

I'm not familiar with that character but there are plenty of Latinos that complexion. There is not monolithic color for Latinos.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I guess Marvel isn't playing around anymore and is going after the DC Super Hero Girls fans.
    The movie felt like what if Young Justice and DC Super Hero Girls had a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

This movie looks so cool
    I am so hype for this.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

We really gotta help Kanye brothers drowning out there screaming for help, and people just walking by like it is Wednesday.

The man is screaming for help.
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I am so hype for this.
    Watch it in 3D if you can -- boosts the films profits and (in my opinion) it's a much better experience.

I pay about $9 for the matinee showing though so mileage may vary -- I wouldn't bother with it on something like Ocean's 8 but it makes a big difference on films like Dr. Strange and Ready Player One and I'm sure the same will apply to the Spider-Verse.

Now I'm watching Solo at home and wondering if it would have been worth it for the Millennium Falcon scenes alone -- kinda ironic since Rogue One was the movie that convinced me that 3D was worth the extra money.

The Vader scene was the closer -- saw it both in 2D and 3D and it had a lot more impact in 3D.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-03-2018 at 04:16 PM.