Page 563 of 828 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 12408
    Ultimate Member

Funny thing about the old westerns was that some characters that were originally black and Hispanic were race bent into being white.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...s-lost/502850/

Even a character played by John Wayne (who was an avowed white supremacist) was in real life a black man. The fact that so many people don’t even know the original fact just points out again how white supremacy has been baked into American society.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Netflix dropped a trailer for a cowboy movie with an all black cast that looks pretty interesting called The Harder They Fall
    A ton of actors with great dramatic chops in here, though it looks to be more of a lighthearted action flick. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Funny thing about the old westerns was that some characters that were originally black and Hispanic were race bent into being white.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...s-lost/502850/

Even a character played by John Wayne (who was an avowed white supremacist) was in real life a black man. The fact that so many people don’t even know the original fact just points out again how white supremacy has been baked into American society.
    But I thought only non-white people were forced into movies, and old movies were better because they were based on merit/s

Ultimate Member

Watched a classic epsiode of GLOW (80s version not Netflix) on Tubi.

They have season 3 listed as season one. Amway at the end of episode 16- a joke was made about Justice (one of the few black wrestlers) by Sara & Mabel (whose gimmicks were wearing white hoods and being from redneck territory.)

The joke was about inviting Justice to something-the joke ended with inviting Justice to a LYNCH with the noose hand gesture. And yes LYNCH was said instead of lunch.

This episode was from 1987-the wrestler Sally (who died last year) was doing Married With Children as one of Al's dream girls in an episode.

I know there were some stereotypes in season one but how did that joke survive almost 35 years? If I hadn't see Mable do the lynching gesture-I might not have notice what she said.

Extraordinary Member

samba_tv
    727k US households watched the third episode of Loki on Wednesday �� We only Lamentis that the series has reached its halfway point. What did you think of the latest episode?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQg5rQiB...mpaign=loading

Anti-sjw's youtube channels like geeks amd gamers,heel vs babyface,thequartering etc..are happy that the 3rd episode of loki had drop in the ratings from the samba report or bounding into comics is talking about it.
    The ratings are still higher then wandavision for example and could still go back up.If not they will still be higher.

These are same guys who were jumping up and down in joy saying the falcon and winter soldier series was declining in the ratings because it was woke just like loki show is.

It is clear falcon and winter soldier show when up in ratings and was number one for a couple of weeks and episode 6 was still in top ten for number for a few more weeks.
    Of course they never talk about that.

The anti-sjw youtube channels love to talk about disney and marvel failing(they are NOT failing by the way) and those other channels mecharandom42 (that red hair chick)and clownfish tv etc..
    I even read some comments in heelvsbadyface youtube channel that the mcu(movies and current shows etc..) is all filler except endgame,and marvel was always woke and trash etc...
    Clearly these guys and their followers are outrageous.

Youngrippa59 is another one.
    Always talking about racebending and heroes like miles,supergirl,she-hulk are tokenized.
    He using that word wrong by the way.
    Just because there is a batman that does not mean batwoman and batgirl are tokenized superheroes.
    Alan scott was first green lantern,then hal.Does that mean hal,john and other are tokenized just because they have the same type powers and are aclled green lantern? no.
    He always bring up miles as tokenized but i don't think he has never brought up john stewart,so he is very careful with that one.
    He made up own definition of what is token and ignores the fact that dc and more so marvel do show original characters that are poc and white as well.
    Now they are complaining about the upcoming latino snow white and her comments on twitter.

Zachary Levi Defends Captain Marvel Brie Larson!!!
    clarissa35f5 hours ago (edited) quote-

Just some Info..they are not Anti-SJW,..they are SJW of the Right. They are the same as SJW of the Left. Anti-SJW implies they are against the behavior that SJW of the left engage in...but they are not against the behavior, they are just against their Social Progressivism. They are just SJW in the name of Social Conservatism. personally, whether these SJW hate the reviews because they include some nods to Progressivism, they already hated this movie. None of their videos is gonna convince anyone to NOT see this, that already wanted to see it. When this movie opens to $100 million opening weekend, and $800 million total Box office... people will finally learn to ignore their blather. They are few in Numbers and do not Influence the Box office. And...they only affect us if we forget that, ..and allow them to... My advice,... watch the film, make up your own mind,...and learn to ignore the haterz they are gonna cherry pick the reviews for negativity anyway. Even if in the end they have no discernible effect.

TheVirusSoftware quote-
    Anti-SJWs didn't become what they hate. They were always exactly that. Since the very beginning they were fragile snowflakes whining and crying about whatever they've heard billionaire funded propagandist like Ben Shapiro whining and crying about. These are mindless reactionary hive minded bullies, nothing more.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-26-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Watched a classic epsiode of GLOW (80s version not Netflix) on Tubi.

They have season 3 listed as season one. Amway at the end of episode 16- a joke was made about Justice (one of the few black wrestlers) by Sara & Mabel (whose gimmicks were wearing white hoods and being from redneck territory.)

The joke was about inviting Justice to something-the joke ended with inviting Justice to a LYNCH with the noose hand gesture. And yes LYNCH was said instead of lunch.

This episode was from 1987-the wrestler Sally (who died last year) was doing Married With Children as one of Al's dream girls in an episode.

I know there were some stereotypes in season one but how did that joke survive almost 35 years? If I hadn't see Mable do the lynching gesture-I might not have notice what she said.
    Not even the worst instance that I can recall on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    samba_tv

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQg5rQiB...mpaign=loading

Anti-sjw's youtube channels like geeks amd gamers,heel vs babyface,thequartering etc..are happy that the 3rd episode of loki had drop in the ratings from the samba report or bounding into comics is talking about it.
    The ratings are still higher then wandavision for example and could still go back up.If not they will still be higher.
    Those dudes should be lucky Marvel keeps giving them material to stay relevant lol.

TBH, I find Loki pretty boring but that is just me lol. And they nerfed the hell out of him, which drives me nuts lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Those dudes should be lucky Marvel keeps giving them material to stay relevant lol.

TBH, I find Loki pretty boring but that is just me lol. And they nerfed the hell out of him, which drives me nuts lol
    They nerfed almost everybody in the MCU in fairness. Steve is a rare case of being more powerful than his comic counterpart often is. I imagine they only have so much money in their budget.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-27-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They nerfed almost everybody in the MCU in fairness. Steve is a rare case of being more powerful than his comic counterpart often is. I imagine they only have so much money in their budget.
    No, they nerfed Loki from the movie version. Not talking about the comics.

Captain America couldn't hurt Loki in Avengers and Loki was bullet proof.

Now... he's expending effort on people movie loki would curbstomp.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No, they nerfed Loki from the movie version. Not talking about the comics.

Captain America couldn't hurt Loki in Avengers and Loki was bullet proof.

Now... he's expending effort on people movie loki would curbstomp.
    He definitely seems less powerful or competent than he did in his first few movies. I wonder if part of that is because of how much of a punchline Ragnarok turned him into.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He definitely seems less powerful or competent than he did in his first few movies. I wonder if part of that is because of how much of a punchline Ragnarok turned him into.
    I don't think it's that ... I mean, Ragnarok had punchlines aplenty for everybody all around, Loki, Thor, Hulk, Grandmaster, everybody. I think he's nerfed in the show so you can have him numerous fights with randos from the TVA to those guards in the last episode, and act as if the fights have any tension or significance. If he was "it takes all the Avengers to defeat me" nemesis level the entire time, none of those redshirts should ever get near him, and you only have the Time Master's plus maybe one or two of their dragons to give him a challenge. Hard to have him as a protagonist who faces regular challenges, with that as the standard.

Random point on that last episode though, wasn't there a point when they were running around during that last barrage, where a giant column was about to fall on them, and he goes, "I got this", and apparently just pushes it back up and out of the way? Did I imagine that?

Has even movie Loki had powerful telekinesis, before? I only watched the episode the once, so maybe I didn't get what was happening, just then. If it was that ... that was weird, right?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I don't think it's that ... I mean, Ragnarok had punchlines aplenty for everybody all around, Loki, Thor, Hulk, Grandmaster, everybody. I think he's nerfed in the show so you can have him numerous fights with randos from the TVA to those guards in the last episode, and act as if the fights have any tension or significance. If he was "it takes all the Avengers to defeat me" nemesis level the entire time, none of those redshirts should ever get near him, and you only have the Time Master's plus maybe one or two of their dragons to give him a challenge. Hard to have him as a protagonist who faces regular challenges, with that as the standard.

Random point on that last episode though, wasn't there a point when they were running around during that last barrage, where a giant column was about to fall on them, and he goes, "I got this", and apparently just pushes it back up and out of the way? Did I imagine that?

Has even movie Loki had powerful telekinesis, before? I only watched the episode the once, so maybe I didn't get what was happening, just then. If it was that ... that was weird, right?
    I recall him telekinetically throwing objects in his cell around in a rage after he learned Freya was killed in Dark World.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post

That moment stuck out to me because it was random as heck.

That column that was about to fall on them was massive and he just casually caught it telekinetically.

Why hasn't he used this ability up to this point? Can he use it to only catch stuff? Loki is a magician frost giant, he should be a lot more formidable than he's been portrayed thus far on the tv series.

The randomness of power levels was a major criticisms of older tv series but that was largely due to budget constraints and technology.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I recall him telekinetically throwing objects in his cell around in a rage after he learned Freya was killed in Dark World. I think that's the only time he used telekinesis but I could be wrong.
    You're correct.

Even in the series, he telekinetically pulled an object towards him in the store where they met Lady Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That moment stuck out to me because it was random as heck.

That column that was about to fall on them was massive and he just casually caught it telekinetically.

Why hasn't he used this ability up to this point? Can he use it to only catch stuff? Loki is a magician frost giant, he should be a lot more formidable than he's been portrayed thus far on the tv series.

The randomness of power levels was a major criticisms of older tv series but that was largely due to budget constraints and technology.
    spoilers:
    There is a theory that all this isn't actually real and that Loki is simply projecting an illusion into Sylvie's head
    end of spoilers.