Page 566 of 828 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is kind of sad but understandable.

The book the series was based upon had been adapted so creatively it wasn’t clear where they could to take the story.
    https://www.cbr.com/lovecraft-country-season-2-plot/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Hollywood is filled up with all sort of bigotry and racism but they use all sort of leaps in logic to justify their own failings.
    Yeah, Hollywood's history with racism isn't even much of a secret, despite how angry anti-SJWs complain about Hollywood being too SJW

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well it does not help when China enforces that.

I mean water is wet but what black lead movie needed the oversea market to break even?

Tyler Perry does not need it.

I mean you can keep tossing these white male lead movies that flop and eat up budgets all you like.

It's not my money. I just know I would be tired of the line of flops whose budgets start at $100 million.
    It's true at least the Chinese government enforces it. Idk how much the Chinese film industry or general populace cares about it.

But as you point out, bland White male leads keep getting chances despite often failing. Other demographics should get the same opportunity.

From what I've heard from Chinese online friends, the Chinese people liked Black Panther just fine. It's really the CCP that has an issue with films of its ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    From what I've heard from Chinese online friends, the Chinese people liked Black Panther just fine. It's really the CCP that has an issue with films of its ilk.
    BP sold just fine over there.

Of course, compared to the ridiculous BO it brought in in the states it was, "low," but compared to other Marvel movies, it sold just fine.

Just like America, you can be a rather racist society and still enjoy being entertained by black people.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Then if the people don't care, what's the government's problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP sold just fine over there.

Of course, compared to the ridiculous BO it brought in in the states it was, "low," but compared to other Marvel movies, it sold just fine.

Just like America, you can be a rather racist society and still enjoy being entertained by black people.
    Exactly. Liking what a minority group does doesn't meaning liking that minority group. People have done that for centuries. It's why the "I have a Black friend/spouse" excuse doesn't work.

Astonishing Member

Why does the government care? The Chinese government is very controlling, to put it mildly, lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Why does the government care? The Chinese government is very controlling, to put it mildly, lol
    I know, but they ban stuff for seemingly no reason.

Extraordinary Member

Micheal Jai White says he got a lot of love in china. Maybe the gov over there just doesn't want black content becoming competition.

All-New Member King Saturn Reborn's Avatar

I wish they would have made an Icon film. I do not mine a Black Superman movie but I would like to see some New Superheroes honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Micheal Jai White says he got a lot of love in china. Maybe the gov over there just doesn't want black content becoming competition.
    bobb sapp got tons of love in xenophobic a hell japan.

liek I said, as long as you entertain.,...

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    bobb sapp got tons of love in xenophobic a hell japan.

liek I said, as long as you entertain.,...

Yeah it's kinda like that scene in "Do the right thing" where the racist guy is describing how much he loves Magic Johnson "it's like he's not even black." Maybe it's that type of thing or maybe not. There definitely seems to be some type of discrepancy between the government and average ppl.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 07-04-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by King Saturn Reborn View Post
    I wish they would have made an Icon film. I do not mine a Black Superman movie but I would like to see some New Superheroes honestly.
    Eh I dunno much about Icon but how does he distinguish himself from Superman? Blue Marvel I can see. Denzel playing that role disappearing in the 60s and coming back that would be crazy. Icon not sure...

All-New Member King Saturn Reborn's Avatar

Eh I dunno much about Icon but how does he distinguish himself from Superman? Blue Marvel I can see. Denzel playing that role disappearing in the 60s and coming back that would be crazy. Icon not sure...
    Icon has a different origin story and slightly different power set than Superman. I think that Icon's origin story would be interesting to explore as it would explore the Alien as a Black Man in 1840's America with Superpowers up until current time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by King Saturn Reborn View Post
    Icon has a different origin story and slightly different power set than Superman. I think that Icon's origin story would be interesting to explore as it would explore the Alien as a Black Man in 1840's America with Superpowers up until current time.
    1840s okay that would make for some interesting flashbacks.

Yeah it's kinda like that scene in "Do the right thing" where the racist guy is describing how much he loves Magic Johnson "it's like he's not even black." Maybe it's that type of thing or maybe not. There definitely seems to be some type of discrepancy between the government and average ppl.
    I also think racism is just different when you don't have a population of that minority in your country.

But yeah, it is that type of thing. fi you have a "use" then you aren't "black." You are an NBA player, you aren't black. You are the son-in-law... you aren't black. You are just a neighbor, you aren't. You are "one of hte good ones"