Page 567 of 828 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 12411
    All-New Member King Saturn Reborn's Avatar

I kind of feel like we forget some of the great black actors that was in Sci Fi before the big Comic Book Movie boom of the 21st century. Like Avery Brooks was awesome as Capt. Sisko on Star Trek : Deep Space Nine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King Saturn Reborn View Post
    I kind of feel like we forget some of the great black actors that was in Sci Fi before the big Comic Book Movie boom of the 21st century. Like Avery Brooks was awesome as Capt. Sisko on Star Trek : Deep Space Nine.
    They weren't really that many though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hollywood wokeness is like social media activism.

Doesn't mean shit in the real world.

Speaking of hollywood wokeness....

complaining about Tony Stark being a pig in Iron Man 2 now just... totally missed the point of the whole damn character. He was a pig. That's... that's the point of him. His first non flash back scene was banging a journalist lol. Why go for the woke points now?
    A lot of stuff I read online kind of confuses me.

Like, I'm reading there's some "wokeness" outrage at how sexy Black Widow was in Iron Man 2.

Funny enough, I really don't remember her being "that" sexualized in the movie.

Maybe I'm "mansplaining" but I didn't see it when I first watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Like, I'm reading there's some "wokeness" outrage at how sexy Black Widow was in Iron Man 2.

she was sexualized for Marvel/Disney standards.

I always read it is she was a spy getting close to her target. she stopped that stuff instantly when she was "outed."

The only scene that was kind groan inducing was her changing int he back seat of hte car with Happy and Happy not paying attention to the road.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    she was sexualized for Marvel/Disney standards.

I always read it is she was a spy getting close to her target. she stopped that stuff instantly when she was "outed."

The only scene that was kind groan inducing was her changing int he back seat of hte car with Happy and Happy not paying attention to the road.
    Ok.

It's been a long time I've seen Iron Man 2 (that movie was too darn boring to rewatch).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh I dunno much about Icon but how does he distinguish himself from Superman? Blue Marvel I can see. Denzel playing that role disappearing in the 60s and coming back that would be crazy. Icon not sure...
    Icon was an alien that came to Earth in the 1800s. He turned himself into an alien when a slave found him.

So you had this powerful black guy that was an alien and did nothing until he met Rocket.

I think you could do a film that could at least explain why and show him at key events in history that normally get IGNORED or rewritten.

Was he one of the first black cowboys?

Was he one of the first black males who could vote prior to the Civil War?

Was he one of the black males Lincoln set to send to what is now Haiti as he was looking for a place to send black folks. Because he didn't think black and white s could live together?

Does he know who the five black (or half black) presidents are before Obama. I had a book that named 4 of them but lost it. the book was made while LBJ was in office.

What other names did he go by? Was his John Henry? Bass Reeves?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Icon was an alien that came to Earth in the 1800s. He turned himself into an alien when a slave found him.

So you had this powerful black guy that was an alien and did nothing until he met Rocket.

I think you could do a film that could at least explain why and show him at key events in history that normally get IGNORED or rewritten.

Was he one of the black males Lincoln set to send to what is now Haiti as he was looking for a place to send black folks. Because he didn't think black and white s could live together?

Does he know who the five black (or half black) presidents are before Obama. I had a book that named 4 of them but lost it. the book was made while LBJ was in office.

Sounds interesting, I would have a problem with an alien taking credit for Bass Reeves tho.

Incredible Member

Wish there was a hero that came from an all black planet.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I know, but they ban stuff for seemingly no reason.
    Nationalists tend to be obsessed with the national image and the illusion of a unified people. So anything that in their eyes threatens that needs to go.

All-New Member King Saturn Reborn's Avatar

They weren't really that many though.
    True but there was some. Technically even Wesley Snipes as Blade was another badass before the Marvel Studios movies but he was badass waaaay before Blade anyways.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King Saturn Reborn View Post
    True but there was some. Technically even Wesley Snipes as Blade was another badass before the Marvel Studios movies but he was badass waaaay before Blade anyways.
    Exactly.

Snipes was a bad ass way before Blade. He'd already done Passenger 57, Rising Sun and Demolition Man.

The dude was legit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Icon chose not to get involved and ended up a hardcore black conservative (not the Candace Owens type of black conservative..more traditional conservative).

It was his interactions with Rocket that opened up his eyes to certain issues within the community.

But it's hella unrealistic that a black man (alien or not) would keep silent in the face of slavery.

Ultimate Member

I thought she was needlessly sexualized even back then.

Incredible Member

Ta-Nehisi's Superman. If you think about it it's nothing more than Icon's story since it's set in the early 1900s according to reports. I would much rather that Ta-nehisi's Superman be set back in bibllical times like in the time of Moses.
    Last edited by abetterday; 07-06-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Incredible Member

Some like Sigmund Freud say that Moses was even the Pharaoh Akhenaten. And of course Akhenaten worshipped the Sun God Aten. a perfect fit for Superman-Kryptonians worshipped the sun god Rao and of course his creators was jewish. Was Moses The Pharaoh Akhenaten? Beardhistory.com 'Moses Led the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt and into the Holy Land. The Bible acknowledged that Moses was born and raised in Egyptian elite circles. Some wondered if he was thee Pharaoh Akhenaten. Akhenaten rejected the Gods of ancient Egypt and estalished a monotheist cult around the sun. Or Aten to be more precise. Akhenaten/Moses was married to Nefertiti and their depictions are almost touchingly domestic with the Queen tending the children while Akhenaten sits nearby. The depiction of artwork in this era was a 360 degree turn from the previous one.' This totally reminds me of Clark and Lois on the farm.