Page 574 of 828 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 12414
    Ultimate Member

So has there been any effort to curb the blatant racism?

Ultimate Member

https://news.yahoo.com/growing-animo...083200531.html

When Rydell Harrison started a new job as a school superintendent in southwestern Connecticut last August, he was excited to join a community that seemed committed to diversity and equity.

The Easton, Redding and Region 9 district, which covers two small, mostly white towns, had recently established a task force and allocated money to address the racial climate in schools. That decision was a response to the hundreds of students and recent alumni who wrote to school board members following George Floyd’s murder to describe racist incidents they’d experienced or witnessed at school. To Harrison, the task force was a sign that the community sat up and listened when young people advocated for change.

Things shifted, however, after the riot at the U.S. Capitol in January.

Some local residents started to complain that the diversity efforts were Harrison’s “agenda,” rather than something students and alumni requested. They labeled Harrison, the district’s first Black superintendent, an “activist” pushing to indoctrinate students with critical race theory. School board meetings filled with opponents lasted late into the night.

A mailer sent to community members from Nonpartisan Action for a Better Redding, a conservative nonprofit group, featured a Facebook post Harrison had written condemning conspiracy theories that fueled the Capitol riot, and it urged people to complain to school board members about him. Others mailers came from a political group called Save Our Schools, run by two Easton residents who no longer have children in the district, and questioned whether the district had a problem with bias and discrimination at all.

Harrison began to doubt whether he could lead the community on its diversity efforts in the face of so much opposition. At the end of June, he announced that he would resign.

Harrison is one of a small but growing number of educators who have left their jobs after school districts became inundated in recent months by furious parents who’ve accused them of teaching critical race theory, an academic framework usually taught in graduate schools that posits racial discrimination is embedded within U.S. laws and policies. Administrators at virtually every district facing these conflicts — including Harrison’s — have insisted they don’t teach critical race theory, but conservative activists are using that label for a range of diversity and equity initiatives that they consider too progressive, prompting lawmakers in 22 states to propose limits on how schools can talk about racial issues.

Ultimate Member

So a bunch of hicks don't like being taught racism isn't just Klansmen and Nazis like in movies?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So has there been any effort to curb the blatant racism?
    Not really, no.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Not really, no.
    Well, after the recent events, maybe someone should. This behavior shouldn't be tolerated

Well, after the recent events, maybe someone should. This behavior shouldn't be tolerated
    They just go "somethign somethign passionate fans futboll something something"

In homogenous societies, no one cares because the minority group isn't big enough to make a fuss

Britain with a quick google search is 3% black.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Only 3%. I would've sworn at least 5. Britain has a reasonable Asian population, doesn't it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They just go "somethign somethign passionate fans futboll something something"

In homogenous societies, no one cares because the minority group isn't big enough to make a fuss

Britain with a quick google search is 3% black.
    Also whenever it is brought up there's big a "at least we aren't Yanks" pushback. See also Australia and Canada.

Soccer games are regularly where the mask comes off, IMHO.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I feel Ben Grimm was in the spot where Deadpool now hold in the consciousness, that one brass character who always has something quippy to say. For The Thing to be popularized again he's prolly gonna need militarized redesign unfortunatley.

I bet if you ask Tim Story that brotha be like, 'dawg, I thought that that's what I was doin!' All anybody every could bring up is Galacta-cloud. I have no idea how much more 'spirit of the FF' can be brought on film than what he did. Even if it was FOX FF.

I'm not American but I guess the meme means you agree?

Only 3%. I would've sworn at least 5. Britain has a reasonable Asian population, doesn't it?
    Yeah but, I mean... when have they ever been allies in this sort of thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Also whenever it is brought up there's big a "at least we aren't Yanks" pushback. See also Australia and Canada.

Soccer games are regularly where the mask comes off, IMHO.
    Canadians and Australia be like, "we treat minorities great! Natives don't count because they aren't human!"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

I think some Americans have a odd idea that Canada is like America but more polite and with none of the "bad" stuff. But Canada has a long dark history of racism and ethnic tension.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think some Americans have a odd idea that Canada is like America but more polite and with none of the "bad" stuff. But Canada has a long dark history of racism and ethnic tension.
    I mean, they are currently digging up mass graves so yeah haha.

It’s crazy.

I don’t know the full story but why were they so bent on killing their President?
    He wasn't a good guy and plenty wanted him out and protested but come to find out some cat in Florida at least had a part. Plus they got a PM that looks real untrustworthy imo. Crazy fascinating story with nothing but bad outcomes.

A Florida-based doctor was arrested in connection with the assassination of Haitian President Jovenel Moïse on Sunday, Haiti’s national police chief announced, becoming the third U.S.-based individual tied to the brazen killing that has caused political chaos in the Caribbean nation.

It’s funny because some of these guys were their best players going into the European Cup final…but now that they lose they turn on them. As much as the social media companies have been complicit in allowing some nasty elements to reorganize and establish racist recruitment platforms, this just shows the reality of what black people are facing in the UK. Racism is alive and well in those places. Seriously, Marcus Rashford has done so much for children’s charity (not just black children but all children) in the UK that he got laws changed…his reward for this amongst some quarters was racial abuse. And that was before the Euro Cup.
    Futbol fans are incredibly racists in europe.
    Prince William, who serves as president of England's Football Association, wrote on Twitter that he was "sickened by the racist abuse" aimed at the three Black players. "It must stop now and all those involved should be held accountable," he said.

This England team deserve to be lauded as heroes, not racially abused on social media.

Those responsible for this appalling abuse should be ashamed of themselves.
    — Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) July 12, 2021
    You know shit got tight if the damn Prince had to chime in, specially on the heels of what his brother and sister-in-law have alleged only weeks ago. These animals defaced Marcus Rashford's mural... Twitter had to delete thousands of messages and accounts, fkn insane levels of sick beliefs that these players are still servants to these fans.

I mean, they are currently digging up mass graves so yeah haha.
    And these are schools responsible. Graves with an S, there are going to be many sites and they claim there will be some here in the U.S. as well. That shit is barbaric.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    All those stories about slaves running away to canada probably helped bolster the idea that Canada is some kind of diverse haven. When trump got elected the Canadian immigration site broke because so many suburbanites wanted to leave. PM Trudeau straight up did Brownface in college, Quebec has been trying to secede for years on top of the dirt they still to do indigenous people. Canada's got it's own problems.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    All those stories about slaves running away to canada probably helped bolster the idea that Canada is some kind of diverse haven. When trump got elected the Canadian immigration site broke because so many suburbanites wanted to leave. PM Trudeau straight up did Brownface in college, Quebec has been trying to secede for years on top of the dirt they still to do indigenous people. Canada's got it's own problems.
    Yep, I've been in Canada for a month and there's a LOT of discussions about the injustices took place against the native people here.

So much so that parts of the country REFUSED to celebrate Canada day because of the discovery of mass graves...containing children. Note, the natives here have screaming about this stuff for years but just like how minorities are ignored in the US, the same thing basically happened in Canada too.

Canada has a metric ton of problems when it relates to minorities. They've just done a fantastic job of "laundering" their image to the world.