Page 585 of 827 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595635685 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 12392
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is a problem if people invent stuff like "mcu doesn't look at military critically enough" and then critically dissect an argument that was never made by the movie.
    I don't think it's the movie's argument itself, but that the MCU cooperates with the military in real life. I don't think it's something someone just invented.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That was Sam's problem in the MCU. He basically just sucked up to Steve until FaWS.
    Oh that’s right. He said one goddamn line in one goddamn movie (CAATWS), and for some reason that made Sam a “sycophant stuck in the Sunken Place” until “Captain White-America” finally “got his much deserved ass-kicking by old age”. And so, “in apology for not realizing his privilege sooner”, Steve allowed the Shield to be “reclaimed” by Sam. It was NEVER a tale of two kindred spirits having each other’s back. It was a “emotionally draining power dynamic between oppressed and oppressor”. Glad I wasn’t fooled.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 08-02-2021 at 01:43 PM.

That was Sam's problem in the MCU. He basically just sucked up to Steve until FaWS.

Say what now? Can you pinpoint a scene where this occurs?

Niffleheim

I don't think it's the movie's argument itself, but that the MCU cooperates with the military in real life. I don't think it's something someone just invented.
    I think I remember Marvel cancelling a partnership with a defense contractor a few years ago - I don't remember the details all that well but I remember the fandom went hard on the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

It depends with your POV I guess, I cant take a character seriously if their whole existence is "I go where he goes" or something close to that. - that phrase became his whole character for me.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-02-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Mighty Member

”I do what he does, just slower.”

THIS is the “damning proof” that put a sinister light on everything from that point forward.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Oh that’s right. He said one goddamn line in one goddamn movie (CAATWS), and for some reason that made Sam a “sycophant stuck in the Sunken Place” until “Captain White-America” finally “got his much deserved ass-kicking by old age” and “in apology for his privilege” allowed the Shield to be “reclaimed” by Sam. It was NEVER a tale of two kindred spirits having each other’s back. It was a “emotionally draining power dynamic between oppressed and oppressor”. Glad I wasn’t fooled.
    What are you talking about

The whole MCU. When did he ever challenge Steve like other side characters did. Sam needed his own voice but never got until FaWS, when he decided to reject the shield

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think I remember Marvel cancelling a partnership with a defense contractor a few years ago - I don't remember the details all that well but I remember the fandom went hard on the company.
    Ok. I'll look that up

It depends with your POV I guess, I cant take a character seriously if their whole existence is "I go where he goes" or something close to that. - that phrase became his whole character for me.
    Exactly. He just snarked at anyone disagreeing with Steve.

Mighty Member

What are you talking about?.
    Only that one-liner I’ve heard you bring up for the past some odd years now. But hey, sometimes the electron microscope needs love too, I suppose.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 08-02-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

Only that one-liner I’ve heard you bring up for the past some odd years now. But hey, sometimes the electron microscope needs love too, I suppose.
    Oh, I don't remember what that was. Although I don't think I've been here for that long

The whole MCU.
    So if "the whole MCU" one scene shouldn't be difficult to find, right? I'll wait.

When did he ever challenge Steve like other side characters did.
    "Just like that we're supposed to be cool?"

Sam needed his own voice but never got until FaWS, when he decided to reject the shield
    Your own voice = constantly challenging your friends?

Niffleheim

Oh, I don't remember what that was. Although I don't think I've been here for that long
    Don't worry about it The poster is confusing you with MindofShadow who used to make fun of Falcon until the MCU actually gave the character agency other than following the leader.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-02-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Ultimate Member

So if "the whole MCU" one scene shouldn't be difficult to find, right? I'll wait.

"Just like that we're supposed to be cool?"
    No offense, but that's just one quote. He's almost always in line with Steve

Your own voice = constantly challenging your friends?
    When did I say constantly?

Don't worry about it The poster is confusing you with MindofShadow who used to make fun of Falcon until the MCU actually gave the character agency other than following the leader.
    Ok, thanks. I was confused for a sec. But honestly, Sam is one of my least favorite MCU heroes, right next to Bucky and Clint, because he's just kind of there. FaWS actually gave some more character to him.

No offense, but that's just one quote. He's almost always in line with Steve
    No offense, but when someone asks you to back up your point and you don't, it seems at best dismissive and at worse dishonest.

I asked for one scene, and I gave you what YOU asked for. You moved the goalposts but that doesn't fall on me, it falls on you. Speaking of which:

When did I say constantly?
    Indeed you did not! So since he did it at all, that scene I posted counts beautifully.

Mighty Member

Oh goddamit! I got him and Mik confused! Sorry Mik. But yeah, I was audience to that claim more than once.

Ultimate Member

No offense, but when someone asks you to back up your point and you don't, it seems at best dismissive and at worse dishonest.

I asked for one scene, and I gave you what YOU asked for. You moved the goalposts but that doesn't fall on me, it falls on you. Speaking of which:
    I don't mean to be dismissive. I meant to say Sam doesn't really go against what Steve wants, say how Rhodey does with Tony, or Natasha does with everyone. Not just a brief disagreement, but actually in terms of the storyline, where Sam would take a different path than Steve. I apologize if I wasn't clear.

Indeed you did not! So since he did it at all, that scene I posted counts beautifully.
    Oh goddamit! I got him and Mik confused! Sorry Mik. But yeah, I was audience to that claim more than once.
    No, it's fine. I'm not bothered.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's very strange to me. Covid-19 cases are spiking among the non-vaccinated but some people are doing everything they can to dissuade them from taking said vaccines. Now, you have state governors (Texas) banning mask mandates and Florida might soon follow suit. I'm not seeing the point in all this at all.
    Who are the MAIN people that work retail?
    Who are the MAIN people that work STATE jobs?
    Who are the MAIN people in your schools and universities?
    Who are the MAIN people that work in some federal jobs?
    Who are the MAIN people that work blue collar jobs?
    Who are the MAIN people you see on the field, the court or in the ring?
    It varies by state mind you.

I am in Texas-
    Unless it is the OWNER, manager or a Mom & Pop business-the employees in retail here are POC
    State Jobs are mainly POC
    My school district is 72% Latino & 21% black. We have a high school that has 6000 kids. We don't even have 5000 WHITE kids in the district.
    Federal-POC
    Construction, Plumbing and so on-POC
    Sports NOT called MLB or NHL-POC
    Lets not talk Hospitals. I had ONE white doctor-he was from Africa. Otherwise it is POC. Check Nursing Homes too. All African.

Most of those folks can't work from home. They have to work to get paid.

That is why those laws get passed and nonsense gets tossed out like Anthony Fauci created covid. Anything to create doubt.

Look at the NFL-not making up games due to Covid and want players vaccinated. Yet a WHITE player-Colt Beasley is the main one screaming don't do it. Even doing a rap song.