Page 590 of 828 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640690 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 12408

Why would it not be entertaining?
    Watch CSPAN for 2 hours and come back and tell me it is entertaining.

Fixing real problems isn't sexy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I would like to point out that while Black Panther didn't solve the problems Killmonger was pointing out, he did have a start in doing so. And the movie wasn't any less entertaining for it.
    Because they never got to the part of "solving it"

They brought up the issues, they did all the super hero ****, and then said "we will help" and ended the movie.

If the movie was about the actual help, it would have been boring.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Watch CSPAN for 2 hours and come back and tell me it is entertaining.

Fixing real problems isn't sexy at all.
    Who cares about being sexy? I don't watch these movies for that, personally.

Because they never got to the part of "solving it"

They brought up the issues, they did all the super hero ****, and then said "we will help" and ended the movie.

If the movie was about the actual help, it would have been boring.
    Well, that's somewhat subjective. Some of us may enjoy some of these things. I wouldn't reduce all of superheroes to just "punching people", or say that not doing so is boring

And why would you jump to C-SPAN? It's not all or nothing. I don't really get this extremist attitude

Jacob Batalon is Reginald in Reginald the Vampire

Spider-Man: Far From Home star Jacob Batalon is taking on the undead in a new series on Syfy called Reginald the Vampire. Based on the Fat Vampire book series by Johnny B. Truant, Batalon will play the titular Reginald, who is on a journey of self-discovery in his life as a vampire.

In a press release for the show, the logline is as follows: “Imagine a world populated by beautiful, fit and vain vampires. Reginald Baskin tumbles headlong into it as an unlikely hero who will have to navigate every kind of obstacle – the girl he loves but can’t be with, a bully manager at work and the vampire chieftain who wants him dead. Fortunately, Reginald discovers he has a few unrecognized powers of his own. A new show with a lot of heart and just enough blood, Reginald the Vampire proves the undead life is just as complicated as life itself.”
    https://www.themarysue.com/jacob-bat...d-the-vampire/
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-07-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Aang, Katara, Sokka and Zuko have reportedly been cast for the live action Avatar Netflix show.

https://www.cbr.com/report-netflix-a...ra-sokka-zuko/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Who cares about being sexy? I don't watch these movies for that, personally.

Well, that's somewhat subjective. Some of us may enjoy some of these things. I wouldn't reduce all of superheroes to just "punching people", or say that not doing so is boring

And why would you jump to C-SPAN? It's not all or nothing. I don't really get this extremist attitude
    The point is, if you want to tackle serious subjects you have a responsibility to treat the issue respectfully, or else you are setting your movie up to be dissected and mocked for decades afterward. Who these days can still unironically enjoy Rocky IV, or see Star Trek's model of the future as something we should actually try to emulate?

Fundamentally, superheroes exist to protect the status quo, and while the villains seeking to disrupt it might have goals that seem noble from a certain point of view, they are always going to be just flawed enough that the hero comes out looking better for advocating moderation. This is admittedly a more difficult sell these days now that a huge chunk of the audience now sees the status quo as problematic and in need of reform, but the public mood hasn't shifted quite enough for the industry to throw out the formula that has worked for over 80 years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The point is, if you want to tackle serious subjects you have a responsibility to treat the issue respectfully, or else you are setting your movie up to be dissected and mocked for decades afterward. Who these days can still unironically enjoy Rocky IV, or see Star Trek's model of the future as something we should actually try to emulate?

Fundamentally, superheroes exist to protect the status quo, and while the villains seeking to disrupt it might have goals that seem noble from a certain point of view, they are always going to be just flawed enough that the hero comes out looking better for advocating moderation. This is admittedly a more difficult sell these days now that a huge chunk of the audience now sees the status quo as problematic and in need of reform, but the public mood hasn't shifted quite enough for the industry to throw out the formula that has worked for over 80 years.
    They could try to change things a little. I mean, Star Wars follows the idea of heroes trying to disrupt the status quo for a better life. I know it's against a fictional evil empire, so it's not exactly the same. But it can work. It does in some dramas. And even the MCU did it a little, in IM1, CA:WS, and FaWS. My point is, seeing heroes stand for something right can be entertaining. And doing the same type of film forever isn't always good. If nothing changed, there probably wouldn't be many minority characters in media in the first place, considering how much more intolerant our past was.

I do agree the filmmakers/writers should be cautious about what they show. Although Star Trek is very far into the future so modern issues might have been somewhat dealt with by then. And even then, Star Trek still experiences some issues. And if we don't have any optimism, there's not much point in trying to improve our current situation.

Incredible Member

Idiotic fans are flooding Shang Chi posts with "We want No Way Home" spam. It's obnoxious and a little disrespectful. I'm starting to become over the new Spider-man film before we even see anything from it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Idiotic fans are flooding Shang Chi posts with "We want No Way Home" spam. It's obnoxious and a little disrespectful. I'm starting to become over the new Spider-man film before we even see anything from it.
    I'm nervous about NWH because I'm not super into Maguire and Garfield returning. But what does NWH even have to do with Shang-Chi?

Incredible Member

I'm nervous about NWH because I'm not super into Maguire and Garfield returning. But what does NWH even have to do with Shang-Chi?
    Nothing. Its just fans being childish much like when they were flooding unrelated DC posts with "we want the Snydercut" spam. I find it disrespectful.

At this point with how many fan theories, fake leaks, speculation out there I will be surprised if NWH even lives up to the hype. I know I wasn't too impressed with the previous MCU Spidey films.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Nothing. Its just fans being childish much like when they were flooding unrelated DC posts with "we want the Snydercut" spam. I find it disrespectful.

At this point with how many fan theories, fake leaks, speculation out there I will be surprised if NWH even lives up to the hype. I know I wasn't too impressed with the previous MCU Spidey films.
    I like the MCU Spidey films, which is why I'm a bit cautious about the other 2 Spider-Men detracting from the current one. I'm more interested in Peter dealing with his identity exposed, plus whatever Dr. Strange is doing. I'm even interested in seeing Jamie Foxx get a chance to play a good Electro

Anyway, Shang-Chi looks pretty good to me. Even though it's not totally accurate to the comic IIRC, I actually would like if he kept the Rings, like the trailer seems to show

Sucks Shang is likely gonna underperform/bomb

September approaching rapidly and this delta spike will likely just begin dissipating by then.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I like the MCU Spidey films, which is why I'm a bit cautious about the other 2 Spider-Men detracting from the current one. I'm more interested in Peter dealing with his identity exposed, plus whatever Dr. Strange is doing. I'm even interested in seeing Jamie Foxx get a chance to play a good Electro

Anyway, Shang-Chi looks pretty good to me. Even though it's not totally accurate to the comic IIRC, I actually would like if he kept the Rings, like the trailer seems to show
    Has it been confirmed that Maguire and Garfield are going to be in the movie? I thought those were rumors.

Extraordinary Member

Sucks Shang is likely gonna underperform/bomb

September approaching rapidly and this delta spike will likely just begin dissipating by then.
    Given the state of things if you can avoid the theaters you likely will. I say this as a Movie Going Zealot.

I wonder how many movies other than the Fast franchise can motivate people to head into theaters again?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Has it been confirmed that Maguire and Garfield are going to be in the movie? I thought those were rumors.
    I don't think they're confirmed. I'm just going by rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Nothing confirmed at all but thereis so much smoke that if it is confirmed they ARENT in the movie, I fear zealots might burn Sony to the ground lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Given the state of things if you can avoid the theaters you likely will. I say this as a Movie Going Zealot.

I wonder how many movies other than the Fast franchise can motivate people to head into theaters again?
    BW did ok for one week and then tanked.

It feels like for the big franchises, you are going ot get your hardcores to show up once but you are losing a huge chunk of casual audience nad repeat watchers.

I really enjoy going to see movies but I've seen Godzilla in theaters and that is it (can't really replicate that at home).

But, even virus aside... people are low key BROKE right now. They ain't got no money lol