Page 596 of 828 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606646696 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 12411
    Extraordinary Member

Netflix Cage was a Cop who was framed then experimented on while in jail. He was never a gangster.

Given how stuff in the MCU seems to work, if Cage is revamped for the MCU I'd bet money on him ending up ex military.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Last I paid attention to Luke, he was suffering from CTE. I assume that has been resolved if only because I can't see that being permanent.
    The villain in that book caused that and I don't think Marvel pays that much attention to those OGNs.

Damn, Suicide Squad bombed HARD

Poor Idris can't catch a break man lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Maybe Sonic 2 will turn things around for him.

How do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Maybe Sonic 2 will turn things around for him.
    There's a sentence you don't expect to see.

Ultimate Member

Going through the last census data and it’s clear that the US is becoming increasingly diverse.

The number of people that identify as multiracial has skyrocketed. Honestly, this isn’t really surprising at all considering that a lot of people that identify as a minority are actually multiracial.

It just goes back to an argument I’ve made consistently that US superhero comics don’t really reflect the country as it is anymore. Especially the younger generation which is far more diverse than the older population. The only form of entertainment that’s not really adjusted over time is comics. We’ve seen how the music and movies industry made conscious efforts to embrace change but the comic book market has been enslaved by the direct market that it can’t expand beyond its current boundaries.

It’s not a coincidence that certain books that don’t do well in the direct market sell better in the larger book store market (which is extremely diverse). There’s a large market that’s been completely untapped by the big two and it’s looking more and more like the big two will have to branch out of constraints of the direct market. The direct market simply wants more Batman, Spider-man and X-men and nothing else. Seriously, look at DCs solicits..about half the line is Batman related which is very unusual. But you can’t really blame DC because the limited direct market audience and the speculators demand more and more Batman.

I’m not saying that diversity is the solution to the big twos issues but I think that superhero comics completely missed out on a generational shift and are now a bit stuck.

How do you mean?
    It cost 185 million to make (not including marketing) (who the hell approved a 185 million dollar R rated movie anyway?)

its made 42 million in north america. had an 80% drop. It dropped hard on HBO max as well.

It straight up bombed.

Idris keeps ending up in shit movies despite his skills.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Eh, don't agree with it being a shit movie. It definitely bombed, though. The age of covid, releasing on HBO Max at the same time, and being a quasi-sequel to an actual shit movie didn't help its box office chances IMO.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Short interview of yours truly about my comics: https://hivecomicade.com/blogs/creat...t-gerald-boney
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

It cost 185 million to make (not including marketing) (who the hell approved a 185 million dollar R rated movie anyway?)

its made 42 million in north america. had an 80% drop. It dropped hard on HBO max as well.

It straight up bombed.

That Netfilx Western he's in actually looks ok, but I think the man needs to step away from the action genre and stick with drama. Or start producing his own IPs in the action genre.

If Hollywood is going to keep making stuff like Jungle Cruise, there's gonna be less of a need for lead heroes that can act, just villains who can.

It's just a shame those James Bond rumors didn't pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    That Netfilx Western he's in actually looks ok, but I think the man needs to step away from the action genre and stick with drama. Or start producing his own IPs in the action genre.

If Hollywood is going to keep making stuff like Jungle Cruise, there's gonna be less of a need for lead heroes that can act, just villains who can.

Okay, so hear me out ...

In an alternate timeline, instead of his friend Poot being practical and humane and ending his suffering after he has been shot, this alternate version is a sociopath with his own bizarre code of right and wrong. He tells Wallace they will leave him there, but then call the cops to say there was a shooting. And that if he somehow survives, he should leave and never come back; that being betrayed and shot by his friends, then left to suffer in pain, is a kind of mercy, because his life should have ended there.

He lives, and he leaves. In the meantime, an even more ruthless and less sentimental Stringer Bell just kills his friend Avon himself, afterwards forming an alliance with Marlo. The two not only wipe out any remaining rivals in Baltimore, but go on to dominate all the east coast. In time, Stringer is the Kingpin of the underworld.

Movie sequel, 20 years later! Idris Elba and Michael B. Jordan! The Wire: Wallace's Revenge!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Okay, so hear me out ...

In an alternate timeline, instead of his friend Poot being practical and humane and ending his suffering after he has been shot, this alternate version is a sociopath with his own bizarre code of right and wrong. He tells Wallace they will leave him there, but then call the cops to say there was a shooting. And that if he somehow survives, he should leave and never come back; that being betrayed and shot by his friends, then left to suffer in pain, is a kind of mercy, because his life should have ended there.

He lives, and he leaves. In the meantime, an even more ruthless and less sentimental Stringer Bell just kills his friend Avon himself, afterwards forming an alliance with Marlo. The two not only wipe out any remaining rivals in Baltimore, but go on to dominate all the east coast. In time, Stringer is the Kingpin of the underworld.

Movie sequel, 20 years later! Idris Elba and Michael B. Jordan! The Wire: Wallace's Revenge!
    Lol, ban yourself. Wire fanfic, love it. Marlo would never join them eastside muthafucks lol.

String being that dude that thought he was smart but when he tried to play chess he couldn't see anything coming across the board. Tuh I'm not real sure he was even that good at checkers. I'll buy it if 20 years later D'Angelo's kid with that rusty bih Donette comes back and gets his against Stringer.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Hasn't the "villain being better actor" always been a Hollywood trope? I think that's less common today

Remember that HBO Max show starring Velma from Scooby Doo that's coming out? Recently, someone got a hold of what may or may not be character descriptions of the cast and, well, I'll let you guys decide for yourselves what you think:

Before Shaggy was America’s favorite self-medicating, squeaky-voiced teenager with an undiagnosed eating disorder, he was Norville Rogers - the excitable, Black, handsome, and mildly spectrum-y editor-in-chief of Poortown High’s student newspaper, The Ranting Townie. Unfortunately, he was also completely oblivious to any and all social norms and cues, which is helpful when tracking down a story, but less good when it comes to being the closest thing Velma has to a friend. However, when Norville discovers a dark secret in his family’s past, Velma will be the only person who can help him make sense of his unraveling life. At least until, you know, he discovers weed and snacks.

Forget everything you know about Daphne Blake. It should take zero seconds as there was nothing to know. She was attractive, but also… she wore purple. That’s it. Until now… Our Daphne is diverse, and a foundling raised by two female police officers. Yet, despite her loving home, Daphne still struggles with abandonment issues and an insatiable need to uncover her mysterious past. On the plus side, she’s been able to use that ruthless drive to claw her way to the top of Poortown High School’s popular clique “The Rich Kids and Daphne: as just a freshman. Though she’ll have to get in touch with her softer side to finally understand her complicated feelings for Velma. And, perhaps even more importantly, why she has red hair.

Much like the original Fred, our Fred is a white guy who loves to take credit for everyone else’s work. But our Fred is also a pretty boy gym rat, riddled with daddy issues big enough to make Eric Trump say “damn.” And yet, Fred knows that no matter how douchey he acts, he’ll never live up to his fathers expectations. Because Fred has a deep dark secret. He’s sixteen years old and hasn’t gone through puberty yet. Worse. His secret is getting harder and harder to hide.

Not just from his father but from his girlfriend, Daphne. Who’s getting a little bored with just over-the-clothes stuff. Fortunately, when Fred is wrongly imprisoned for murders he didn’t commit. He needs the help of Poortowns High’s least popular student. Velma. To prove his innocence, and while it’s weird for Fred to see, let alone talk to, a “not hot chick” like Velma. He quickly realizes her thoughts and emotions have value. And those valuable thoughts and emotions just might be making his heart, quote, “horny.”
    https://thegww.com/exclusive-hbo-max...-descriptions/
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-17-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Invincible Member

Remember that HBO Max show starring Velma from Scooby Doo that's coming out? Recently, someone got a hold of what may or may not be character descriptions of the cast and, well, I'll let you guys decide for yourselves what you think:

https://thegww.com/exclusive-hbo-max...-descriptions/
    The descriptions sound like borderline parody of so called "wokeism". I can imagine some Youtuber going, "Yeah, man...if the SJWs get ahold of Scooby Doo it'd be totally woke! They'd make Shaggy black, Daphne would have two moms, Fred would have daddy issues so they can insult white men..."