Page 598 of 828 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 12411
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Pretty big line between ethics and being a pedo lol
    True, but I meant more about his supporters

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Now you're thinking too hard about it. Middle Class jobs and talking animals didn't exist then either.
    I'm aware of that, but that doesn't really make it better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eternals trailer...

Feel like this may have been one story where sticking to the usual marvel house style woulda been a better idea than the artsy thing...
    I liked the trailer, but it was still a little too dark for my liking, but it was lighter than the last one. It was nice to see the celestials again, but yeah this does feel kind of artsy, like it's trying to be one of those early 2000's existential sci-fi films.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I liked the trailer, but it was still a little too dark for my liking, but it was lighter than the last one. It was nice to see the celestials again, but yeah this does feel kind of artsy, like it's trying to be one of those early 2000's existential sci-fi films.
    It looks like a "I can wait 45 days until its on D+ pretty easily" lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

The first Eternals trailer felt like Marvel Studios was saying "Hey everybody, we finally got a acclaimed Director with a unique vision who uses exterior shots and everything!"

And this new trailer is like: But it's still a Marvel Movie, don't you worry! Look at all the references to other Marvel movies that we put in!"

So the Eternals are like Leelo in Fifth Element.

Except where she was out of commission for centuries and got awoken later, these guys have been waiting on Earth for centuries for the specific apocalypse that they were told to prevent.

So they could have helped with the Chituri, Ultron or Thanos, but it wasn't their job.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The first Eternals trailer felt like Marvel Studios was saying "Hey everybody, we finally got a acclaimed Director with a unique vision who uses exterior shots and everything!"

And this new trailer is like: But it's still a Marvel Movie, don't you worry! Look at all the references to other Marvel movies that we put in!"
    These 2 complaints seem contradictory

So the Eternals are like Leelo in Fifth Element.

Except where she was out of commission for centuries and got awoken later, these guys have been waiting on Earth for centuries for the specific apocalypse that they were told to prevent.

So they could have helped with the Chituri, Ultron or Thanos, but it wasn't their job.
    Reminds me of Squad Zero from Bleach when Sui-Feng called them out for not saving the Gotei 13 and responded that it wasn't their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    When I said dark, I meant dark as in the lighting. I had a hard time seeing things because it was dark in the first trailer. The new one is lighter than the other one, so I had an easier time seeing things, but it was still darker than I would have liked.

Ultimate Member

When I said dark, I meant dark as in the lighting. I had a hard time seeing things because it was dark in the first trailer. The new one is lighter than the other one, so I had an easier time seeing things, but it was still darker than I would have liked.
    I meant yours vs. Vic Vega's

Extraordinary Member

My statement was not a complaint it was an observation.

They are from different people. Why should they be the same or consistent?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-19-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

I like the new Eternals trailer.

It showed a clear purpose and from the trailer I think we can infer the Eternals didn't interfere because the Celestials (their creators) told them not to. I like seeing the Celestials, Deviants (with the hint of Thena's and Kro's possible relationship) plus Ikaris doing the Eternals eye beam thing.

If they're following the comics, it must be noted that the Eternals don't exactly have free will. They've been programmed to operate within the parameters the Celestials set out for them.

I wonder what role Black Knight really has in the movie...it seems he's going to be an exposition device.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-19-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Why does Scooby Doo still exist?
    Because he’s amazing…..

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Remember that HBO Max show starring Velma from Scooby Doo that's coming out? Recently, someone got a hold of what may or may not be character descriptions of the cast and, well, I'll let you guys decide for yourselves what you think:

https://thegww.com/exclusive-hbo-max...-descriptions/
    This sounds awful

Ultimate Member

My statement was not a complaint it was an observation.
    Oh ok.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They are from different people. Why should they be the same or consistent?
    I was just pointing it out. One is saying it's too "artsy" and the other is saying it's too "marvel-y"

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Because he’s amazing…..
    Have we watched the same show?

For those who watched Transformers: War For Cybertron on Netflix, what did you think of it?