Page 601 of 828 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 12416

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There’s a greater discussion to be had here beyond the black community.

A year or two ago, there was a survey that showed that LGBT acceptance amongst younger people had dropped sharply. https://time.com/5613276/glaad-accep...-lgbtq-survey/

Why this is is anyone’s guess but there does seem to be some shifting attitudes towards the LGBT community that goes beyond the black community.
    Smart money says social media has something to do with it. Not sure what, but that's gotta be part of it.

Nia DaCosta, the director of the new Candyman movie, has become the first female, black director with a box office number one movie.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/08/ca...le-1234660610/

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Smart money says social media has something to do with it. Not sure what, but that's gotta be part of it.
    I'd imagine it is also going to ebb and flow a bit.

LBGT had to hide basically. As it became more accepted, they don't hide as much. If they don't hide and much and just act normal, there are "more" of them to non-lgbt, which may make some uncomfortable... but they they get used to it and it becomes more normal... then even more LGBT stop hiding, which means "more" of them, which ma make some uncomfortable but they get used ot it... round and round.

And, as it gets more normalized, the more.... hmmm... "less accepted" versions of LGBT become more prominent. I think it is fair to say that people accepted Lesbians much faster than they accepted Gay Dudes and they are accepting gay dudes much faster than trans people right now.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shang is starting to get review bombed already, so that's neat.

I'd be very curious if it is because the "T" part has become the forefront LGBTQ issue the last few? handful? of years, at least in the "mainstream news."
    I wouldn't be shocked. It's definitely the current social media scare that Trans people have somehow taken over and are up to no good.

Invincible Member

There’s a greater discussion to be had here beyond the black community.

A year or two ago, there was a survey that showed that LGBT acceptance amongst younger people had dropped sharply. https://time.com/5613276/glaad-accep...-lgbtq-survey/

Why this is is anyone’s guess but there does seem to be some shifting attitudes towards the LGBT community that goes beyond the black community.
    Oh, it's no doubt larger than just the black community. But I can't tell you how many times I heard some version of gay exist specifically just to bring us down. Or better yet, there's a conspiracy in Hollywood that they won't let black man make money unless at some point you wear a dress in a film.

I do think for a long time there was attempt to de-sexualize or make black men appear non-threatening in mainstream movies and TV, but that's a very different thing.

RIP to Ed Asner. The Ed Wuncler character had some of the wildest lines on a show full of wild lines. He kept it really real, his work on the Itis episode is classic.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    RIP to Ed Asner. The Ed Wuncler character had some of the wildest lines on a show full of wild lines. He kept it really real, his work on the Itis episode is classic.

It's sad to have lost him, Charlie Murphy and John Witherspoon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Nia DaCosta, the director of the new Candyman movie, has become the first female, black director with a box office number one movie.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/08/ca...le-1234660610/
    Cool!

I actually really want to see this but I am way behind on movie going for obvious reasons.

Ultimate Member

So Texas has pretty much banned abortions.

It’s actually hilarious just how retrogressive some members of the GOP.

These are the guys complaining about the Taliban when their views are almost exactly like those guys. Especially when it comes to women’s rights.

Invincible Member

So Texas has pretty much banned abortions.

It’s actually hilarious just how retrogressive some members of the GOP.

These are the guys complaining about the Taliban when their views are almost exactly like those guys. Especially when it comes to women’s rights.
    Half of them are giving the Taliban back handed compliments about they were able to take over so quick because they haven't bought into so-called "woke-ism". There's alt-right types straight up praising them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Half of them are giving the Taliban back handed compliments about they were able to take over so quick because they haven't bought into so-called "woke-ism". There's alt-right types straight up praising them.
    That's disturbing. Probably still won't stop them hating Muslims.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yeah, I read that on CNN.

But it’s not really all that surprising.

Reading and watching some of the alt-right stuff drives me to the conclusion that a lot of their views are from medieval times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's disturbing. Probably still won't stop them hating Muslims.
    It won’t.

What I find more disturbing is just how many people vote for these jokers.

Texas lawmakers and governor have completely gone haywire pandering to the extreme right.. Between the anti-abortion laws, voting rights restrictions and permit less gun carrying, it seems some people in that state are determined to throw it into chaos.

All just to “own the libs”.

This country is so lost.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

It won’t.

What I find more disturbing is just how many people vote for these jokers.

Texas lawmakers and governor have completely gone haywire pandering to the extreme right.. Between the anti-abortion laws, voting rights restrictions and permit less gun carrying, it seems some people in that state are determined to throw it into chaos.

All just to “own the libs”.
    Guns = good, voting = bad seems like a terrible idea to anyone with sense. Shows you there isn't always a "both sides" to everything