Page 605 of 828 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609615655705 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Disney you mean.
    Disney is the same company that didn't want an interracial kiss between a black male and white female character in "Don't look under the bed" A DCOM from the 90's. The director of the movie had to fight to keep the kiss in. They aren't progressive, the internet has to stop pretending they are.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I still maintain that a Finn/Rose relationship would have been more interesting than Finn/Rey. That said, Rey and Kylo was also a bad idea.
    Finn/ Rose is probably the worst FORCED pointlessly plotless relationship in cinema history alongside one of the worst kisses ....if not the very no.1 most terrible ever.

Finnrey is what SHOULD have been.

Finn should have been the primary inspiration for the stormtroopers who rebelled and becomes their leader as he progresses towards becoming a Jedi.

Rey as the Jedi warrior messiah who actually undergoes proper Jedi training from Luke

Force awakens showed how much Finn and Rey mirrored each other as though they were destined to be together.

Rose was entirely pointless start to finish and non-contributive apart to be used as a ploy to keep Finn away from Rey.

And yet Rey still had strong affection for Finn and vice versa

Mighty Member

I am saying it NOW.... Mark my words.

The next Starwars trilogy will focus of a black girl character as the lead but with a whiteboy as the live of her existence...and they will go ALL OUT lovey dovey smoochey smashey then they will say that the errors of Finnn/ Rey was learnt and corrected

The whiteboy MUST ALWAYS be the lover of whatever or whoever the lead female is black, Asian, White, etc.

If not this, .....if the next lead is still a white gal.....they will pair her up with the whitest "black" guy they can find..

All hail #Reylo fanatics, may their cursed shadow. continue.

Mighty Member

For anyone who watches it, is Reservation Dogs antiblack? I keep seeing that criticism pop up.
    How is it anti-black?

I haven't watched it yet but I liked the trailer and it supposedly focuses on native Americans....it's on my list of series to watch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The bolded part is really a problem for me.

There's so much stuff they could with the mythology but instead Lucasfilm keeps moving further and further back in time. Now we have the High Republic project which is set way, way back.

Why not move forward in the universe? Dark Horse did this fairly well (not always but they had some good stuff) and I don't know why Lucasfilm are stuck in the past and feeding off nostalgia.
    I chalk it up to pride/ego. And let's not forget not wanting to pay creators for thier work unless they have no choice.

Going the route they did meant no Talon Karde no Jaina and Jacen Solo, no Anakin Solo, no Ben Skywalker, NO MARA JADE.

They could have used the fan favorite characters from the EU but not without rolling a dump truck full of money on Timothy Zahn's and the other EU writer's doorsteps.

Which Disney really did not want to do. They didn't even get Tim Zahn to write any of the 3 scripts, which should have been a no brainier.

They made sure to only use Thrawn in the cartoons where the masses couldn't see how much cooler he was than any of the Disney created baddies.

Disney was so determined to make it's own way separate from the EU than they didn't notice that path led off a cliff.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 09-08-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    How is it anti-black?

I haven't watched it yet but I liked the trailer and it supposedly focuses on native Americans....it's on my list of series to watch.
    Warning for spoilers.

Having watched it myself and read some of the criticisms:

spoilers:
    Some took issue with the first episode in which the main characters steal a truck from a black guy who later got fired for it. Later, they see the guy at their favorite restaurant and hear him talk about how his life completely went down hill after his truck was stolen, including getting diabetes and his wife leaving him. One of the characters called Bear feels so guilty about this he hallucinates the black guy threatening him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Some have also taken issue with the Native American characters using AAVE (African-American Vernacular English). There are two recurring minor characters named Mose and Mekko who talk like this and are fans of rap. The fourth episode also drew criticism for introducing Bear's father, a Native American rapper who also speaks in AAVE and has been accused of cultural appropriation.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Warning for spoilers.

Having watched it myself and read some of the criticisms:

spoilers:
    Some took issue with the first episode in which the main characters steal a truck from a black guy who later got fired for it. Later, they see the guy at their favorite restaurant and hear him talk about how his life completely went down hill after his truck was stolen, including getting diabetes and his wife leaving him. One of the characters called Bear feels so guilty about this he hallucinates the black guy threatening him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Some have also taken issue with the Native American characters using AAVE (African-American Vernacular English). There are two recurring minor characters named Mose and Mekko who talk like this and are fans of rap. The fourth episode also drew criticism for introducing Bear's father, a Native American rapper who also speaks in AAVE and has been accused of cultural appropriation.
    end of spoilers
    Oh, so it’s not the kind of ”impassioned condemnation” that was directed against Lin-Manuel Miranda, cause I was honestly bracing to see that in the spoiler block.

And seriously, we’re trying to give flavors of casual lingo huge, holier-than-thou terminology and fucking “patents” now?
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-08-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Disney you mean.
    I actually meant Lucasfilm.

Disney higher-ups don't really have much creative say in their subsidiaries (i.e Lucasfilm, Marvel and Pixar).

From the commercial end, the higher ends definitely have more say (see the Scarlet Johansson mess). Disney as a company is very, very shady.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Oh, so it’s not the kind of ”impassioned condemnation” that was directed against Lin-Manuel Miranda, cause I was honestly bracing to see that in the spoiler block.

And seriously, we’re trying to give flavors of casual lingo huge, holier-than-thou terminology and fucking “patents” now?
    The AAVE thing is honestly something I don't fully understand. I'm not saying there isn't cultural appropriation or culture vultures but the way I see the AAVE being called out on social media is a bit confusing to me.

I really need some education on it because the use of certain language to my knowledge isn't exclusively based on race. A lot of use of language is regional, like in the inner cities..almost everyone regardless of race use similar terminology. And the entire use of the english language is no longer race based as a whole lot of people speak common english.

But I could be wrong or maybe I'm just old or maybe it's both.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-08-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am saying it NOW.... Mark my words.

The next Starwars trilogy will focus of a black girl character as the lead but with a whiteboy as the live of her existence...and they will go ALL OUT lovey dovey smoochey smashey then they will say that the errors of Finnn/ Rey was learnt and corrected

The whiteboy MUST ALWAYS be the lover of whatever or whoever the lead female is black, Asian, White, etc.

If not this, .....if the next lead is still a white gal.....they will pair her up with the whitest "black" guy they can find..

All hail #Reylo fanatics, may their cursed shadow. continue.
    You're expecting an interracial relationship? I don't.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hey, if Sonic the Hedgehog could pull it off…..

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Solo technically had one with Han's mentor and Newton's character Val.

Plus we had Finn and Rose so it's not that far out the realm of possibility.

Ultimate Member

I meant in Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Solo technically had one with Han's mentor and Newton's character Val.

Plus we had Finn and Rose so it's not that far out the realm of possibility.
    The one from Solo was a relationship, I'll give you that, but I don't think Finn and Rose really had a relationship. She just kissed him without his consent

Out of all the video game characters to have a halfway decent movie, I don't think anyone would have thought it was Sonic the Hedgehog. Especially considering the beating he's been taking ever since the series went 3d. I was going to get the Colors remaster, but I heard its full of glitches.

Invincible Member

Eh...look how seriously some people take the term "Ebonics".