Page 608 of 827 FirstFirst ... 108508558598604605606607608609610611612618658708 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 12396
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, every time someone makes fun of Finn yelling Rey’s name in a way that implies Finn is obsessed, I feel like giving them the side-eye because it always feels like a blatant dog whistle of *some* kind or another. Even in the bad examples from TROS, Finn’s motives for rushing after Rey are unimpeachable desires to help her in situations where she honestly could use it in a very practical manner… often because Kylo is in the immediate process of trying to do her harm and being quite capable of doing so… while the same people who make fun of Finn for it express an explicit desire for Rey to just stop trying to fight Kylo and join him.

Seriously, that’s like the most obviously biased bullshit in Star Wars, whether it’s racist, sexist, or elitist (based off Kylo’s family.)

Rose got the same experience Gwendolyn Christie got; screwed over by two directors who didn’t know what to do with her, even the one who introduced her. Johnson even seemed to express his own apathy towards her character when he explained he cut Finn as Paige Tico’s co-gunner because he just didn’t care to write the kind of emotional twist that would have added to Rose and Finn’ interactions. Abrams should have “rehabilitated” her see how rather than exiling her to a distant role away from everything, but it’s not like Johnson made her very interesting to anyone who didn’t either a) see Tran getting bullied by assholes just because she played a poor character, or b) have an insecurity about their support for Reylo that they needed Finn kept away from.

Rose got screwed in TROS as much as Finn got screwed in TLJ, but Finn had earned exponentially more fans in TFA than Rose had in TLJ.
    I didn't know Johnson cut that. But I think Abrams took the lazy route with her and failed to do much with her. Of course, he didn't do great with Finn either in RoS. Or Poe. Or even Rey. Really the only entertaining character in RoS is Palpatine, despite coming off as a bit of a parody of himself (but at least he said "Do it!" ) and to some extent Kylo. Rather sad, considering how diverse the cast is on paper

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    You have a Genesis? That's cool. I imagine the Retro market is having kind of a boom right now since people have a hard time finding the new Xboxes and Playstation 5s, thanks to those lousy scalpers and the superconductor shortage.
    I still have my Genesis and Dreamcast and all the Sonys but the new one. I gave away my NES and Atari 5200. I only have so much space for that stuff.

This is a great time to be into retro gaming.

The good thing is that you can still find most retro games for a fairly reasonable price. Most.

Strategy Games were niche back in the day so are crazy expensive now due to rarity. But those are exceptions.

With it being nearly impossible to get the new consoles and the games for it being 70 bucks + for no damn reason at all, retro gaming looks real good to me right now.

And amazingly enough, there are still occasionally new releases for both the Sega Genesis and the Dreamcast put out by fan devs.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Look, hip-hop culture is damn near approaching AARP status, it belongs to the world and it's generational. Pullin from iterations of the past to tell a certain story, especially from a group lower on the socioeconomic totem as a whole, I ain't got a problem with. Also it's quite jarring to me that as an American society, we literally have ZERO imagery, having moved through years of normal life, where we see actual Native Americans on ANYTHING.
    After reading my share of heated articles about how allegedly every non-black minority is being manipulated or enticed by the "pale-skins " into hating or stealing from black people on their behalf, I'd imagine the very notion it going AARP would sound like Order 66 to those of said mentality.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-10-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    After reading my share of heated articles about how allegedly every non-black minority is being manipulated or enticed by the "pale-skins " into hating or stealing from black people on their behalf, I'd imagine the very notion it going AARP would sound like Order 66 to those of said mentality.
    What is AARP?

I figured all the retrogaming went to emulators these days?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What is AARP?
    It's a tongue-in-cheek way of saying it has or almost reached an age and saturation/circulation across cultures/peoples/identities/etc. where trying to make it the exclusive domain of any one ethnicity (as if it were a unique religion strongly insulated against "outsiders") is splitting hairs at that point.

That said, again, knowing how possessive identity-centered enclaves of humans can be (in meatspace, social media, or otherwise), that occurring without bitter resistance seems rather unlikely to me.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-10-2021 at 05:07 AM.

GoW:R trailer is out.

Angrboda is in the trailer

And she's black.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    GoW:R trailer is out.

Angrboda is in the trailer

And she's black.
    ..........Well, I guess they needed some tell-tale sign that the jotunn (unseen in person, up until now) of this take on Norse myth were ultimate moral scions of pure goody goodness who spread harmony across the land before "the Aesir Nation attacked". <recalls "The Stranger's" first lines>
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-10-2021 at 05:31 AM.

..........Well, I guess they needed some tell-tale sign that the jotunn (unseen in person, up until now) of this take on Norse myth were ultimate moral scions of pure goody goodness who spread harmony across the land before "the Aesir Nation attacked".
    LOL

i'll be curious if there will be another twist or if the plot is really as simple as "the Aesir/Odin are dicks" lol

Mighty Member

LOL

i'll be curious if there will be another twist or if the plot is really as simple as "the Aesir/Odin are dicks" lol
    Mimir, the sage deity "traveling alongside" our hero and who was once intimate friends with the "C**tfather" to the point of knowing the latter's quirks and insecurities, strongly points to the latter.

Mimir, the sage deity "traveling alongside" our hero and who was once intimate friends with the "C**tfather" to the point of knowing the latter's quirks and insecurities, strongly points to the latter.
    It is SO strong that it almost feels like a fake out

The 3? Aesir we met were straight up dicks lol. Thor is described as a horrible dude and Odin is the worst of the worst according to everyone.

Then again, the one Vanir we met kinda went psycho so... did that pandora box affect these dudes too lo?

Meanwhile... Lauffey is like the best chick ever, the World Serpent is a cool bro!, Tyr is supposedly awesome, got this black girl who seems nice.

Seems very... black and white lol.

Ultimate Member

It's a tongue-in-cheek way of saying it has or almost reached an age and saturation/circulation across cultures/peoples/identities/etc. where trying to make it the exclusive domain of any one ethnicity (as if it were a unique religion strongly insulated against "outsiders") is splitting hairs at that point.

That said, again, knowing how possessive identity-centered enclaves of humans can be (in meatspace, social media, or otherwise), that occurring without bitter resistance seems rather unlikely to me.
    I can understand why a minority group would resist their culture being used by others after being mocked and denigrated when they used themselves. idk if other minority groups are necessarily the problem, though

Extraordinary Member

Pretty much, yeah.

It's just that I personally don't have a computer outside of a work only laptop. But I still have nearly every console that I ever owned. So I would personally come at it from the cartridge/disk buyer angle.

That's not how most people do it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

It's just that I personally don't have a computer outside of a work only laptop. But I still have nearly every console that I ever owned. So I would personally come at it from the cartridge/disk buyer angle.

That's not how most people do it, though.
    Im shocked they still work

Hell, my old NES and SNES felt like they were on life support back when they were new lol.

That is how I do it. Those old Retro systems are prcey as hell. I lucked out. my dad got me an SNES Mini a couple years ago before the price went way up and the bootlegs flooded the market. I was abler to Mod it and put old NES, SSNES, Gameboy/Game Boy Color/ Game Boy Advance on there.

And The Switch has some old games as well. The first 3 Dragon Warriors, The first Fire Emblem which was a limited time buy, As Well as pretty much every Mega Man game and The old Castlevanias.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.