Page 609 of 828 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

It's just that I personally don't have a computer outside of a work only laptop. But I still have nearly every console that I ever owned. So I would personally come at it from the cartridge/disk buyer angle.

That's not how most people do it, though.
    Gaming PCs are really expensive. I bought one that was "lower end" that I intend on using for work, I used my stimulus check to buy it, the thing ran me $1000.00. I have a steam account, and I bought a few games on it, but I don't want to go completely digital, I don't think steam games work offline either. I had to buy a separate optical drive and I plan on looking around for PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Gaming PCs are really expensive. I bought one that was "lower end" that I intend on using for work, I used my stimulus check to buy it, the thing ran me $1000.00. I have a steam account, and I bought a few games on it, but I don't want to go completely digital, I don't think steam games work offline either. I had to buy a separate optical drive and I plan on looking around for PC games.
    Stream is putting out The Steam Deck. It is a hand held that will play Steam games and do Emulators. And from what I hear you can set the Steam Deck to do off line play.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Stream is putting out The Steam Deck. It is a hand held that will play Steam games and do Emulators. And from what I hear you can set the Steam Deck to do off line play.
    I've heard of the Steam Deck. I don't want one. I have no doubt that it will be popular, but it's not going to be the "Switch Killer" that the internet wanted it to be for a few weeks. Every single handheld that's tried to get one over on Nintendo has failed. Valve doesn't have a good history with hardware. Nintendo still makes physical games and has the name brand recognition and Valve doesn't. The Steam Deck runs Linux and emulates Windows. It'll be popular among PC gamers and Tech Enthusiasts. Reddit will love it.

From what I understand, if you do get a steam deck, don't get the 64 gb one.

I've heard of the Steam Deck. I don't want one. I have no doubt that it will be popular, but it's not going to be the "Switch Killer" that the internet wanted it to be for a few weeks. Every single handheld that's tried to get one over on Nintendo has failed. Valve doesn't have a good history with hardware. Nintendo still makes physical games and has the name brand recognition and Valve doesn't. The Steam Deck runs Linux and emulates Windows. It'll be popular among PC gamers and Tech Enthusiasts. Reddit will love it.

To be honest I am not overly excited about it myself. I am not a hardcore gamer. I play my Switch and I play my roms and I am very happy with that. I tried steam but my PC is not good enough for it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

I'm a big proponent of physical copies. Especially as a Sony owner. They are real big on delisting stuff. If I buy something I want to own it for real.

Comics are the sole exceptions to that and that's mainly because I saw the amount of long boxes I already had and the amount of living space I didn't have and made the only decision I could.

It was either that or be one of those dudes on Youtube who looks like he legit lives in a warehouse.

Masters of the Universe has been re-releasing the 82 line since about...November of 2020 I believe. Its called colloquially the Origins line, even though the name Origins doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging. The idea is that its the original 82 toyline, if they were made today. Which means more articulation, but...minus some gimmicks (like with Orko).

They're released in Waves at a time. 1 wave = 4 figures plus any vehicles plus any deluxe figures like Battle Armor He-Man Battle Armor Skeletor. What they started doing though was releasing figures of characters that either take place before the Filmation series (like when it was called Lords of Power before they settled on Masters of the Universe), or after the series (like 200X Evil-Lyn) though I think New Adventures will be totally ignored.

Well, we're currently on Wave 6, Wave 7 comes out next month, and Wave 8 will be the final Wave of the year. Supposedly they have the toy license until 2023, so it'll continue till then. But there's been a persistent rumor about who will be included in the final Wave of 2021, and I didn't want to say anything until I got proof. Well, proof beyond the names popping up on international sites for pre-sale.

Source 1.
    Source 2.
    Pic:

Long story short, around Christmas time you can now pick up Sun-Man. No idea if his supporting cast or nemesis will follow but...Sun-Man coming this Christmas!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    To be clear, I don't dislike the show, I was just pointing out the criticisms that have been levelled against it and wanted to know what people here thought of it.
    All things considered (not having seen the show in question myself), I think the general worry behind the criticisms is very valid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    GoW:R trailer is out.

Angrboda is in the trailer

And she's black.
    Who is Angrboda?

And why do they disrespect mythology?

Why the racebending?

At this rate, next thing I know there will be a white or Asian Yemonja or Shango.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Who is Angrboda?

Why the racebending?

At this rate, next thing I know there will be a white or Asian Yemonja or Shango.
    According to wikipedia:

Angrboša (Old Norse: [ˈɑŋɡz̠ˌbošɑ]; also Angrboda) is a jötunn in Norse mythology. She is the mate of Loki and the mother of monsters.[1] She is only mentioned once in the Poetic Edda (Völuspį hin skamma) as the mother of Fenrir by Loki. The Prose Edda (Gylfaginning) describes her as "a giantess in Jötunheimar" and as the mother of three monsters: the wolf Fenrir, the Midgard serpent Jörmungand, and the ruler of the dead Hel.[1]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angrbo%C3%B0a

Who is Angrboda?

Why the racebending?

It is a game with its own canon.

Mimir is like celtic and says Lad every 3 words

Loki is the son of the greek god of war Kratos (who ascended) who killed all the greek pantheon and Lauffey

Balder was.... not mythological balder.

They took liberties, just like the Thor comics take liberties from the Nose Myths

but... enter a black chick and people get in a tizzy (and then will buy the game anyway like always).

Angrboda is basically Loki's wife

There kids were a wolfe, a serpent, and Hela lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-11-2021 at 06:33 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Who is Angrboda?

Why the racebending?

On the one hand: fantasy race (eg. the jotunn/elves/etc.) = wiggle room for interpretation, which is a completely fair statement.

On the other: I'd like to see a "Heimdall" pulled where a light-skinned person of Latin, Asian, or European descent (just ONE, while everyone else is more ethnically accurate, unlike with that Gods of Egypt film) be portrayed as a named deity and side character in a sub-saharan African mythology, just to see if those same people preaching about the former abandon all intellectual honesty and scream "foul".
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-11-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

It is a game with its own canon.

Mimir is like celtic and says Lad every 3 words

Loki is the son of the greek god of war Kratos (who ascended) who killed all the greek pantheon and Lauffey

Balder was.... not mythological balder.

They took liberties, just like the Thor comics take liberties from the Nose Myths

but... enter a black chick and people get in a tizzy (and then will buy the game anyway like always).

Pretty much this.

Mighty Member

Loki too got knocked up by a horse and gave birth to.......another horse, but one with 8 legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    On the one hand: fantasy race (eg. the jotunn/elves/etc.) = wiggle room for interpretation, which is a completely fair statement.

On the other: I'd like to see a "Heimdall" pulled where a light-skinned person of Latin, Asian, or European descent (just ONE, while everyone else is more ethnically accurate, unlike with that Gods of Egypt film) be portrayed as a named deity and side character in a sub-saharan African mythology, just to see if those same people preaching about the former abandon all intellectual honesty and scream "foul".
    I mean, they bent Mimir, an aesir norse god, into this celtic/ireland accent dude, and no one gave a single flying shit about it.

Not to mention changing Loki's dad into a Spartan lol.

I man... give me a game on some cool new African Mythology and they can racebend someone in the sequel all they want lol.

Hell, Send Kratos to Africa next and let the rampage continue lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Masters of the Universe has been re-releasing the 82 line since about...November of 2020 I believe. Its called colloquially the Origins line, even though the name Origins doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging. The idea is that its the original 82 toyline, if they were made today. Which means more articulation, but...minus some gimmicks (like with Orko).

They're released in Waves at a time. 1 wave = 4 figures plus any vehicles plus any deluxe figures like Battle Armor He-Man Battle Armor Skeletor. What they started doing though was releasing figures of characters that either take place before the Filmation series (like when it was called Lords of Power before they settled on Masters of the Universe), or after the series (like 200X Evil-Lyn) though I think New Adventures will be totally ignored.

Well, we're currently on Wave 6, Wave 7 comes out next month, and Wave 8 will be the final Wave of the year. Supposedly they have the toy license until 2023, so it'll continue till then. But there's been a persistent rumor about who will be included in the final Wave of 2021, and I didn't want to say anything until I got proof. Well, proof beyond the names popping up on international sites for pre-sale.

Source 1.
    Source 2.
    Pic:

Long story short, around Christmas time you can now pick up Sun-Man. No idea if his supporting cast or nemesis will follow but...Sun-Man coming this Christmas!
    Never heard of Sun Man before. Is he in any comic runs?