Page 61 of 828 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    It's just unfortunate that Night Thrasher was basically named "Night Skateboarder", because unlike the bizarre way that a surfboard in space somehow comes off as seeming cool, the skateboard thing is just harder to work in to a Batman/Punisher kind of vibe, without seeming lame. But then, his name doesn't make a lot of sense, without it.

I honestly think this is/has been the biggest hurdle for the character. A bit of his concept that should make him unique, but is ultimately just a bit awkward.
    He had a good run during the 90's. At best, he may need a name change, and new means of transportation.

His overall look is pretty awesome, and very merchandise friendly, if promoted right.

Plus, he was using escrima sticks long before Dick Grayson.

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 10-05-2018 at 07:00 AM.

i don't know night thrasher much but isn't he techy?

couldn't he have his boots morph into a hoverboard type thing instead?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    i don't know night thrasher much but isn't he techy?

couldn't he have his boots morph into a hoverboard type thing instead?
    Yes to both.

Dwayne Taylor is rich. You can't be a rich superhero without tech. His armor is advanced.

He is also immune to telepathic probes, preventing Emma Frost from scanning his mind.

He also held his own against the Punisher.

Ultimate Member

PSA -- Tekken 7 is now $20.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-05-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    It's just unfortunate that Night Thrasher was basically named "Night Skateboarder", because unlike the bizarre way that a surfboard in space somehow comes off as seeming cool, the skateboard thing is just harder to work in to a Batman/Punisher kind of vibe, without seeming lame. But then, his name doesn't make a lot of sense, without it.

I honestly think this is/has been the biggest hurdle for the character. A bit of his concept that should make him unique, but is ultimately just a bit awkward.
    Yeah I never liked his superhero name even way back then. I had an appreciation for the character because it's not like there were a ton of black heroes at the time so a new one got my attention, even though he fell into the "black low powered or no powers" character camp that I was already sick of.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Man, Aquaman looks dope as hell to me.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Man, Aquaman looks dope as hell to me.
    Looks like WB left Wan alone.

And no Snyder influence.

Thank god. Im not 100% sold on the Mamoa and Heard's acting ability to lead a movie but the rest of it should be fun enough that it won't matter much.

At worst, at least it doesn't look like its going to bore anyone to death.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-05-2018 at 10:32 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Since it has come up...

I noticed elsewhere on the board that Starfire will apparently wind up with a costume. I'd imagine the end of that first season?

Seems like they are kind of walking around with only one shoe on in that regard. Will the show have weekly trailers where folks might eventually work out where it's heading, or just the trailers/clips in the lead up to next weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since it has come up...

I noticed elsewhere on the board that Starfire will apparently wind up with a costume. I'd imagine the end of that first season?

Seems like they are kind of walking around with only one shoe on in that regard. Will the show have weekly trailers where folks might eventually work out where it's heading, or just the trailers/clips in the lead up to next weekend?
    Wait... it isn't being dumped all at once ala netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Wait... it isn't being dumped all at once ala netflix?
    A couple of things I've read seem to point that DC plans on airing one episode a week. That said, I could be mistaken about that.

I'd guess they are trying to avoid a "One Month, And I'm Out..." sort of a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A couple of things I've read seem to point that DC plans on airing one episode a week. That said, I could be mistaken about that.

I'd guess they are trying to avoid a "One Month, And I'm Out..." sort of a situation.
    one month and im out is better than no months lol

The whole point of a subscription business is to get them in and hope they forget to cancel lol. the planet fitness model

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Yeah, N.T.'s creator Tom DeFalco probably didn't know much about skater culture aside from knowing about Thrasher magazine.

So we got Night Thrasher. It probably should have been either Night Stalker, Night Glider or Night Racer but some of those name have been used in other media.

And of course the skate boarding angle was dated the before the character came out.
    True. I can see the hope to try and capture the zeitgeist by incorporating something popular at a given time into your new character ... just didn't pan out well, in the case of skateboarding. Kind of reminds me, I think there was a villain introduced a bit ago, based on Anonymous ... interesting idea, but also not one that lends itself well to an enduring arch-villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    He had a good run during the 90's. At best, he may need a name change, and new means of transportation.

His overall look is pretty awesome, and very merchandise friendly, if promoted right.

Plus, he was using escrima sticks long before Dick Grayson.

Yeah, his look and the escrima sticks are good, and overall I think there's a lot to like about the character. Which I guess is why, as you said, he had a pretty good run through the 90s. And I was happy to see him brought back after Secret Wars ... I dunno, maybe just a name change would do the trick, removing any need to try and somehow incorporate a skateboard into his concept. Because I do think removing that need would be a boon ...

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yeah I never liked his superhero name even way back then. I had an appreciation for the character because it's not like there were a ton of black heroes at the time so a new one got my attention, even though he fell into the "black low powered or no powers" character camp that I was already sick of.
    Same here, I thought he was cool for being the leader/driving force behind the New Warriors, but it was also kind of lame that absolutely everybody had cooler powers than him. I guess I can see how it might be over-doing it to have the leader also be the most powerful, but more than martial arts and a spunky attitude would not have been asking too much.

Anyway, happy to know the kids of today have characters like Miles and Noble (which is just an awesome series) as opposed to the relatively slim pickings from back in the day. Maybe Night Thrasher didn't have any powers, but he at least wasn't effectively crippled by/for his powers, as was the case for Cyborg and Cloak, probably the biggest deals as far as black super heroes, from when I was a kid. I mean, I don't think I really considered the implications of that stuff back then, but it was still there.

Also, apparently there is a New Warriors tv show, just found out. I guess Marvel just needs a platform to release it?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Astonishing Member

I really wish we had more writers like Bendis, for all of his flaws he has been the driving architech when it comes to diversity in comics.
    With the new young justice line coming with the book Naomi, Dial H behind hispanic, having plans for Val Zod, I could only wish other successful writers can take up the mantle as much as he does. (There are smaller writers that gives it a show like Ewing, David Walker, etc, but they haven't reach the same level of success.)

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I really wish we had more writers like Bendis, for all of his flaws he has been the driving architech when it comes to diversity in comics.
    With the new young justice line coming with the book Naomi, Dial H behind hispanic, having plans for Val Zod, I could only wish other successful writers can take up the mantle as much as he does. (There are smaller writers that gives it a show like Ewing, David Walker, etc, but they haven't reach the same level of success.)
    I'm thankful for Bendis' attempts to introduce diversity even if some of it is... painful.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Jesus Wok
    God cut out the oil,
    Tryin' to get my cholesterol down,
    Jesus wok with me
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."