Page 622 of 828 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Somewhere, Roman Polanski's is living what's remains of his sorry life looking over his old ass shoulders everyday too. Having nightmares about what Weinstein is seeing and going through on a nightly basis and dragging him in the box with him.

1,000% on the parents and the bodyguards and the industry talent that worked with Kells, the fuckin' former cops that claimed he never saw Kelly with young girls, then went back and said he actually did. There is a shockingly small number of people, who clearly skated on accessory charges over this interstate trafficking ****, that have escaped any legal entanglement. Now these fools are making videos and going back being interviewed by Gayle King and the wife talking about being of 'two minds' about it, the one brotha that's a bodyguard is doing and interview and I don't wanna hear from none of these assholes. Even Josyln was 'selling' parts of her story on a Patreon page and they took that **** down.

I fully understand the very real circumstance of unequal justice but on a broader level, that's something else Kelly took advantage of.
    There is a reason Punisher Comics are popular lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Don't forget the director of Jeeper Creepers-Victor Salva.

Who DISNEY hired and KEPT after finding out while he was doing Powder.

Who still got work and even did a movie starring Rose McGowan. Yes that Rose McGowan.

Dc Comics still needs to be called out for Eddie B. How many folks got removed or lost jobs like McDuffie over toxic fans yet Eddie kept his job for 20+ years.
    Good points. I forgot all about the Powder saga.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Anytime a horrible person ends up in jail (or dead) it is reason to be happy.

It doesn't mean everything is perfect or even good. John Legend is a **** just like a lot of celebrities (and normal people).

You can celebrate the good without always saying, "it should be better" immediately. Life is maddening if you live that way because it will never be "fair" or even.

A monster is gone and that is worth a momentary fist pump at least lol
    Kelly is where he belongs. Kelly & Cosby went down via documentaries, and comedy skits. Folks should be able to put that same energy into other known predators who happened to be talented entertainers.

Kelly was low in the food chain, imo.

I want those Epstein guys exposed.

Somewhere, Roman Polanski's is living what's remains of his sorry life looking over his old ass shoulders everyday too. Having nightmares about what Weinstein is seeing and going through on a nightly basis and dragging him in the box with him.

1,000% on the parents and the bodyguards and the industry talent that worked with Kells, the fuckin' former cops that claimed he never saw Kelly with young girls, then went back and said he actually did. There is a shockingly small number of people, who clearly skated on accessory charges over this interstate trafficking ****, that have escaped any legal entanglement. Now these fools are making videos and going back being interviewed by Gayle King and the wife talking about being of 'two minds' about it, the one brotha that's a bodyguard is doing and interview and I don't wanna hear from none of these assholes. Even Josyln was 'selling' parts of her story on a Patreon page and they took that **** down.

I fully understand the very real circumstance of unequal justice but on a broader level, that's something else Kelly took advantage of.
    Folks want to develop a conscious when the wheels fall off a gravy train.

I don't know if folks know how common it is for grown men to pursue teen girls. Growing up, it was common to see grown men driving around high schools looking for teen girls.

A lot of girls think they more mature, only to get exploited. Some parents know their daughters run with adult men, and do nothing. A lot of blame needs to passed around.

Remember this?

Poor Brenda.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84LUpG6ieis

Ultimate Member

I think the problem with the sexual assault issue is there's a very real and very powerful group of people that are facilitating this stuff...and pretty much no one can stop it.

Guys like Bryan Singer had people make allegations against him as far back as 2006 and he's still moving around, heck, he still made several X-men movies, same with Roman Polanski. Prince Andrew is still moving around (although he's running around) and Donald Trump was elected President despite multiple allegations against him. R.Kelly only got caught because his cup was full and he'd run out of money (all those lawyers cost a lot of money) and Bill Cosby is a free man again. I don't really like celebrating the Harvey Weinstein case is because it went for too freaking long (Time magazine did a special about him in the early 2000s, Entourage had an obnoxious, bullying producer modelled after him and even Seth McFarlane joked about several times, his actions weren't secret at all) and no one said a thing. For all we know similar stuff could be happening right now and people just keep quiet about it.

Point is, it's a societal problem and something needs to change in said society. Parents need to start talking to their male children early in life to respect girls and parents need to also talk to their daughters to maintain their self-esteem, resist societal pressures and protect themselves. The world is over-sexualized and frankly not enough is being said to young people to exercise control (note, not abstinence...control) over themselves.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-06-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think the problem with the sexual assault issue is there's a very real and very powerful group of people that are facilitating this stuff...and pretty much no one can stop it.

Guys like Bryan Singer had people make allegations against him as far back as 2006 and he's still moving around, heck, he still made several X-men movies, same with Roman Polanski. Prince Andrew is still moving around (although he's running around) and Donald Trump was elected President despite multiple allegations against him. R.Kelly only got caught because his cup was full and he'd run out of money (all those lawyers cost a lot of money) and Bill Cosby is a free man again. I don't really like celebrating the Harvey Weinstein case is because it went for too freaking long (Time magazine did a special about him in the early 2000s, Entourage had an obnoxious, bullying producer modelled after him and even Seth McFarlane joked about several times, his actions weren't secret at all) and no one said a thing. For all we know similar stuff could be happening right now and people just keep quiet about it.

Point is, it's a societal problem and something needs to change in said society. Parents need to start talking to their male children early in life to respect girls and parents need to also talk to their daughters to maintain their self-esteem, resist societal pressures and protect themselves. The world is over-sexualized and frankly not enough is being said to young people to exercise control (note, not abstinence...control) over themselves.
    Didn't Courtney Love also say something about Weinstein?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Don't forget the director of Jeeper Creepers-Victor Salva.

Who DISNEY hired and KEPT after finding out while he was doing Powder.

Who still got work and even did a movie starring Rose McGowan. Yes that Rose McGowan.

Dc Comics still needs to be called out for Eddie B. How many folks got removed or lost jobs like McDuffie over toxic fans yet Eddie kept his job for 20+ years.
    Anytime a horrible person ends up in jail (or dead) it is reason to be happy.

It doesn't mean everything is perfect or even good. John Legend is a **** just like a lot of celebrities (and normal people).

You can celebrate the good without always saying, "it should be better" immediately. Life is maddening if you live that way because it will never be "fair" or even.

A monster is gone and that is worth a momentary fist pump at least lol

I agree with everything you posted.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yep she did...as far as back as 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Yep she did...as far as back as 2005!
    There were all kinds of hints about the guy. I forget the actress but Seth Mcfarlane was reading the Academy Award nominees and he mentioned a actress name and then added, "Now she can quit pretending she likes Harvey Weinstein." (Just noticed Username talked about the Seth Joke in his post. Sorry for the repeat.) He also had a joke that pointed at Kevin Spacey and we know about the claims made on him. Stewie was running through the mall naked yelling "Help I just escaped from Kevin Spacey's Basement."

My question is if it was so well known people could joke about it why the Hell did it take so long to do anything about it!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I mean... the Cathlic church has been doing it forever with no consequences so....

US Soldiers were forced to ignore Afgan soliders raping afgan boys

THis **** is endemic.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

My question is if it was so well known people could joke about it why the Hell did it take so long to do anything about it!
    Because too high of a population really gives a ****. The older the generation, the less they seem to care.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Somewhere, Roman Polanski is sipping on a pina colda.

I recall John Legend throwing stones at R. Kelly, then participated at an Elvis event. Elvis married a young one, too.

I would take these stories more serious if justice was not cherry picked.

Someone posted about the parents being enablers to the exploitation of their children. They should face some scrutiny, imo.

Can’t agree more..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 10-06-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

MONEY..... What you can DO for me....

Lets take Harvey Weinstein look at what his studio (Weinstein Company and Miramax and parts of Dimension Films) tossed out before he got called to the carpet...

The Crying Game
    Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    The English Patient
    Jackie Brown
    Good Will Hunting
    Scream
    Scary Movie
    Django Unchained
    This man helped black folks before anyone heard of Tyler Perry. How many careers did this man START with his studio?

Lets say if he gotten taken to court and lost in 1996-who does the movie Scream??? That is 4-5 movies and a tv show? How many careers get altered? Like Neve Campbell?

Same with Joss Whedon-think of the cultural impact Buffy had. Take that show away- how many other shows look different or don't exist? Like Angel? Do we get David Boreanaz? Who career high was getting beat up by Al Bundy on Married With Children before Buffy? Does Bones and Seal happen without him as the lead?

Bill Cosby-if he got busted BEFORE the Cosby Show-how big would that be?? How many careers did Cosby Show start? A Different World? Adam Sandler? Cree Summer? Alicia Keys?
    He FOUGHT to save This is Where I Live on ABC and gave Doug E Doug work on Cosby.
    Lets not forget his donating to HBCUS.

Yes we had folks who knew but we had others who did not. If you took Harvey and Bill out-who takes their place?

Cosby is out. Does Robert Townsend or Melvin Can Peebles or someone else step in and open those doors for all those folks? Or do we never hear from David or Neve or Adam?

That is the slippery slope. Because you have a cherry picking society. Look at DC-got rid of the toxic folks. Characters that were victims of those toxic folks are now getting shots and sales are not doing well. Some folks would like those toxic folks back because they gave them what they wanted.

Ultimate Member

I mean... the Cathlic church has been doing it forever with no consequences so....

US Soldiers were forced to ignore Afgan soliders raping afgan boys

THis **** is endemic.

Because too high of a population really gives a ****. The older the generation, the less they seem to care.
    So why do those generations complain about degeneracy, then?

Invincible Member

There were all kinds of hints about the guy. I forget the actress but Seth Mcfarlane was reading the Academy Award nominees and he mentioned a actress name and then added, "Now she can quit pretending she likes Harvey Weinstein." (Just noticed Username talked about the Seth Joke in his post. Sorry for the repeat.) He also had a joke that pointed at Kevin Spacey and we know about the claims made on him. Stewie was running through the mall naked yelling "Help I just escaped from Kevin Spacey's Basement."

Because he was making a lot of money for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Because he was making a lot of money for a lot of people.
    There's also the fact that "Doing anything about it..." would probably have meant torching their own careers right along with his for some of those folks.

Not too many folks will pick those dice up and roll them.

Extraordinary Member

Somebody has to speak out and be willing to take the humiliation, victim blaming and possible lawsuits to try to silence them to even have a chance at a day in court.

It wasn't just Family Guy slamming Spacy by the way.

The sitcom Difficult People about humorously sociopathic pair desperate to enter the entertainment business (I'm seeing a possible example of "Write What You Know" here) made MANY jokes about Kevin Spacy being a Closeted Gay Pedo.

Note it's not his being a closeted gay that is the issue its him being a Pedo that is at issue. Just so there is no confusion.

And that was back around 2017. These jokes are so blatant you wonder why Spacy didn't sue for slander but given that he actually was a Closeted Gay Pedo, he likely thought better of it.

This pattern here is that this abhorrent stuff was common knowledge in the industry, but as long as people are too scared to talk and when you look at all the **** Terry Crews took for his disclosure of sexual assault (and that was a famous dude who you figured everyone liked!) you can see why peeps in the bottom rung who get victimized don't want to say anything.

Seems no matter the person of the situation the first thing many will pivot to is victim blaming. The Cops as well as the public.

That would make anyone think twice. I'm actually amazed that so many peeps are sounding the alarm now.

Ultimate Member

It's odd how victim blaming is the go-to for law enforcement when it comes to sexual assault, yet if it's a parking ticket or j-walking, or standing while non-White, it's guns a-blazing!