Page 623 of 828 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 12408
    Ultimate Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ka...BingNewsSearch

A school district in Texas removed books by an award-winning author from its schools' library shelves and postponed a virtual event he had been invited to because of a complaint that his books promote critical race theory.

Jerry Craft, a New York Times bestselling and Newbery winning author and illustrator, was invited to do a virtual visit by the Katy Independent School District, a suburb 30 miles west of Houston, Texas, on October 4.

It's routine for Bonnie Anderson to review her three children's school materials. From math homework to what they're reading in English class, Anderson, a former candidate for Katy ISD school board and the person behind the online petition to cancel Craft's virtual meeting, told CNN Thursday that she reviews it all to see what they're learning and to engage with her kids.

When she saw the flyer about Craft's virtual meeting set to take place during school, she rented his books from the library and after reading them herself said she was "alarmed" by the material.

"Once I had confirmed that this was critical race theory material, I started the petition and made other parents aware of what was in these books," she said.

Anderson said she didn't launch the formal complaint about Craft's books being on the shelves in school. Her main concern was "that in a taxpayer-funded school, materials which are divisive and can only serve to perpetuate things like bullying or racism or pitting children against each other" are "just not appropriate." Craft's books, she said, are filled with microaggressions.
    Lets see what is in Katy ISD's libraries.

John Lewis's MARCH books are there.
    Walter Dean Myers is there.
    Jason Reynolds is there. Especially All American Boys.
    Lamar Giles is there.
    Hey Black Panther fans- Ta-Nehisi Coates is there.

Katy ISD puts out a reading list for kids. I found books that DO fit what she is saying.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ka...BingNewsSearch

Lets see what is in Katy ISD's libraries.

John Lewis's MARCH books are there.
    Walter Dean Myers is there.
    Jason Reynolds is there. Especially All American Boys.
    Lamar Giles is there.
    Hey Black Panther fans- Ta-Nehisi Coates is there.

Katy ISD puts out a reading list for kids. I found books that DO fit what she is saying.
    There's a real "daughters of the confederacy" drive going around in red states.

They're hiding it under critical race theory. It's never been about critical race theory, it's all about covering up history and maintaining the continual chain of generational racism and bigotry. Seriously, some people are saying "Superman vs the Klan" is inappropriate for children. They are literally fighting to protect their racism.

It's important that people not get distracted from more serious issues like these and highlight them as much as possible.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

They're hiding it under critical race theory. It's never been about critical race theory, it's all about covering up history and maintaining the continual chain of generational racism and bigotry. Seriously, some people are saying "Superman vs the Klan" is inappropriate for children. They are literally fighting to protect their racism.
    I have New Kid (an advance copy that is NOT in color) and Class Act.

So far I have seen...

Black Dad get stopped by a cop-tells son and his friend to put down cellphones and have their hands raised up in the air. Pretty much DAD is fearing for his life oblivious to the cop-who is just doing his job. Even the son is confused.

A white kid is dressed as Black Panther for Halloween.

A white kid (who I think is a bully or there is a love hate relationship between him and the dark skinned black kid) painted himself green to be the Hulk-he can't get the paint off his skin. He makes a comment about not liking being teased for his skin color.

The light skinned black kid DOES notice how he gets treated versus his DARKER skin friend.

Kids from a black school visit the white school and realize how bad their school is.

The books are a taste of what almost every black kid has dealt with in nonminority schools. Nobody in the books are being racist towards each other. Everybody is being themselves.

Ultimate Member

It's important that people not get distracted from more serious issues like these and highlight them as much as possible.
    The hypocrisy of these people being offended by critical race theory while crying about cancel culture tearing down their precious statues.

Seriously, all statues should be torn down.

They have, nothing, else. These are the adults who've produced offspring and chose to populate corners of society based on segregation, based on a lineage dependent on degradation and ostracizing any others that do not look like you, this is what you end up with. Now that it's out of fashion, in only the broadest sense mind you, to lynch innocents and make a public display of belonging to a KKK, steal Black folks land is increasingly a hard look to go back and find merit in Uncle Buck and Great Grandpa Jaspers embarrassing involvement in past actions.

Facing up to the reality that none of that confederate **** is anything to be proud of is can be way to much on many of an American minds of a certain age.

Congrats to Bubba Wallace btw on becoming only the 2nd Black stock car driver to win a race at the top of the sport since 1963 this past weekend. Here's some actual critical thought on race- back then they didn't even present Wendell Scott a trophy, he didn't even get his purse for winning the race for hours later. NASCAR awarded the family the 58 year old trophy at Daytona this past summer. I'm guessing this historical account is even too much of a critique of a racial theory to relay to a certain school districts in Texas though.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    The hypocrisy of these people being offended by critical race theory while crying about cancel culture tearing down their precious statues.

Agreed 100%.

I have read a hundred articles on Critical Race Theory and have read a hundred different meanings to it. There was a protest at one of the schools in my area because people were bitching about CRT. But when the leader of the protest was asked why he was upset he just said its racist. When he was asked to explain how or why he could not and just got a dumb look on his face. My aunt who is against it cant explain why ior what it is. Neither can anyone I ask who is against it.

I am guessing that 75 percent (And I am being kind making that number that low) dont know what The Hell Critical Race Theory is other then the GOP hates it so it must be bad for white people so they hate it too.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    They have, nothing, else. These are the adults who've produced offspring and chose to populate corners of society based on segregation, based on a lineage dependent on degradation and ostracizing any others that do not look like you, this is what you end up with. Now that it's out of fashion, in only the broadest sense mind you, to lynch innocents and make a public display of belonging to a KKK, steal Black folks land is increasingly a hard look to go back and find merit in Uncle Buck and Great Grandpa Jaspers embarrassing involvement in past actions.

Facing up to the reality that none of that confederate **** is anything to be proud of is can be way to much on many of an American minds of a certain age.

Congrats to Bubba Wallace btw on becoming only the 2nd Black stock car driver to win a race at the top of the sport since 1963 this past weekend. Here's some actual critical thought on race- back then they didn't even present Wendell Scott a trophy, he didn't even get his purse for winning the race for hours later. NASCAR awarded the family the 58 year old trophy at Daytona this past summer. I'm guessing this historical account is even too much of a critique of a racial theory to relay to a certain school districts in Texas though.
    Yeah, it's really something.

The whole "rewriting history" thing is actually embarassing to them. Like, how fragile can one be to think like that.

But I'm really happy for Bubba Wallace particularly after the controversy of the last few years. I legit didn't even know a black person had won NASCAR before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have read a hundred articles on Critical Race Theory and have read a hundred different meanings to it. There was a protest at one of the schools in my area because people were bitching about CRT. But when the leader of the protest was asked why he was upset he just said its racist. When he was asked to explain how or why he could not and just got a dumb look on his face. My aunt who is against it cant explain why ior what it is. Neither can anyone I ask who is against it.

I am guessing that 75 percent (And I am being kind making that number that low) dont know what The Hell Critical Race Theory is other then the GOP hates it so it must be bad for white people so they hate it too.
    They just can't stand being reminded American history isn't perfect, and is in many ways worse than they pretend. As if the centuries of abuse of Native American and African-American people's is just some minor inconvenience

Why all statues? Ones glorifying racists and confederates, I get.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why all statues? Ones glorifying racists and confederates, I get.
    I may have exaggerated there, but I'm referring to all the people venerated by society who were actually bigots and other questionable characters. But I don't think we really need statues to people.

Chapelle has kinda mastered the art of doing a comedy special with no comedy while offending enough people to drive clicks.

Trying to do the Carlin thing but he's... forgetting the funny part lol. And while Carlin "thing" was sticking it to the "man," Dave has turned to... attack cancel culture and trans folks? Punchign down instead of punching up.....

Just a little odd he's become so laser focused on that lately.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

There's comedy to be made in attacking the extremes of cancel culture, but cancel culture has always existed. It's nothing really new. What's new is those doing the cancelling, which isn't just the majority demographic anymore. And some people deserve to be cancelled.

I haven't seen Chappelle's latest show yet so I can't be sure of what he's said.

I have a whole problem with the punching up vs. punching down paradigm. For instance, is it okay to make fat jokes if they're about say, Chris Christie? I mean, yeah he's certainly deserving of ridicule, but jokes that are entirely about his weight are still fat shaming, right? My point is that it seems to be a sliding scale as to who is punching up and who is punching down.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Chapelle has kinda mastered the art of doing a comedy special with no comedy while offending enough people to drive clicks.

Trying to do the Carlin thing but he's... forgetting the funny part lol. And while Carlin "thing" was sticking it to the "man," Dave has turned to... attack cancel culture and trans folks? Punchign down instead of punching up.....

Just a little odd he's become so laser focused on that lately.
    David Chapelle is what happens when you run off to an isolated community of ass kissers.

He saw what he was becoming and ran away to Africa to hide from it. Then he came back with a chip on his shoulder.

Eddie Murphy moved on to movies before peeps could get tired of his stand up. Chris Rock maintained some element of humility in his stand up.

Chappelle couldn't do either.

Dude's so out of touch that he thinks Cancel Culture is something that Black folk are even interested( save for a few fat whiny nerds) in to make fun of.

And he can't make fun of Gays because it's not the 80's and he isn't Eddie Murphy, but maybe he can get away with making fun of Trans folk.

What many people find funny has changed. He hasn't and he wants to take it out on Trans folks.