Page 627 of 828 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631637677727 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 12408
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    That's always a stretch, though. spoilers:
    Loki shouldn't have any problems fighting normal humans
    end of spoilers
    The writers seem to have forgotten that Loki is a frost giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    Not really. The Loki show does have normal humans giving the titular character problems.
    end of spoilers
    ahhhhh why did you remind me I blocked it from memory. Is hould have said "pre end game MCU" lol

I was jsut as pissed about it in loki. Even worse.

Loki took shots from Cap WITHOUT MOVING lol. Straight outclassed the dude.

HE FIGHTS THOR lol.

Loki show turned him into a weak idiot.

Maybe the MCU should have ended with End game lol. Seems too stretched thin that Feigie or whoever can't keep stuff consistent anymore.

Please shang, don't suck. give me hope again.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The writers seem to have forgotten that Loki is a frost giant.
    Exactly. He can't easily be defeated. But this is the same universe where Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight could handle Vision and Wanda, but not Steve, Nat and Sam, somehow

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Maybe the MCU should have ended with End game lol. Seems too stretched thin that Feigie or whoever can't keep stuff consistent anymore.

Please shang, don't suck. give me hope again.
    That's a little extreme. There's plenty to be excited about IMO

That's a little extreme. There's plenty to be excited about IMO
    Since End Game, for me personaly (as someone who loved the MCU)

Widow was very meh

I dind't enjoy WV or Loki.

FalWS was good enough.

What If was very hit or miss episode to episode.

So, for me personally... not been a great time. aNd then tainted by what they did to BPII that just perpetually irks me lol. Eternals looks like a snooze fest, I actually don't care about Spider-Verse, I didn't like Factions Barton Bro, so not not exactly an exciting upcomign slate for me.

Shang is apparently good, I just haven't seen it yet. and MK has me excited.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Since End Game, for me personaly (as someone who loved the MCU)

Widow was very meh

I dind't enjoy WV or Loki.

FalWS was good enough.

What If was very hit or miss episode to episode.

So, for me personally... not been a great time. aNd then tainted by what they did to BPII that just perpetually irks me lol. Eternals looks like a snooze fest, I actually don't care about Spider-Verse, I didn't like Factions Barton Bro, so not not exactly an exciting upcomign slate for me.

Shang is apparently good, I just haven't seen it yet. and MK has me excited.
    Ok. I guess we can't all he excited for the same things. I liked Wanda vision and Loki way more than FaWS personally. I haven't seen Shang yet either but it sounds cool. But some of the upcoming projects, like MoM, L&T, Armor Wars, NWH, and Secret Invasion all sound interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    IMO, they got a bit cute with the Taskmaster reveal because 1) they wanted to acknowledge that Nat had done some messed up (if not outright evil) stuff in her past and

2) The Taskmaster doesn't exactly work in the MCU where there's no Peak human and Captain America, Black Panther and Spider Man all have car flipping Super Strength to various degrees. TM doesn't make sense in the Comics either, which is why TM went from an Avengers rogue to a Spider Man rogue to a Deadpool lite. At least as a action Merc type fighting no name enemy Mercs, he can believably win without any hero jobbing out.

Narratively they had to address Nat's dark past since at least 2 Avengers movies referenced it and they weren't going to get another chance to address it since this was a solo film about a character who had already died (whose actress is also done with the MCU).
    We have had peak humans in the MCU: John Walker. Kingpin, Daredevil and Bullseye also count if you acknowledge the Netflix shows.

I don't see how the MCU version doesn't make sense. spoilers:
    She's stated to have powers.
    end of spoilers

We have had peak humans in the MCU: John Walker. Kingpin, Daredevil and Bullseye also count if you acknowledge the Netflix shows.

I don't see how the MCU version doesn't make sense. spoilers:
    She's stated to have powers.
    end of spoilers
    Walker is enhanced. He has the serum.

spoilers:
    All they said was something about a chip with TM. It was dumb and monologued in. Wasn't explained at all. Why give one solider enhanced abilities but then none of the widows who actually do the work that he has perfect mine control over?

Especially weird how they just said something about a chip yet we know Russia had more than one variation of the SSS (bucky, red guardian, the other WS's). Of course, they never even said who Dreycov was actuall working for or what he really wanted or anyting so whatever lol
    end of spoilers

TM never made sense in the movie and they should have just used actual Widows in all the scenes TM was in.

Walker is enhanced. He has the serum.
    Even before that, he was pretty strong and fast for a human. It was listed as one of the reasons he was made Captain America.

spoilers:
    All they said was something about a chip with TM. It was dumb and monologued in. Wasn't explained at all. Why give one solider enhanced abilities but then none of the widows who actually do the work that he has perfect mine control over?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If I had to guess, I'd say the chip is difficult to make.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Especially weird how they just said something about a chip yet we know Russia had more than one variation of the SSS (bucky, red guardian, the other WS's). Of course, they never even said who Dreycov was actuall working for or what he really wanted or anyting so whatever lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The only successful Winter Soldiers were Bucky and Red Guardian. As we saw in the Civil War flashback, most recipients of the serum went mad and had to be killed. Creating a super soldier who is both powerful and controllable is very difficult.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As for Dreycov, I don't think he was working for anyone. He was just a criminal using the Red Room for his own agenda. Nothing more.
    end of spoilers

TM never made sense in the movie and they should have just used actual Widows in all the scenes TM was in.[/QUOTE]

I saw Shang Chi on labor day weekend. I liked it. It didn't knock my socks off or anything, but I did like it. The last few posts have made me think about how few characters in the MCU have actual, no BS, full blown superpowers.

Spider-Man, Dr. Strange and Wong, The Hulk, Thor and the Asgardians, Captain Marvel, U.S. Agent and now the Eternals I suppose, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. What are they gonna do when Galactus shows up in phase 10?

Extraordinary Member

Ok. I guess we can't all he excited for the same things. I liked Wanda vision and Loki way more than FaWS personally. I haven't seen Shang yet either but it sounds cool. But some of the upcoming projects, like MoM, L&T, Armor Wars, NWH, and Secret Invasion all sound interesting
    Shang Chi was really well done I thought.

I think the fans for some reasons ( because Nerds are contrary) that like rootable villains will really like WenWu/ The " Mandarin"/Shang's Dad as the bad guy in this.

Tony Leung is a actor I've followed for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Spider-Man, Dr. Strange and Wong, The Hulk, Thor and the Asgardians, Captain Marvel, U.S. Agent and now the Eternals I suppose, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. What are they gonna do when Galactus shows up in phase 10?
    Galactus was never supposed to be a villain that characters could ever beat by punching him in the face. Marvel Comics got away from that because they can't stop messing with their core concepts for shock value.

You still have Scarlet Witch and Vision who are still out there. Also Monica Rambeau.

And the teen Ms. Marvel is coming to TV soonish.

There are more metahumans in the MCU than ever.

And that's before you get to the "they will get here sooner or later" Fantastic Four and the X Men.

....Who I don't think Feige even really wants to use (a guy who made Ant Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy stars probably legit doesn't see why he needs the Xmen at all) except to keep them away from Fox or any other company.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 10-12-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I saw Shang Chi on labor day weekend. I liked it. It didn't knock my socks off or anything, but I did like it. The last few posts have made me think about how few characters in the MCU have actual, no BS, full blown superpowers.

Iron Man, War Machine, both Ant-Man, both Wasps (technically), Star-Lord, new Captain America and Rocket all have tech which simulates powers.

Even before that, he was pretty strong and fast for a human. It was listed as one of the reasons he was made Captain America.
    Taskmaster would have worked better as a villain in FalWS now that I think about it.

coulda used him instead of Batroc. He'd be fun comedic relief too as needed. I could see him noticing Walker was now a super soldier and just oing, "cya later guyz" and dipping out on the Flagsmashers lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Shang Chi was really well done I thought.

I think the fans for some reasons ( because Nerds are contrary) that like rootable villains will really like WenWu/ The " Mandarin"/Shang's Dad as the bad guy in this.

Tony Leung is a actor I've followed for years.

Galactus was never supposed to be a villain that characters could ever beat by punching him in the face. Marvel Comics got away from that because they can't stop messing with their core concepts for shock value.

You still have Scarlet Witch and Vision who are still out there. Also Monica Rambeau.

And the teen Ms. Marvel is coming to TV soonish.

There are more metahumans in the MCU than ever.

And that's before you get to the "they will get here sooner or later" Fantastic Four and the X Men.

....Who I don't think Feige even really wants to use (a guy who made Ant Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy stars probably legit doesn't see why he needs the Xmen at all) except to keep them away from Fox or any other company.
    The thing with X-men and the major difficulty is that the MCU has been laid out in fairly concrete fashion.

It was a plan that was made without the X-men or FF in mind. At all.

Ultimate Member

Taskmaster would have worked better as a villain in FalWS now that I think about it.

coulda used him instead of Batroc. He'd be fun comedic relief too as needed. I could see him noticing Walker was now a super soldier and just oing, "cya later guyz" and dipping out on the Flagsmashers lol
    He's also fought Spider-Man & Ant-Man, hasn't he? Although Idk how much she'd be a threat to their MCU versions

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The thing with X-men and the major difficulty is that the MCU has been laid out in fairly concrete fashion.

It was a plan that was made without the X-men or FF in mind. At all.
    I wonder if any version of adding the X-Men will have a satisfactory explanation

Ultimate Member

I wonder if any version of adding the X-Men will have a satisfactory explanation
    Have a team just now getting their powers versus an established one.

Toss in the side effects of the snap caused their powers to start up.

Have they appear and be from the same universe Miles Morales is from when Marvel finally decides to use him instead of Peter Parker pretending to be him.